1500 Miles Of Freezing Cold Temperatures!

^^ See what I mean, IanC ? Exactly what I'm talking about. A concerted effort to shut down the dialogue.

Surely you're not trying to convince me that the skeptical side in this argument are the ones trying to close down the debate?

I don't know about "convincing" anyone of anything around here. I simply pointed to an example of the absolutism I was talking about.

I have repeatedly tried to civilly discuss the evidence on many occasions only to have the warmists side shut me down with insults and deflection.

Those would be fallacies too. But I'm talking about absolutism. By which I mean "here's what I believe, and that's the final word and that's all there is to it, now shut up and furthermore :lalala: "

That said, I think many or most come here for the sandbox insults and banter, and I wouldn't want to deny them of their fun.

I think so too. But it doesn't resolve anything.

That DEFINES the AGW supporters to a "T". Thank you for making that so crystal clear!

Whatever that's supposed to mean... :dunno:

Come up with anything from that thread months ago where you made up shit that I said and then couldn't find it?

45.gif

Should I, what, check back in another year?

See what I mean IanC ? Ya can't dialogue with these types.

It's easy to point fingers at transgressions. Can you point me to some of your posts where you building a case to support a position? I have no background on you to judge your style or put things into context.

I don't have a "position" -- in that, as noted both here and in that thread linked above I don't think we have the perspective to speak in absolutes and it would be arrogant to do so. And as you see from the reference above, not only do the absolutists think they have all the answers, they misrepresent other people's positions to prop up their own arrogance.

However I most definitely do have a position on creepoids who can only argue from blanket generalizations based on strawmen. You can probably guess what it is.

Surely you're not trying to convince me that the skeptical side in this argument are the ones trying to close down the debate?

I don't know about "convincing" anyone of anything around here. I simply pointed to an example of the absolutism I was talking about.

I have repeatedly tried to civilly discuss the evidence on many occasions only to have the warmists side shut me down with insults and deflection.

Those would be fallacies too. But I'm talking about absolutism. By which I mean "here's what I believe, and that's the final word and that's all there is to it, now shut up and furthermore :lalala: "

That said, I think many or most come here for the sandbox insults and banter, and I wouldn't want to deny them of their fun.

I think so too. But it doesn't resolve anything.

That DEFINES the AGW supporters to a "T". Thank you for making that so crystal clear!

Whatever that's supposed to mean... :dunno:

Come up with anything from that thread months ago where you made up shit that I said and then couldn't find it?

45.gif

Should I, what, check back in another year?

See what I mean IanC ? Ya can't dialogue with these types.

"THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED", sounds pretty absolute to me. How about you?

And the link to where I've ever said anything remotely resembling that is ..... where again?

impatient.gif

Should I check back in -- what, ten years?

I wasn't specifically referring to you. However, that IS the position of the AGW supporting "intelligencia".

AGW supporting "intelligencia"?

Well, that is only every Scientfic Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world. Of course, we all realize that these millions of scientists from all the differant nations and cultures in the world are in on a huge secret conspiracy to provide fraudulent evidence, and that only people like Walleyes are clear eyed enough to save us all from the horrid international, interracial, and multiculteral conspiracy.

Well, that is only every Scientfic Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world. Of course, we all realize that these millions of scientists from all the differant nations and cultures in the world are in on a huge secret conspiracy to provide fraudulent evidence, and that only people like Walleyes are clear eyed enough to save us all from the horrid international, interracial, and multiculteral conspiracy.

What say you Pogo?

Correct. Inflexible, denying reality, refusing to discuss scientific matters, in other words acting in every way like religious fanatics and in no way at all like a scientific body who's first directive is to QUESTION AUTHORITY!

I heard on the Weather Channel last night that new records for snowfall are being set all over Scandinavia and Japan. Meanwhile 10"-14" of rain was predicted for California today. How do you ridiculous warmies keep a straight face when chortling your doom & gloom? They made the point on CNN's weather forecast that no professional meteorologist would attach his name to any forecast more than 72 hours out. CNN?? I almost fell off my chair. And you idiots know what's going to happen 10 or even 100 years from now, don't you?

Here's a thought on forces influential regarding our planet's weather: Our star's 11-year cycles of sun spot activity and flaring. Nothing affects our weather more than our star.

Last edited:
Yep as the sun becomes brighter and hotter, the AGW cult will still use their religion and say the sun got brighter and hotter because of Climate Change..

What causes "climate change"? Our elliptical orbit around our star and our planet's tilt on its own axis, plus the relative distance our planet is from our star at any given time during its 365 day orbit around that star. What the hell is that racket? There's a group of lunatics walking up my driveway carrying pitchforks and torches! They're screaming "Kill the deniers!" You'll have to excuse me. Time to go load my arsenal. Thank God for the Second Amendment. Later.

I hear its real cold up in Detroit today. Don't remember the IPCC predicting this. Damn Scientists are frauds.

Detroit Michigan 48201 Conditions Forecast Weather Underground
Thursday02/1218 | -5 °F
partlycloudy.svg
Thursday 20% Precip. / 0 in
Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 18F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph.

nt_clear.svg
Thursday Night 0% Precip. / 0 in
Mostly clear. Low around -5F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

I heard on the Weather Channel last night that new records for snowfall are being set all over Scandinavia and Japan. Meanwhile 10"-14" of rain was predicted for California today. How do you ridiculous warmies keep a straight face when chortling your doom & gloom? They made the point on CNN's weather forecast that no professional meteorologist would attach his name to any forecast more than 72 hours out. CNN?? I almost fell off my chair. And you idiots know what's going to happen 10 or even 100 years from now, don't you?

Here's a thought on forces influential regarding our planet's weather: Our star's 11-year cycles of sun spot activity and flaring. Nothing affects our weather more than our star.

You're suggesting weather is affected by ...... sunspots?

:popcorn:

I hear its real cold up in Detroit today. Don't remember the IPCC predicting this. Damn Scientists are frauds.

Detroit Michigan 48201 Conditions Forecast Weather Underground
Thursday02/1218 | -5 °F
partlycloudy.svg
Thursday 20% Precip. / 0 in
Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 18F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph.

nt_clear.svg
Thursday Night 0% Precip. / 0 in
Mostly clear. Low around -5F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

IPCC is supposed to predict weather?
In Detroit?

Damn this place is edumactional.

What say you Pogo?

confused.gif

About what?

Anchorage Alaska, 19.4'' inches of snow
Boston Massachusetts, 84'' of snow

Where I live in Maine we are over 94'' of snow, and most of it has been the past 30 days!

Something is messed up when Anchorage has only 19 inches and we are swimming in it, Mother Nature deserves a good spanking! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anchorage Alaska, 19.4'' inches of snow
Boston Massachusetts, 84'' of snow

Where I live in Maine we are over 94'' of snow, and most of it has been the past 30 days!

Something is messed up when Anchorage has only 19 inches and we are swimming in it, Mother Nature deserves a good spanking! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And we haven't seen a good snowfall here in three years. Just rain.
They'll predict some, and then as the day gets nearer it inevitably degrades to rain or to nothing. Already the 2-day snow even that was supposed to happen mid-week is cancelled. I think the patterns change too quickly for the standard meteorological models to keep up with. Definitely been abnormal.

And then this past summer -- never really showed up.

In Detroit?

Yep, its a huge Science news flash, weather is the climate. I guess the IPCC and all you folks don't use stuff like the weather, when you figure Science and tell us what the, "climate", will be like in the future.

Tell us Tree Ring Reader, is it going to snow the next week or do you need to look into your Magic Ice Core?

And we haven't seen a good snowfall here in three years. Just rain.
They'll predict some, and then as the day gets nearer it inevitably degrades to rain or to nothing. Already the 2-day snow even that was supposed to happen mid-week is cancelled. I think the patterns change too quickly for the standard meteorological models to keep up with. Definitely been abnormal.

And then this past summer -- never really showed up.
Yep, standard models won't do it this year. Tree rings just ain't keeping up.

In Detroit?

Yep, its a huge Science news flash, weather is the climate. I guess the IPCC and all you folks don't use stuff like the weather, when you figure Science and tell us what the, "climate", will be like in the future.

Tell us Tree Ring Reader, is it going to snow the next week or do you need to look into your Magic Ice Core?

No, "climate" is not "weather". No wonder you're this degree of confuserated.

This is like comparing a multi-volume Encyclopedia Brittanica of the entire history of human civilization to yesterday's Kansas City Star.

No, "climate" is not "weather". No wonder you're this degree of confuserated.

This is like comparing a multi-volume Encyclopedia Brittanica of the entire history of human civilization to yesterday's Kansas City Star.
But weather is climate? Magic you say? Look into your magic ice core sample or maybe read the tree rings and tell us if it will be rainy in 200 years.

Forum List

Back