151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

3a44195r.jpg

Note the scumbag in the upper right-hand corner.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles."
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

"I do but quote from one of those speeches when I declare that "I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."
--Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861.

“I would save the Union. … If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it. … What I do about Slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save this Union.”
--Lincoln's response to Horace Greeley, 1862.

"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality ... I will add to this that I have never seen, to my knowledge, a man, woman, or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men."
--Lincoln in debate with Douglas September 18, 1858, Charleston, Illinois

Last edited:
"The Confederacy, by contrast, is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race is his natural and moral condition."
Alexander H. Stephens, vice president of the Confederacy, South Carolina, 1861

3a44195r.jpg

Note that the wording beyond proper names is illegible. Note also that since the proper name to which the poster points was neither a "leader of the Democratic Party" nor a "founder of the Ku Klux Klan" this pointing is entirely irrelevant here.

Finally note the poster's congenital inability to articulate a point, let alone any kind of communication beyond short grunts and owl noises.

Who knew that Jefferson Davis was such a douche. I mean, I knew he was, but never this bad.

[The] servile instincts [of slaves] rendered them contented with their lot, and their patient toil blessed the land of their abode with unmeasured riches. Their strong local and personal attachment secured faithful service ... never was there happier dependence of labor and capital on each other. The tempter came, like the serpent of Eden, and decoyed them with the magic word of 'freedom' ... He put arms in their hands, and trained their humble but emotional natures to deeds of violence and bloodshed, and sent them out to devastate their benefactors. ”
— Confederate President Jefferson Davis

3a44195r.jpg

Note that the wording beyond proper names is illegible.

Note also that since the proper name to which the poster points was neither a "leader of the Democratic Party" nor a "founder of the Ku Klux Klan" this pointing is entirely irrelevant here.

Finally note the poster's congenital inability to articulate a point, let alone any kind of communication beyond short grunts and owl noises.

Library of Congress, ignorant bitch.

See what I mean? Not only does this post completely fail to address the points it carefully excised as inconvenient --- which I restored --- it doesn't even feature so much as a verb.

3a44195r.jpg

Note also that since the proper name to which the poster points was neither a "leader of the Democratic Party" nor a "founder of the Ku Klux Klan" this pointing is entirely irrelevant here.

See what I mean? Not only does this post completely fail to address the points it carefully excised as inconvenient --- which I restored --- it doesn't even feature so much as a verb.

Yes, everyone sees that you are an ignorant little bitch. The primary source I provided can be found there if the dopey dilettante wants to learn something.

Actually what "everyone sees" is that you keep deleting those parts of the posts that specifically take you to task for your abject FAILURE to make a coherent point. The older one you deleted twice. It's back in highlighted letters. And every time you pull that adolescent stunt it's going to not only come back -- it's going to get bigger, thus calling all the more attention to your pathetic pissantery that can't handle a point.

Wimp.

Actually [sic] what "everyone sees" is that you keep deleting those parts of the posts that specifically take you to task for your abject FAILURE to make a coherent point. The older one you deleted twice. It's back in highlighted letters. And every time you pull that adolescent stunt it's going to not only come back -- it's going to get bigger, thus calling all the more attention to your pathetic pissantery [sic] that can't handle a point.....

Actually, what everyone should see is that I am responding to only those parts of a post relevant to the point I am making (and the point you are missing). That way, we avoid the annoying and pointlessly wasteful, interminable towers of quotations.

3a44195r.jpg

Yes, everyone sees that you are an ignorant little bitch. The primary source I provided can be found there if the dopey dilettante wants to learn something.

Actually what "everyone sees" is that you keep deleting those parts of the posts that specifically take you to task for your abject FAILURE to make a coherent point. The older one you deleted twice. It's back in highlighted letters. And every time you pull that adolescent stunt it's going to not only come back -- it's going to get bigger, thus calling all the more attention to your pathetic pissantery that can't handle a point.

Wimp.

Actually, what everyone should see is that I am responding to only those parts of a post relevant to the point I am making (and the point you are missing). That way, we avoid the annoying and pointlessly wasteful, interminable towers of quotations.

Apparently not troll-boi, since you completely FAILED to address the point put to you, to wit:

There exists no set of circumstances under which that's going away Wimpleburger. :gay:

Go hide in the sand and pretend it's not there all you want. It's following you like flies on dripping poo.

Wimp.

Apparently not troll-boi [sic], since you completely FAILED to address the point put to you....

I most certainly did not. By kindly providing you with a source for the historical evidence in question, I gave you all the direction you should have needed if you were really interested in examining it further. If you are too lazy to address your ignorance, that's your failing.

Wimp.

Apparently not troll-boi, since you completely FAILED to address the point put to you, to wit:

There exists no set of circumstances under which that's going away Wimpleburger. :gay:

Go hide in the sand and pretend it's not there all you want. It's following you like flies on dripping poo.

Wimp.

I most certainly did not. By kindly providing you with a source for the historical evidence in question, I gave you all the direction you should have needed if you were really interested in examining it further. If you are too lazy to address your ignorance, that's your failing.

Fraid not, Wimp-boi. **YOU** failed to justify your own post 841 here.

Not anyone else --- **YOU**. And that's because you're a worthless pissant who can't man up to admit he had no point to start with.

Wimp.

Fraid [sic] not, Wimp-boi [sic]. **YOU** failed to justify your own post ....

It's not a matter of justification. You lack knowledge and understanding of the historical period in question, so I provided you a source to help you fill in the gaps in your education. No need to get upset about it.

"During Radical Reconstruction, the Klan sought to eliminate the Republican Party in the South by intimidating Republican voters, both white and black. The Klan's long-term goal was to keep African Americans in the role of submissive laborers."

On Dec. 24, 1865, Democrats in the American South formed the Ku Klux Klan as a means of keeing uppity blacks in their place. They attacked the blacks, and any white Republicans who defended or support them, lynching and killing them when possible. Democrat support for, and membership in, the KKK continues to this day, with theDemocrat attacking, insulting, and pillorying blacks who dared to espouse viewpoints the Democrats disagree with.

-----------------------------------------------------------

KKK founded - Dec 24, 1865 - HISTORY.com

151 years ago KKK founded
December 24, 2016

In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning “circle,” and the Scottish-Gaelic word “clan,” which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK’s first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan’s excessive violence.

Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively balanced, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan. In 1871, the Ku Klux Act passed Congress, authorizing President Ulysses S. Grant to use military force to suppress the KKK. The Ku Klux Act resulted in nine South Carolina counties being placed under martial law and thousands of arrests.

Once again Stupid --- your own link debunks you.
It's in bold.

The bizarro part is you've been told about this at least three times, and here you come repeating the same post expecting different results.

Once again --- as every time before --- the Klan was founded by Frank McCord, Capt. John Lester, Capt. John B. Kennedy, James Crowe, Richard Reed and Calvin Jones. As a social club. Which is what your link says.

For *NONE* of them is there any record anywhere of having had a political affiliation or any political activity.
Not one.
NOR is there any evidence that any or all of them founded the Klan for any nefarious purpose.

Prove me wrong. Find a link that actually supports your point ---- rather than one that refutes it.

Dumb Shit.

Guilt-ridden democrats of today are drowning in Egypt. A good idea, but too late.

Forum List

Back