15 year old points BB gun at San Diego police officer, gets shot & killed after refusing to drop it

I'm guessing not many here have seen cops beat someone unnecessarily. I have.

They're not always"good guys".

Many are, don't get me wrong. Also I respect the fact that they usually deal with the dregs of society all the time.

Right is right and wrong is wrong. Doesn't matter what the law is.

did he really have to shoot to KILL the boy with the BB gun? REALLY??

You never shoot to wound. If you need to use the gun its a terminal situation.

Where did you get your training at? Me? I was trained for Security Forces while I was stationed at the War College in Newport RI.

When we were going through weapons training, the Gunny who taught the course said that we don't do kill shots, we shoot for dead center mass because that is the largest area, and the best chance for hitting our target. He never said shoot to kill, he said to aim for dead center mass.

It's just unfortunate that's where all the vital organs are.

And, another thing we were taught is that lethal force is the last resort. Also, we were taught how to identify threats, and I would like to think that if I was in a similar situation, I would be able to differentiate between a BB gun and a real one.

That's ridiculous, I would have said: "Go ahead" and let him shoot me with it, then tazed and cuffed and stuffed him.

Then again, I can tell the difference in guns by eyesight.

A while back, one of the nutters said he could tell a toy from the real thing so I posted pics of two of my hand guns - one is a toy gun.

Not one of the so-called gun pros even tied to identify the toy.

You can't expect the cops to take a hit on the chance that its not a real gun.

Try me, statist.

Took a while to find the photo but here ya go -

Well crud- the app won't let me post anything but a new photo. I'll download to my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That's ridiculous, I would have said: "Go ahead" and let him shoot me with it, then tazed and cuffed and stuffed him.

A while back, one of the nutters said he could tell a toy from the real thing so I posted pics of two of my hand guns - one is a toy gun.

Not one of the so-called gun pros even tied to identify the toy.

You can't expect the cops to take a hit on the chance that its not a real gun.

Try me, statist.

Took a while to find the photo but here ya go -

Well crud- the app won't let me post anything but a new photo. I'll download to my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I see nothing.

did he really have to shoot to KILL the boy with the BB gun? REALLY??

You never shoot to wound. If you need to use the gun its a terminal situation.

Where did you get your training at? Me? I was trained for Security Forces while I was stationed at the War College in Newport RI.

When we were going through weapons training, the Gunny who taught the course said that we don't do kill shots, we shoot for dead center mass because that is the largest area, and the best chance for hitting our target. He never said shoot to kill, he said to aim for dead center mass.

It's just unfortunate that's where all the vital organs are.

And, another thing we were taught is that lethal force is the last resort. Also, we were taught how to identify threats, and I would like to think that if I was in a similar situation, I would be able to differentiate between a BB gun and a real one.

Are you willing to get your life on that, because that is exactly what you would be doing!

Good luck with that!

Sorry but you poubt somethibg at a cop, you need to die. I don't care if its a purple water gun in broad daylight. Point it at a cop, you need to leave the scene in a plastic bag.

Really? :uhh: So a 3-year old points a cap gun at a cop and deserves to die? A red water gun?

When did this lunar way of thinking come about?
since when does an airsoft gun look like a red water gun?

which one of these is the "real" gun and remember you're at least 20 feet away and have about 2 seconds to decide

sig-sauer-p226-air-pistol-black-29.gif

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

Sorry but you poubt somethibg at a cop, you need to die. I don't care if its a purple water gun in broad daylight. Point it at a cop, you need to leave the scene in a plastic bag.

Really? :uhh: So a 3-year old points a cap gun at a cop and deserves to die? A red water gun?

which one of these is the "real" gun and remember you're at least 20 feet away and have about 2 seconds to decide

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

Top one is the toy. How do I know? Because the barrel has a nipple pointing out of it on the BB gun.

The real one doesn't have a nipple on it, and is flat faced on the barrel.

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

Top one is the toy. How do I know? Because the barrel has a nipple pointing out of it on the BB gun.

nope it's the bottom one

V
Sig Sauer P226 Navy Version Airsoft Pistol | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

nope it's the bottom one

V
Sig Sauer P226 Navy Version Airsoft Pistol | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!

my bad those were both air guns

this is the real deal still tough to tell

P226DASA-L_Left_withPath.jpg

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

So you are going to base your decision on that in about a couple thousandths of a second as he points it at you? If you are wrong, you will already be dead!

No wonder they made you a titless WAVE. I don't know whatever possessed anyone to trust you with anything more hazardous than a 3-hole punch!

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

nope it's the bottom one

V
regardless...they ARE different and law enforcement should b taught and know the difference, no?

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

and handgun that accepts a suppressor will have the protrusion on the end of the barrel

Forum List

Back