13 Benghazis Happened Under President Bush

For the past few years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration's request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 -- cutting back on the department's request by $331 million.

In 2011 and 2012 Republicans voted down a request from the State Department for more security funding.
Did Republicans hope an attack on Americans overseas would be successful, so they could make political points on it?
I would not put it past them.

90% of the soldiers going to Iraq thought it was because of 9/11. That poll has been posted many times here. Are Republicans going to call them "stupid" or admit they were tricked?
That nobly they enlisted because of what happened on 9/11 and spent time at war in Iraq mean or require that they believed the attack came from Iraq.

We don't know what the knew for certain except that they probably knew that the attack emanated from terrorists led by OBL who was hiding in Afghanistan.

The vast majority very likely knew that Saddam Hussein had offered up and paid $25k to the families of any terrorist who suicided himself against American interests, and therefore was a state sponsor of terrorism.

That was substantiated by the gutted out Boeing 727 in the desert at Salman Pak that was ostensibly used for training would be terrorist in the practice of hi-jacking planes in the spirit of the 9/11 attack.

NOW Deanie; please post any credible poll or survey that substantiated your 90% claim.

True.

Saddam Rewards Suicide Bombers' Families

Laughable.

This was a ploy by Saddam Hussein to get back street cred after going to bed with America and attacking Iran.

Then getting stabbed in the back by his bedmate.

Funny you folks keep bringing this up.

Iraq, under Hussein, never planned or financed terrorist attacks against America.

In 2011 and 2012 Republicans voted down a request from the State Department for more security funding.
Did Republicans hope an attack on Americans overseas would be successful, so they could make political points on it?
I would not put it past them.

That was their design. :mad:

90% of the soldiers going to Iraq thought it was because of 9/11. That poll has been posted many times here. Are Republicans going to call them "stupid" or admit they were tricked?
That nobly they enlisted because of what happened on 9/11 and spent time at war in Iraq mean or require that they believed the attack came from Iraq.

We don't know what the knew for certain except that they probably knew that the attack emanated from terrorists led by OBL who was hiding in Afghanistan.

The vast majority very likely knew that Saddam Hussein had offered up and paid $25k to the families of any terrorist who suicided himself against American interests, and therefore was a state sponsor of terrorism.

That was substantiated by the gutted out Boeing 727 in the desert at Salman Pak that was ostensibly used for training would be terrorist in the practice of hi-jacking planes in the spirit of the 9/11 attack.

NOW Deanie; please post any credible poll or survey that substantiated your 90% claim.

True.

Saddam Rewards Suicide Bombers' Families

No, not true. Those payouts had nothing to do with America and everything to do Hussein's support of Palestinian attacks against Israel.

For the past few years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration's request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 -- cutting back on the department's request by $331 million.

Sure. it's the Republicans who forced Obama to not send aid and then blame it on a video. Somehow, I don't think so.

Sure. it's the Republicans who forced Obama to not send aid and then blame it on a video. Somehow, I don't think so.

Obama got bin Laden.
Republicans didn't.

bush didnt lie about embassay attacks

geez you LWNJs are some stupid SOBs
Yeah, Bush only lied about why he decided to invade Iraq. No big deal. Just 5,000 American lives, 100K Iraqi lives, and upwards of $2 trillion.

Really? What was the real reason he decided to invade Iraq?

Three reasons really. The first two are the from the PNAC

One was to kowtow to the oil industry, which wanted to profit from the instability of a middle eastern war.

Second was box in the "Soviet Union" in terms of resources from gulf oil states.

Bush's personal reason? Was to look good for daddy..while "surpassing" him by beating up an old adversary of the Bush family and their allies in Saudi Arabia.

bush didnt lie about embassay attacks

geez you LWNJs are some stupid SOBs
Yeah, Bush only lied about why he decided to invade Iraq. No big deal. Just 5,000 American lives, 100K Iraqi lives, and upwards of $2 trillion.

Really? What was the real reason he decided to invade Iraq?
What difference does it make? He lied about why he did invade. Makes the observation how he may not have lied about attacks on embassies sound ridiculous.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.
On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."
"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country."

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.
On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."
"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country."
Let's see if the GOP cranks up an investigation over that?

And certainly, the Bush administration wouldn't lie to cover up potential negative press from the 911 attack ...

Q: Had there been any warnings that the president knew of?

Ari Fleischer: No warnings.

Last edited:

Just thought I would show a link to some facts in case anybody cared.
Barbara Boxer?s claim that GOP budgets hampered Benghazi security - The Washington Post

I understand why the left wing hacks lie. I just don't understand why their lies are so stupid and so easily disproven.

Last edited:

Barbara Boxer?s claim that GOP budgets hampered Benghazi security - The Washington Post

I understand why the left wing hacks lie. I just don't understand why their lies are so stupid and so easily disproven.

What lies?

Your link only backs up what the poster posted.

Do you folks even bother to read your own links?

And certainly, the Bush administration wouldn't lie to cover up potential negative press from the 911 attack ...

Feel free to read the 9/11 commission report one of these days.

What lies?

I'm glad you read the link. Now you might want to read the post.
Perhaps you also may want to scroll down once you get on the link I provided and stop when you get to the part of the article titled THE PINOCCIO TEST. It's right above the part where Boxer gets three pinoccios. I hoped this helped.

Last edited:

What lies?

Perhaps you also may want to scroll down once you get on the link I provided and stop when you get to the part of the article titled THE PINOCCIO TEST. It's right above the part where Boxer gets three pinoccios. I hoped this helped.

I basically could give a shit about the "opinion".

The fact remains that Republicans have been cutting the budget for the state department.

The other shoe in that article is that they freely admit that the CIA set up housekeeping in the consulate.

You think that's legal?

I mean in laws between nations.

Feel free to read the 9/11 commission report one of these days.

I have.

It's a farce.

And that's the part they let us read.

The redacted stuff is a bit more interesting.

What lies?

I basically could give a shit about the "opinion".

The fact remains that Republicans have been cutting the budget for the state department.

The other shoe in that article is that they freely admit that the CIA set up housekeeping in the consulate.

You think that's legal?

I mean in laws between nations.

I can see you are going to just repeat the fallacies that have already been debunked. Moving on, judging by the rest of your post, I'm assuming that you agree with me that we should have a select committee investigating all the questions surrounding the Benghazi attack. Right?

Forum List

Back