16 year old boy shot to death by cop in courthouse

What I wanna know is why it doesn't say anywhere in the article that the boy is white? :dunno:
You can't tell from the pictures?

Tattoos give away his propensity to being a thug.

Tattoos do not a thug make.

Maybe, or maybe he was going to outgrow playing with guns. It makes me laugh hard that the joker supporting the deputy says the deputy no doubt was "fighting for his life." A skinny 16 year old, unarmed, in a court room, is going to kill this deputy?
I have a feeling it was an accident, although why was the safety off in a situation like that?
Sure. And maybe Trayvon Martin was going to become a neurosurgeon who found a cure for epilepsy.
It's possible. Remember Ben Carson was very much in Trayvon Martin's situation when he was young. . . .

I watched the video. No clue as to what happened except fighting and shooting. How does anyone not there reach a conclusion based on that?

Well, he can't be a thug in this case.
Why not?

Sounds like he was a defiant idiot from the reports. A true thug no doubt.

The cop, like all of them, probably went overboard, but only an absolute ignoramus assaults a power hungry gang member in blue.
I think it was kinda sweet that the kid was defending his mom. A kid-like thing to do. Very sweet and very deadly. This is a really sad story.
We don't know the history between this family and the law though.

I have a feeling there is a lot more going on here and a reason there is no video. I think they KNEW he would react this way, and I also have a feeling that this kid has no dad.
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if there was "history" between this family and the cops. I don't think the cop baited the kid or was premeditatively planning to kill the kid, though. It also doesn't surprise me that the video wasn't working. Probably doesn't work half the time. Our courthouse had a metal detector sitting in the doorway for over a year and it wasn't used. We had video conferencing capabilities so people could testify remotely, but no one knew how to work the equipment.
Life in small towns.

Maybe, or maybe he was going to outgrow playing with guns. It makes me laugh hard that the joker supporting the deputy says the deputy no doubt was "fighting for his life." A skinny 16 year old, unarmed, in a court room, is going to kill this deputy?
I have a feeling it was an accident, although why was the safety off in a situation like that?
Sure. And maybe Trayvon Martin was going to become a neurosurgeon who found a cure for epilepsy.
No need to push it to the absurd, Meathead. How many of us haven't grown up and settled down since we were 16? Looks like this kid came from tough end, probably had a pretty cavalier attitude and a smart mouth. As much as we might regularly WANT to shoot a kid like that, we don't really mean it.
I guess this deputy did.

No need to push it to the absurd, Meathead. How many of us haven't grown up and settled down since we were 16? Looks like this kid came from tough end, probably had a pretty cavalier attitude and a smart mouth. As much as we might regularly WANT to shoot a kid like that, we don't really mean it.
I guess this deputy did.
Are you racist? Just because Martin was a young black thug, does that mean he wouldn't grow up to be a man who would do great things for the benefit of all mankind?

I guess this deputy did.
I'm guessing that the punk went for the gun of either the bailiff or the police officer. Once that happens, deadly force is authorized. You do not, under any circumstances, go easy on someone trying to gain access to a gun. You kill them. Plain and simple.

I guess this deputy did.
Are you racist? Just because Martin was a young black thug, does that mean he wouldn't grow up to be a man who would do great things for the benefit of all mankind?
Simply saying a life might be "worthy" even if one doesn't become a neurosurgeon who discovers a cure for epilepsy.

I guess this deputy did.
Simply saying a life might be "worthy" even if one doesn't become a neurosurgeon who discovers a cure for epilepsy.
Sure, a life can be "worthy" even if one does not achieve great things, but a teenager facing gun charges and assaulting officers is very unlikely to have one (I inserted my own pronoun to complete your compound object).

The world is better off and safer without the likes of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin and now this guy.

I guess this deputy did.
Sure, a life can be "worthy" even if one does not achieve great things, but a teenager facing gun charges and assaulting officers is very unlikely to have one (I inserted my own pronoun to complete your compound object).

The world is better off and safer without the likes of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin and now this guy.
It's a damned good thing you aren't anywhere near a position of authority where teenagers are concerned.

I met a 12 year old psychopath once. Chief of Police sadly assured me this kid would kill someday and there's nothing you can do to stop it. That kid did give me the heebie-jeebs, I'll admit. Sweet as an angel to your face, but no sense of moral right and wrong whatsoever. Now that's the kind you have to worry about--not a mouthy hormonal adolescent.

I guess this deputy did.

It's a damned good thing you aren't anywhere near a position of authority where teenagers are concerned.

I met a 12 year old psychopath once. Chief of Police sadly assured me this kid would kill someday and there's nothing you can do to stop it. That kid did give me the heebie-jeebs, I'll admit. Sweet as an angel to your face, but no sense of moral right and wrong whatsoever. Now that's the kind you have to worry about--not a mouthy hormonal adolescent.
How can you know all about this kid when you never met him and weren't there?

I guess this deputy did.

How can everyone else?

How can everyone else?
If you can see my post I clearly stated the opposite. How do you know all about this kid? Or are you just spouting more nonsense?

How can everyone else?
If you can see my post I clearly stated the opposite. How do you know all about this kid? Or are you just spouting more nonsense?
Repeating yourself doesn't actually further your argument. Why don't you ask the SEVERAL posters here who feel they know the kid so well that they've judged he deserves to be dead?

Forum List

Back