$15 per hour picketers not getting much support

The author has a father he looks up to and admires, who taught him good values. That's why he didn't grow up to be a useless sponge off the taxpayers.

$15 an hour is awesome. I remember when I was flipping eggs and burgers and thinking I was on the gravy train for $6/hr. in the late 70's and early 80's.

If they get $15 hour for fast food, I just wonder if they will be able to get our order correct, or just the same work ethics just slap it together and throw it in the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Service at most fast food places suck (except for Chick fil A). That $15 will be passed onto me the customer and I will still get shitty service. No thanks.

Nor should they get support. They're morons.

They are morons, but they have in fact forced wages up , McDonalds, and others, have raised wages some at least in direct response to these kids.

It wasn't too long ago that these places started at EXACTLY the minimum wage, but now they , at least in the areas I've traveled to since this movement started (about 8 states) are now at least $1 an hour above minimum wage for new hires.

They are morons, but they have in fact forced wages up , McDonalds, and others, have raised wages some at least in direct response to these kids.

It wasn't too long ago that these places started at EXACTLY the minimum wage, but now they , at least in the areas I've traveled to since this movement started (about 8 states) are now at least $1 an hour above minimum wage for new hires.

What are you a roving reporter or a perv? Who the hell ask kids how much they make?

What are you a roving reporter or a perv? Who the hell ask kids how much they make?

LOL THey have big signs up that say "now hiring $9 an hour)

13094205_1016071041761263_8781209526141740154_n.jpg

Been to a Drive-Through lately? Takes about 15 minutes just to get your order correct. I have to ask about 18 times, "What was that?" or "I missed what you said!!". It gets stoopid after awhile. And the order-taker starts getting pissed AT YOU!!!:eek-52::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Been to a Drive-Through lately? Takes about 15 minutes just to get your order correct. I have to ask about 18 times, "What was that?" or "I missed what you said!!". It gets stoopid after awhile. And the order-taker starts getting pissed AT YOU!!!:eek-52::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
I was at Burger last Tuesday night, the kid behind the counter didn't even know the buttons on the register. You'd think the minimum amount of skill was to at least know the keys on the machine and how to take an order. Two others had to help the kid out. It was just my wife and I. Two burgers and fries. Wanted em cut in half. Holy crap. Train them at least. WTF.

I was at Burger last Tuesday night, the kid behind the counter didn't even know the buttons on the register. You'd think the minimum amount of skill was to at least know the keys on the machine and how to take an order. Two others had to help the kid out. It was just my wife and I. Two burgers and fries. Wanted em cut in half. Holy crap. Train them at least. WTF.

If those companies had to pay more they would certainly expect more for their money. They don't though, so they don't. They can offer pittance wages for pittance work and let the taxpayer finish supporting the employee.

These kind of high minimum wages will screw the people that have been in the workforce for years and who earn $20-$30 an hour, unless of course they also receive large raises.
Otherwise, the inflation caused by these minimum wage increases will really hurt those workers if they are not equally raised.

Forum List

Back