18 Yr Old Pepper Sprayed and Tazered for Sitting in a Parked Car

The police can do as they want, and the kid can complain afterwards to his lawyer.

He has no legal right to interfere with the police unless his life or limb are in danger.

The police can do as they want, and the kid can complain afterwards to his lawyer.

Pretty sure I never read that in the Constitution and that attitude is precisely why they get away with so many civil rights abuses and why more and more people are getting fed up with law enforcement. Currently, half the country has a negative view of the police, which hasn't happened in 20 years.

The Gestapo are claiming they had a right to search him (they legally don't) because he was sitting in his car in a "predictive hot spot."

Can police arrest you for parking where criminals like to park?

"Connor DeLeire, the 18-year-old in the car, was nervous when the officer approached his car and began interrogating him without cause. DeLeire was visibly carrying a gun in a holster with the magazine in his pocket—which is totally legal in New Hampshire—and he refused the cop’s request to search his car—again, completely within his rights.

As the encounter continued, DeLeire grew agitated. The officer used this and Deleire’s refusal of a warrantless car search as a justification for insisting on a bodily patdown. When DeLeire jerked away, the police announced he was under arrest and used pepper spray and a Taser to subdue him."

Legal or not, it establishes legitimate concern on the part of the officer. And if he politely asks you for ID, or to step out of the car, if you're all innocent, do so. What's the big deal or reason not to?

Officer can question suspicious individuals and vehicles WHENEVER they like. WHEREVER they like. They don't need justification or a reason. If they ask to search your vehicle or person and you consent it's perfectly legal. To do it againt your will they need evidence or suspicion of a crime having actually occured. But as in the case of drug trafficking your refusal is pointless because you'll be placed under arrest within moments and a radio-issued search warrant will come allowing the search. And if you 'jerk away' resisting arrest you're completely screwed. Now the officer can kill your ass with very little evidence required. And being armed, he's lucky that's not what happened.

Title is wrong. The 18yo got manhandled because he decided to wrestle, not for sitting in a car. If you are nervous, the cops are going to be asking more questions. That's how it works. If you are wrongfully arrested, see a lawyer, don't try to become Hulk Hogan.

Here's how an armed black man wearing a hoodie reacted to an encounter with the police. Given his behavior, a predictable outcome:

So, I'm driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I'm already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I'm doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

"Yes, sir. I'm a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is... in my back-right pocket."

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I'm running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can't unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I'm running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I'm with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he's got me on at least two infractions. I'm thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence ba(g), locked and cleared. "Because you were cool with us and didn't give us grief, I'm just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible."

I smile. "Thank you, sir."

I'm a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn't be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Mobile Uploads - Steven Hildreth, Jr. | Facebook

--------------------

Last edited:
"Connor DeLeire, the 18-year-old in the car, was nervous when the officer approached his car and began interrogating him without cause. DeLeire was visibly carrying a gun in a holster with the magazine in his pocket—which is totally legal in New Hampshire—and he refused the cop’s request to search his car—again, completely within his rights.

Which is not illegal and perfectly within his rights

As the encounter continued, DeLeire grew agitated.

Gee, imagine that.

The officer used this and Deleire’s refusal of a warrantless car search as a justification for insisting on a bodily patdown.

Which he had no right to do. Refusal of a warrantless search does not provide probable cause.

When DeLeire jerked away, the police announced he was under arrest and used pepper spray and a Taser to subdue him.

Which the cop had no right to do.

Legal or not, it establishes legitimate concern on the part of the officer. And if he politely asks you for ID, or to step out of the car, if you're all innocent, do so. What's the big deal or reason not to?

Gee, I don't know. I thought this was the Land of the "Free."

Officer can question suspicious individuals and vehicles WHENEVER they like. WHEREVER they like. They don't need justification or a reason. If they ask to search your vehicle or person and you consent it's perfectly legal. To do it againt your will they need evidence or suspicion of a crime having actually occured.

But as in the case of drug trafficking your refusal is pointless because you'll be placed under arrest within moments and a radio-issued search warrant will come allowing the search.

No drug trafficking was taking place.

And if you 'jerk away' resisting arrest you're completely screwed. Now the officer can kill your ass with very little evidence required. And being armed, he's lucky that's not what happened.

He wasn't under arrest at that moment, otherwise you might have a point.

Here's how an armed black man wearing a hoodie reacted to an encounter with the police. Given his behavior, a predictable outcome:

So, I'm driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I'm already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I'm doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

"Yes, sir. I'm a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is... in my back-right pocket."

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I'm running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can't unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I'm running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I'm with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he's got me on at least two infractions. I'm thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. "Because you were cool with us and didn't give us grief, I'm just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible."

I smile. "Thank you, sir."

I'm a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn't be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Mobile Uploads - Steven Hildreth, Jr. | Facebook

--------------------

He was legitimately pulled over for a broken headlight. Connor DeLeire was guilty of absolutely nothing.

Which is not illegal and perfectly within his rights

As the encounter continued, DeLeire grew agitated.

Gee, imagine that.

The officer used this and Deleire’s refusal of a warrantless car search as a justification for insisting on a bodily patdown.

Which he had no right to do. Refusal of a warrantless search does not provide probable cause.

When DeLeire jerked away, the police announced he was under arrest and used pepper spray and a Taser to subdue him.

Which the cop had no right to do.

Gee, I don't know. I thought this was the Land of the "Free."

Officer can question suspicious individuals and vehicles WHENEVER they like. WHEREVER they like. They don't need justification or a reason. If they ask to search your vehicle or person and you consent it's perfectly legal. To do it againt your will they need evidence or suspicion of a crime having actually occured.

But as in the case of drug trafficking your refusal is pointless because you'll be placed under arrest within moments and a radio-issued search warrant will come allowing the search.

No drug trafficking was taking place.

And if you 'jerk away' resisting arrest you're completely screwed. Now the officer can kill your ass with very little evidence required. And being armed, he's lucky that's not what happened.

He wasn't under arrest at that moment, otherwise you might have a point.

(smiles and works really hard to think of green flowery fields on a sunny day and remove the other visual...)

Ok. :)

He has no legal right to interfere with the police unless his life or limb are in danger.

Haven't people learned yet, it is easier to work with police than against them. Seems everyone thinks they can get a pay day if they resist police requests.

Children and adults should be taught to help police instead of resisting and chance getting hurt. If they come and ask questions, don't run or drive away, just talk to them. Women have a right to call the police stations is she is stopped at night, alone and on an isolated street, rather than getting out of her car. Don't roll down the window all the way, just a crack. Tell officer that you are calling the police station and politely tell the officer you won't get out till she gets verification or another car arrives for her safety, or that she has a child in the car. Other wise be polite and show your ID through the window. If you have a cell phone put it on record, voice or video so there is a record of the conversation. Don't fight or struggle.

Don't give the police a reason to suspect you, or try to harm the officer.

Student should have gotten up and left the room, deal with the problem in the hall or at the principles office. Don't rant, just explain the incident. Ask to call parents or lawyer, or some schools have peer advocates for conflicts so ask for one the peers as witness.

Fighting with the teacher and the officer was the wrong move, totally wrong.

Whatever a cop does is the fault of the person on the receiving end. Cops have bad days and lose it sometimes too. But never on the job...Waka waka

The Gestapo are claiming they had a right to search him (they legally don't) because he was sitting in his car in a "predictive hot spot."

Can police arrest you for parking where criminals like to park?

What's a "predictive hot spot"? Some place he regularly parked, was known to routinely park? If that's the case, perhaps it appeared like suspicious behavior.

And the way these cop hater threads go, it's not going to be surprising if the "victim of jack booted thug police" really was there to buy drugs. These threads by Tazerboy are usually based on bullshit.

Title is wrong. The 18yo got manhandled because he decided to wrestle
He did no such thing
Jerk away from a cop giving you a pat down and it's game on.

The pat down was illegal.

Actually it was NOT.

Terry Frisk. From Terry v. Ohio SCOTUS law. FEDERAL law. Supercedes state law. Says a cop CAN frisk a person...for weapons only...if it's a lawful stop and the cop has reasonable suspicion the person might be armed. This guy...obviously was.

Now...the car was in a known crime spot. You might argue the stop wasn't legal. Terry also pertains to that. "Reasonable suspicion".

If it was a reasonable suspicion stop....and they felt he might be armed (he was) they can frisk him for weapons.

This shit is federal law you moron. It doesn't shock me you don't know it because...well...most cop haters are sophomoric idiots.

But...a Terry Frisk is NOT for illegal weapons...it is to secure ANY weapon (even legal ones) from a person who is under lawful detention for investigation.

If a lawful concealed carry holder is under suspicion of...say....indecent exposure...the cops can legally frisk him and secure his legally possessed weapon while he is under detention.

It's why the open carry folks ask "Am I being detained?". If so....cops can secure their weapon. If not....they cant.

Forum List

Back