15 year old points BB gun at San Diego police officer, gets shot & killed after refusing to drop it

Sorry but you poubt somethibg at a cop, you need to die. I don't care if its a purple water gun in broad daylight. Point it at a cop, you need to leave the scene in a plastic bag.

Really? :uhh: So a 3-year old points a cap gun at a cop and deserves to die? A red water gun?

When did this lunar way of thinking come about?
since when does an airsoft gun look like a red water gun?

which one of these is the "real" gun and remember you're at least 20 feet away and have about 2 seconds to decide

sig-sauer-p226-air-pistol-black-29.gif

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

Top one is the toy. How do I know? Because the barrel has a nipple pointing out of it on the BB gun.

The real one doesn't have a nipple on it, and is flat faced on the barrel.
nope it's the bottom one

V
Sig Sauer P226 Navy Version Airsoft Pistol | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!
regardless...they ARE different and law enforcement should b taught and know the difference, no?

it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell at a distance

Sorry but you poubt somethibg at a cop, you need to die. I don't care if its a purple water gun in broad daylight. Point it at a cop, you need to leave the scene in a plastic bag.

Really? :uhh: So a 3-year old points a cap gun at a cop and deserves to die? A red water gun?

which one of these is the "real" gun and remember you're at least 20 feet away and have about 2 seconds to decide

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

Top one is the toy. How do I know? Because the barrel has a nipple pointing out of it on the BB gun.

nope it's the bottom one

V
Sig Sauer P226 Navy Version Airsoft Pistol | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!
regardless...they ARE different and law enforcement should b taught and know the difference, no?

No.

Don't point one at a cop without the expectation to be ventilated.

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

nope it's the bottom one

V
I got an idea, how 'bout they stop manufacturing bb guns that look like real handguns? WTF?

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

nope it's the bottom one

V
No one can make that decision in the dark in a couple seconds.

That's ridiculous, I would have said: "Go ahead" and let him shoot me with it, then tazed and cuffed and stuffed him.

Then again, I can tell the difference in guns by eyesight.

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

The one on the bottom is a real gun. Not hard to tell the difference between a .177 size hole and a .30-ish hole.

did he really have to shoot to KILL the boy with the BB gun? REALLY??

You never shoot to wound. If you need to use the gun its a terminal situation.

Where did you get your training at? Me? I was trained for Security Forces while I was stationed at the War College in Newport RI.

When we were going through weapons training, the Gunny who taught the course said that we don't do kill shots, we shoot for dead center mass because that is the largest area, and the best chance for hitting our target. He never said shoot to kill, he said to aim for dead center mass.

It's just unfortunate that's where all the vital organs are.

And, another thing we were taught is that lethal force is the last resort. Also, we were taught how to identify threats, and I would like to think that if I was in a similar situation, I would be able to differentiate between a BB gun and a real one.

Exactly ... except for being able to tell the difference.

Its dark, adrenaline pumping, don't remember how far away the kid was but I can't imagine being able to tell the difference under those circumstances.

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

nope it's the bottom one

V
I got an idea, how 'bout they stop manufacturing bb guns that look like real handguns? WTF?

Hush your mouth! :p

That's ridiculous, I would have said: "Go ahead" and let him shoot me with it, then tazed and cuffed and stuffed him.

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

The one on the bottom is a real gun. Not hard to tell the difference between a .177 size hole and a .30-ish hole.
actually those were both air soft pistols

I copied one of them incorrectly

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

nope it's the bottom one

V

Right. Everything should be sugar-sweet 24-7. Even in the dark near 3:30AM, from how far away? You only get to be wrong once. Then you could get shot in the head or neck.

Maybe they could have stayed in the Car or behind the doors and waited the punk out? How long? 2 hours? Nothing is ever for certain I would suspect........except uncertainty. I am not a Police Officer. How about if you were getting robbed or murdered, and these two Cops were nearby but stuck waiting on this "shooter"? what would you say then?

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

and handgun that accepts a suppressor will have the protrusion on the end of the barrel

A handgun with a silencer on it will be very apparent. The silencer is generally half again the length of the barrel.

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

actually those were both air soft pistols

I copied one of them incorrectly

No, you did this:

woman-faceplant-gif.gif

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

nope it's the bottom one

V

Right. Everything should be sugar-sweet 24-7. Even in the dark near 3:30AM, from how far away? You only get to be wrong once. Then you could get shot in the head or neck.

Maybe they could have stayed in the Car or behind the doors and waited the punk out? How long? 2 hours? Nothing is ever for certain I would suspect........except uncertainty. I am not a Police Officer. How about if you were getting robbed or murdered, and these two Cops were nearby but stuck waiting on this "shooter"? what would you say then?

Supersize strawman is now officially constructed!

You going to try to knock it down? or burn it in effigy?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back