127 year old statue being removed in oakland

The article says its in Atlanta. Even I know that is not in California.
America has revenue sharing. Atlanta was built on it for many decades. Village people like free money also. Deep blue as other cities and local places in Red areas.

What are these Bay area dipshits going to do next, take down Willie Mays statue because he hit most of his home runs to RIGHT field?

so now you care about tax dollars,,,
it doesnt cost money to have it sitting there,, but I do know you dont want the world know you vote for the people that had you as a slave,,,

are you an uncle tom??

so now you care about tax dollars,,,
it doesnt cost money to have it sitting there,, but I do know you dont want the world know you vote for the people that had you as a slave,,,

are you an uncle tom??
It's cost thr taxpayers to maintain these racist ass statues. Who is it that is fighting to keep these racist statues and monuments? Republicans.

There will come a time when there will be nothing left to tell our descendants about the evils of the past.

It shouldn't be surprising, then, when those evils are repeated...

The problem is people are using today's standards to judge yesterday. You simply can't do that because people and the environment was much different. We didn't create slavery. It was worldwide back then. Slavery dates all the way back to the early biblical days. It was pretty much an acceptable way of life.

When I was in school and you got out of hand, the teacher would take a board and beat the hell out of you right in front of your class. If a teacher did that today, it would be national news. There would be lawsuits going. The teacher would not only lose his job, but his entire career. But back then male teachers did it all the time, and the parents had no problem with it.

In 75 years from now, folks may think we were barbarians for keeping animals as pets and having zoos. Today it's just acceptable. As we continue to place more value on animals than we do humans, it may come down to that. Today you can get more time in jail for beating your dog than beating your wife. 50 years ago nobody could even imagine that. People, standards and society change, that's all there is to it.

No it's not you racist cocksucka, why should my tax dollars help maintain the statue of a racist POS.
Let's first of all inform all the not so bright people that think this issue is coming out of
Oakland, California, it is not!
It is coming out of Atlanta, Georgia and a cemetery there named Oakland.

Next let's inform you that the statue being removed, due to extreme vandalism, is being put into safe secure
storage. So if you do happen to pay taxes for it's preservation, which is doubtful, citizens of Atlanta
will still be footing the bill for this historical relic.

The problem is people are using today's standards to judge yesterday. You simply can't do that because people and the environment was much different. We didn't create slavery. It was worldwide back then. Slavery dates all the way back to the early biblical days. It was pretty much an acceptable way of life.

When I was in school and you got out of hand, the teacher would take a board and beat the hell out of you right in front of your class. If a teacher did that today, it would be national news. There would be lawsuits going. The teacher would not only lose his job, but his entire career. But back then male teachers did it all the time, and the parents had no problem with it.

In 75 years from now, folks may think we were barbarians for keeping animals as pets and having zoos. Today it's just acceptable. As we continue to place more value on animals than we do humans, it may come down to that. Today you can get more time in jail for beating your dog than beating your wife. 50 years ago nobody could even imagine that. People, standards and society change, that's all there is to it.

Exactly correct...

Forum List

Back