14yo shot by cops

Police kill armed 14-year-old boy on NYC street

A rookie police officer shot and killed a 14-year-old boy on a street early Sunday after he refused to drop his gun and pointed it at them, authorities said.

Shaaliver Douse died of a single gunshot to his jaw after the confrontation in the Melrose section of the Bronx.

Two officers with the New York Police Department were on foot patrol when they heard gunfire at around 3 a.m. The officers responded to the scene and found the boy with a 9mm handgun firing shots at a fleeing man, authorities said.

The officers identified themselves as police and ordered him to drop his weapon, authorities said.

When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him, police said. Douse was pronounced dead at the scene.

The two officers had joined the department in January.

Douse had been in trouble with the law before...

The case was still open, Reed said..
douse172133-525x415.jpg

But we already know he was guilty.

Just another dead kid, right?

Besides the kid's family, I feel bad for the cops' families.

As always, a lot of lives taken and/or ruined, for nothing.

"When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him" I dont understand the problem?

He was black, but still had a gun. Luddly thinks black people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

He refused to drop his gun, and was firing shots at someone who was running away. The cop had every right to stop the threat, which in this case, was the boy.

Exactly. A tragedy. Hard for the officers, a life ended before it had even really began.

Now, where the hell did that kid get the gun? Why is it so damned easy for the young and the stupid, to say nothing of the psycho's, to get guns in this nation? Why does the NRA oppose any effort to prevent the kids and the psycho's from getting the guns?

You point a gun at someone without legal reason, you have forfieted your right to life. But we also realize that the kid, had he lived, would have faced more severe consequences than the homeowner that blew away the drunk girl on his front porch who poised no threat to him.

douse172133-525x415.jpg

"When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him" I dont understand the problem?

He was black, but still had a gun. Luddly thinks black people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

I think that Luddly thinks that kids shouldn't be allowed to own guns when they have a record of being in trouble.

I hate cops, but what the hell is a 14 year old doing with a gun and why did the pig shoot the kid in the jaw? Can't the pig aim? I feel sorry for his mother. The father, of course, is unknown.

Please, just slip into a bucket of aids and fucking die already. Jesus Christ your monotonous.

A rookie police officer shot and killed a 14-year-old boy on a street early Sunday after he refused to drop his gun and pointed it at them, authorities said.

Shaaliver Douse died of a single gunshot to his jaw after the confrontation in the Melrose section of the Bronx.

Two officers with the New York Police Department were on foot patrol when they heard gunfire at around 3 a.m. The officers responded to the scene and found the boy with a 9mm handgun firing shots at a fleeing man, authorities said.

The officers identified themselves as police and ordered him to drop his weapon, authorities said.

When he pointed his gun at them, one of the officers shot him, police said. Douse was pronounced dead at the scene.

The two officers had joined the department in January.

Douse had been in trouble with the law before...

The case was still open, Reed said..
douse172133-525x415.jpg

Unless you have a mouse in your pocket I have no idea why you said we know he was guilty, the only thing I know is that the cops shot a kid.

They shot a kid that was shooting at other people and that pointed a gun at them. If those are the facts, they were fully justified in doing that.

I don't know what was going through this kid's mind, but I feel terrible for the parents and the police officer and his family. None of them will get over this night.

It didn't happen today. It happened in August.

The night could have been 20 years ago, they will never get over it, never.

And this is the tragedy. To some, this is political fodder. To the people involved, it is a trauma that will stay with them the rest of their lives. Questions that have no answers, pain that can never be alieviated. For the officers, for the parents.

It's a sad waste of human life and probably very difficult for the cops to deal with, killing a 14 year old kid. Nobody wins here. The kid brought up in an environment where gangs and guns are the norm. Police have no choice but to shoot down a 14 year old. It would be nice if every cop was a sharp shooter and could bring someone like this down w/o killing them.

Not many people are taking a balanced view here.
The cops were fully justified in shooting someone who pointed a gun at them.
His age, skin colour or gender had nothing to do with anything.

The cop who shot him has to live with this as well.

I just love a story with a happy ending.

The kid pointed a gun at the police. He got what he apparently wanted. If he thought the police would be too intimidated by being called racists for drilling him, that was wrong.

Where people live in poverty and ghettos, anywhere in the world, life is cheap. The cops don't have a choice but to shoot someone who points a gun at them, and they really can't hesitate either. It's just a sad case. The kid was raised in an environment where too many boys make the choice of getting involved in gangs and to have guns. It has to do with the environment they grow up in, for the most part, although there are also boys who escape that lifestyle choice. May depend on many factors, including family and personal character. But, it's a sad thing, a tragedy. All around. I don't understand why the police don't move in and try to clean out all those guns the teenage gangs have.

I hate cops, but what the hell is a 14 year old doing with a gun and why did the pig shoot the kid in the jaw? Can't the pig aim? I feel sorry for his mother. The father, of course, is unknown.

No one is as good in real life shooting situations as in the video games. Running, adrenaline dump, elevated heart rate, breathing and blood pressure. I can bet you almost anything the officer was aiming for a center mass hit. The kid could have moved into the bullet's path. In any event the shot was the best the officer could do.

And the father's absence is in part due to Progressive social policies.

And anyone who calls the dedicated men and women of law enforcement a "pig" must be looking in a mirror.

If you ever get robbed or burgled I hope the cops know you hate them, in general, before they leave your premises.

No one is as good in real life shooting situations as in the video games. Running, adrenaline dump, elevated heart rate, breathing and blood pressure. I can bet you almost anything the officer was aiming for a center mass hit. The kid could have moved into the bullet's path. In any event the shot was the best the officer could do.

And anyone who calls the dedicated men and women of law enforcement a "pig" must be looking in a mirror.

If you ever get robbed or burgled I hope the cops know you hate them, in general, before they leave your premises.

Dan Quayle was right about fathers!

Dan Quayle was right about fathers!

What?

That they are Mother F'ers?

douse172133-525x415.jpg

Unless you have a mouse in your pocket I have no idea why you said we know he was guilty, the only thing I know is that the cops shot a kid.

They shot a kid that was shooting at other people and that pointed a gun at them. If those are the facts, they were fully justified in doing that.

Funny, I watched the video, and the cops say they have no idea who he was shooting at. My guess is the shot they heard wasn't real either, but that isn't going to stop the cops from giving those rookies a medal.

It's New York so no they can't. Either way it was a win.

The kid pointed a gun at the police. He got what he apparently wanted. If he thought the police would be too intimidated by being called racists for drilling him, that was wrong.

This didn't have a happy ending. A child was killed, and that is tragic, no matter the reason for him holding a loaded gun. I feel for the kids parents, and the cop who felt he had no choice but to shoot.

This didn't have a happy ending. A child was killed, and that is tragic, no matter the reason for him holding a loaded gun. I feel for the kids parents, and the cop who felt he had no choice but to shoot.
It's sad that the black community continues to crank out fatherless children who end up being violent thugs, but on the positive side, there's one less violent thug for society to have to deal with. Overall, this is a plus.

Please, just slip into a bucket of aids and fucking die already. Jesus Christ your monotonous.

Please run into a street with a gun and start shouting at white people. You'll get the exact response you expect you pathetic race trolling, yellow striped, black coward. Hell, I was on the kids side but I guess it's never good enough for you people, LOL.

Forum List

Back