$15 minimum wage would destroy 1.4 Million jobs

Meh - Biden's plan is a slow PHASE-IN. It would destroy nothing and cost very little. Had the minimum wage kept up with inflation, it would be $24 and hour at present. Try supporting a family as a single parent (let alone yourself) on $7.25 an hour (15 grand a year) and let us know how that goes.

So any job that won't "support a family" should be outlawed? Why?

No one has suggested that...

Meh - Biden's plan is a slow PHASE-IN. It would destroy nothing and cost very little. Had the minimum wage kept up with inflation, it would be $24 and hour at present. Try supporting a family as a single parent (let alone yourself) on $7.25 an hour (15 grand a year) and let us know how that goes.

Nope, these are essential workers for the most part. None of us could live well without them.

Had the minimum wage kept up with inflation, it would be $24 and hour at present.

LOL!

You really don't know how to calculate inflation.

The government can't force me to take labor that's more costly than value added.
You only need to try to maximize your profit regardless of costs.

If I could raise the price with no ill-effect, I would have done so already.

So how much should wages be for someone who adds $10/hour of value?

Show your calculations.
Show your calculations on how you arrived at the value they add.

Show your calculations on how you arrived at the value they add.

If you take $9 worth of materials and depreciation and turn it into a $20 product, you added
$11 in value. If it took you one hour to do it, what should your hourly wage be?

You have no control over any form of inflation.

Don't be stupid, I never claimed I did. Ever.
It also depends on the increase in productivity. You could increase the amount of product to reduce the price yet still pay labor more for that added value from productivity.

It also depends on the increase in productivity.

We're looking at productivity in this instant.

If you take $9 worth of materials and depreciation and turn it into a $20 product, you added
$11 in value. If it took you one hour to do it, what should your hourly wage be?
If your nine dollar for materials yesterday costs ten dollars today, what is the value of the material today?

If your nine dollar for materials yesterday costs ten dollars today,

My question was yesterday.

Why are you afraid to answer?

Had the minimum wage kept up with inflation, it would be $24 and hour at present.

LOL!

Incorrect Gomer :)

LOL!

Productivity?

You know that's not the same thing as inflation, right?

Damn......you dumb.

LOL!

LMFAO so did the employees buy the technology that made their productivity go up?

No one has suggested that...

Isn't that exactly what they're suggesting? How is it not?

Nope, these are essential workers for the most part. None of us could live well without them.

If you establish a minimum wage that will support a family, then you're saying all jobs that pay less than that are illegal, right? How are you not?

If you establish a minimum wage that will support a family, then you're saying all jobs that pay less than that are illegal, right? How are you not?

I'm saying nothing of the sort. I'm saying that the last minimum wage increase to $7.25 occurred in 2009. Ya figure we're about due for at least 12 bucks?

I'm saying nothing of the sort. I'm saying that the last minimum wage increase to $7.25 occurred in 2009. Ya figure we're about due for at least 12 bucks?

Hmmm.... it seems like you're lying. But maybe you just don't understand reality.

If we have a national minimum wage, that makes jobs that pay less illegal. That's the fucking point of the law.

It's funny that's you are trying to deny that. Do you not understand how the law works?

Hmmm.... it seems like you're lying. But maybe you just don't understand reality.

If we have a national minimum wage, that makes jobs that pay less illegal. That's the fucking point of the law.

It's funny that's you are trying to deny that. Do you not understand how the law works?

Yes, I'm saying that anything less than 12 bucks should be illegal. Remember too that the Biden plan is INCREMENTAL and not a sudden deal. A buck a year for the next 5 years seems pretty reasonable. Would you disagree?

Why, the states have been raising it on their own

Yes, I'm saying that anything less than 12 bucks should be illegal.
Ok, so now you're not denying it. What changed?
Remember too that the Biden plan is INCREMENTAL and not a sudden deal.
Sure, because he knows that doing it all at once would fuck up the economy all at once. If they do it a little at a time, it's easier to hide the damage.
A buck a year for the next 5 years seems pretty reasonable. Would you disagree?

Nothing about minimum wage laws is "reasonable". They are delusional pablum at best. At worst, they're an inroad to broader wage and price controls.

Last edited:

Yes, I'm saying that anything less than 12 bucks should be illegal. Remember too that the Biden plan is INCREMENTAL and not a sudden deal. A buck a year for the next 5 years seems pretty reasonable. Would you disagree?
Why should it be illegal? Why can't I work for $3 bucks an hour if I so choose ?

Based on inflation since 2009, we're due for about $8.85

Why should it be illegal? Why can't I work for $3 bucks an hour if I so choose ?

Because the law says that no employer is permitted to pay you that...

Because the law says that no employer is permitted to pay you that...

Are you just playing dumb? Or are you really too fucking stupid to realize that he was asking for the justification for the law? Why should it be illegal?

Based on inflation since 2009, we're due for about $8.85

Did you just yank that outta yer ass? Cool!
Total Inflation (2009-2021)23.9%

Forum List

Back