14yo shot by cops

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Police kill armed 14-year-old boy on NYC street

A rookie police officer shot and killed a 14-year-old boy on a street early Sunday after he refused to drop his gun and pointed it at them, authorities said.

Shaaliver Douse died of a single gunshot to his jaw after the confrontation in the Melrose section of the Bronx.

Two officers with the New York Police Department were on foot patrol when they heard gunfire at around 3 a.m. The officers responded to the scene and found the boy with a 9mm handgun firing shots at a fleeing man, authorities said.

The officers identified themselves as police and ordered him to drop his weapon, authorities said.

When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him, police said. Douse was pronounced dead at the scene.

The two officers had joined the department in January.

Douse had been in trouble with the law before...

The case was still open, Reed said..

douse172133-525x415.jpg

But we already know he was guilty.

Just another dead kid, right?

Besides the kid's family, I feel bad for the cops' families.

As always, a lot of lives taken and/or ruined, for nothing.

A rookie police officer shot and killed a 14-year-old boy on a street early Sunday after he refused to drop his gun and pointed it at them, authorities said.

Shaaliver Douse died of a single gunshot to his jaw after the confrontation in the Melrose section of the Bronx.

Two officers with the New York Police Department were on foot patrol when they heard gunfire at around 3 a.m. The officers responded to the scene and found the boy with a 9mm handgun firing shots at a fleeing man, authorities said.

The officers identified themselves as police and ordered him to drop his weapon, authorities said.

When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him, police said. Douse was pronounced dead at the scene.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

Armed, firing at a fleeing man, when confronted he raised the weapon towards the officers. What is your point? The kid made the decision to fire on others and then to fire on cops.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

If Barack Hussein Obama had a son, he'd look like this guy.

Do you have any idea what point you are trying to make dumbass?

He means that, even though he has no idea of the facts of that night, he has already decided the kid was in the wrong.

Typical in the New United States where people of color are guilty and never tried while white scum are always innocent, even after they murder.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

"When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him" I dont understand the problem?

He refused to drop his gun, and was firing shots at someone who was running away. The cop had every right to stop the threat, which in this case, was the boy.

Do you have any idea what point you are trying to make dumbass?

He means that, even though he has no idea of the facts of that night, he has already decided the kid was in the wrong.

Typical in the New United States where people of color are guilty and never tried while white scum are always innocent, even after they murder.

You point a gun at the cops, you die. Doesn't matter what color your skin is.

Another dead black kid for the race baiters to exploit. I see another Al Sharpton protest in our near future.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

I don't know what was going through this kid's mind, but I feel terrible for the parents and the police officer and his family. None of them will get over this night.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

I don't know what was going through this kid's mind, but I feel terrible for the parents and the police officer and his family. None of them will get over this night.

It didn't happen today. It happened in August.

There were many witnesses to this incident. This hopefully will not be a case inwhich people mistake their own speculation for the truth.

Maybe the kid had a death wish? Why else would anyone point a gun at a police officer, especially after being told to drop the gun.

This same scenario would have unfolded if this kid had pointed his gun at anyone who was carrying, not just the police officer. If anyone except law enforcement points a gun at me, I would react in the same manner that the officer did. You never wait for the other guy to fire the first shot, if you do it'll be too late.

I hope the officer gets through this ok.

I hate cops, but what the hell is a 14 year old doing with a gun and why did the pig shoot the kid in the jaw? Can't the pig aim? I feel sorry for his mother. The father, of course, is unknown.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

It didn't happen today. It happened in August.

The night could have been 20 years ago, they will never get over it, never.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

to bad so sad for him....

you point a gun at a cop you WILL get shot. It does not matter your age or color...

move along.... move along.....

douse172133-525x415.jpg

to bad so sad for him....

you point a gun at a cop you WILL get shot. It does not matter your age or color...

move along.... move along.....

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second here and then run, but police officers take on a great amount of risk voluntarily; a risk that should be benevolent toward the American citizen. I believe the muscle memory training of the average post 911 cop is more than a little bit twitchy based on the number of black people and others they kill based on this increasingly militaristic mindset. This case is not clear to me however, but I believe all cases deserve scrutiny.

Running for cover now.

Last edited:
"When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him" I dont understand the problem?

Nor do I.

His age is of no concern; the fact he had a gun pointing at the cops means a lot more.
The cops were in clear danger and shot to remove that danger.

I see no problem here.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

Unless you have a mouse in your pocket I have no idea why you said we know he was guilty, the only thing I know is that the cops shot a kid.

Forum List

Back