15 year old points BB gun at San Diego police officer, gets shot & killed after refusing to drop it

Really? :uhh: So a 3-year old points a cap gun at a cop and deserves to die? A red water gun?

When did this lunar way of thinking come about?
since when does an airsoft gun look like a red water gun?

which one of these is the "real" gun and remember you're at least 20 feet away and have about 2 seconds to decide

sig-sauer-p226-air-pistol-black-29.gif

A21-PS5390.jpg
A

Top one is the toy. How do I know? Because the barrel has a nipple pointing out of it on the BB gun.

The real one doesn't have a nipple on it, and is flat faced on the barrel.
nope it's the bottom one

V
Sig Sauer P226 Navy Version Airsoft Pistol | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!
regardless...they ARE different and law enforcement should b taught and know the difference, no?

regardless...they ARE different and law enforcement should b taught and know the difference, no?

Right. Everything should be sugar-sweet 24-7. Even in the dark near 3:30AM, from how far away? You only get to be wrong once. Then you could get shot in the head or neck.

Maybe they could have stayed in the Car or behind the doors and waited the punk out? How long? 2 hours? Nothing is ever for certain I would suspect........except uncertainty. I am not a Police Officer. How about if you were getting robbed or murdered, and these two Cops were nearby but stuck waiting on this "shooter"? what would you say then?

When you only have seconds, the police are minutes away.

What a shame. The problem is that even a very young child has no problem getting guns. That's what the nutters want and its sure as hell what the NRA wants for their employers want.
Idiot. The NRA is a Gun SAFETY organization.

I'm old enough to member when they were and was a member for years. Now they'ree just a lobbyist group employed by the gun makers.

I got an idea, how 'bout they stop manufacturing bb guns that look like real handguns? WTF?
How about we bring back gun classes in school and teach our "children" a little respect for guns and cops?

I grew up in rural areas in Montana and Colorado. Gun safety courses were never part of the regular school studies as far as I can remember. And I graduated in '82.

Where did you grow up where gun safety was taught in school?

If there was a gun safety course given at the school, it was after hours, you had to sign up for it, and it was taught by an outside organization, not the school.

Don't mess with the cops of New Detroit!

No. I prefer simple, basic technology, like the patrol officer and his service weapon.

What needs to change is this idea that officers and departments should be liable for these incidents and/or other incidents where officers have ANY reason to believe they are endangered.

I got an idea, how 'bout they stop manufacturing bb guns that look like real handguns? WTF?
How about we bring back gun classes in school and teach our "children" a little respect for guns and cops?

I grew up in rural areas in Montana and Colorado. Gun safety courses were never part of the regular school studies as far as I can remember. And I graduated in '82.

Where did you grow up where gun safety was taught in school?

If there was a gun safety course given at the school, it was after hours, you had to sign up for it, and it was taught by an outside organization, not the school.

Yikes. I graduated HS in '65. No, gun safety was never taught in the rural schools I attended in CO either.

You're right that he may be thinking of non-school related, after school programs.

Okay, here ya go ... Which is the toy?View attachment 125377

Top one. It's a Marksman spring-powered bb pistol. Crappiest one made ever! You pull the back thing back to cock it.

Anybody else wanna vote?

Agree or disagree with the John Wayne wannbe?

(BTW, Wayne beat his wives and kids and was a nasty drunk. Who would want to be like him? Besides Anathema that is.)

Don't cry, you know I'm spot on!

Bottom is a .32 revolver, I'm pretty sure.

They used to teach marksmanship and gun safety at The Boys & Girls clubs of America, also the Boy Scouts of America.

Top one. It's a Marksman spring-powered bb pistol. Crappiest one made ever! You pull the back thing back to cock it.

Anybody else wanna vote?

(BTW, Wayne beat his wives and kids and was a nasty drunk. Who would want to be like him? Besides Anathema that is.)

Not crying and

not saying you are either right or wrong.

Its just that last time, coward 2aguy first said he could tell any gun from a toy but then wimped out when I posted this. I'm wondering if any other nutters want to chime in but it looks like you're the only one.

Anybody else wanna vote?

Not crying and

not saying you are either right or wrong.

Its just that last time, coward 2aguy first said he could tell any gun from a toy but then wimped out when I posted this. I'm wondering if any other nutters want to chime in but it looks like you're the only one.

u_mad__by_gnuenguemo-d3h620v.jpg

Forum List

Back