🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2/3 of Americans-Afghanistan Not Worth Fighting

Trump signed a non binding agreement where there were stipulations for us leaving.
Are you really trying to muck up the facts? That's what it looks like.

Trump reduced troop numbers to 2500 right before he left office.

Trump said that while leaving Afghanistan is "a wonderful and positive thing to do," he had set a May 1 withdrawal deadline and added that "we should keep as close to that schedule as possible."

The Neo-GOP don't mind setting up the country to fail if they think they can blame it on the Democrats.

Despite the Republican whining and piling on...America does not approve of the "forever war" in Afghanistan

There was and never is...a "good way" to disengage from something as fucked up as that
I wonder, do 2/3 of American care that Biden left thousands of Americans behind?

Trump reduced troop numbers to 2500 right before he left office.

Trump said that while leaving Afghanistan is "a wonderful and positive thing to do," he had set a May 1 withdrawal deadline and added that "we should keep as close to that schedule as possible."

The Neo-GOP don't mind setting up the country to fail if they think they can blame it on the Democrats.
Would Trump have left thousands of Americans behind?

I don't think so.

No America does not.

Biden's finished
Biden is just getting started. 3 1/2 more years in his first term. Better suck it up butter cup.

Now this fool, is finished.

Biden is just getting started. 3 1/2 more years in his first term. Better suck it up butter cup.

Now this fool, is finished.

Good grief... I'm so tired of you lunatics that can't see the forrest for the trees

Biden is sick. Save your BS

Now ask them if this is the way they wanted to get out.....

But don't you have to wonder why they ever went there in the first place?
It was wrong for any American to go to Afghanistan.
Everyone who went there knew the Taliban were the popular and legal government of Afghanistan.

Despite the Republican whining and piling on...America does not approve of the "forever war" in Afghanistan

There was and never is...a "good way" to disengage from something as fucked up as that
Joe's not getting a pass on Americans having to pass through Taliban checkpoints though. That was a clusterfk, which is a term from the Vietnam war

But don't you have to wonder why they ever went there in the first place?
It was wrong for any American to go to Afghanistan.
Everyone who went there knew the Taliban were the popular and legal government of Afghanistan.
Well any govt can't shelter terrorists who attacked America. We've not been putting up with that shit since the Barbary Pirates

Another thought on this would have been to remove or destroy the equipment and bomb the embassy
before we closed the shop. Lesh, you can deny all you want on the blame, but it ended up being a big
clusterfuck because of Biden, or whoever controls Biden.

No the only equipment left were the heavy vehicles, and it would have been wrong to destroy them for no reason.
In fact, we owed Afghan billion for all the damage we did, and the least we can do is leave them something.
And we should keep the embassy open, since we will need an embassy for the Taliban.

Joe's not getting a pass on Americans having to pass through Taliban checkpoints though. That was a clusterfk, which is a term from the Vietnam war

There is not an airport in the world where you do not have to pass through a government checkpoint.
The Taliban are no different.

I'm a hypocrite?

Trump did EXACTLY this and worse in Syria with the Kurds...and you defended it.

Oh and by the way...what you suggest? Is what we've BEEN doing for a long time. We only had a couple thousand troops in the whole country after Trump "drew down" that force

Congress had agreed to US troops in Afghanistan, (although I think they were still illegal), however Congress did not agree to troops in Syria, so those were overtly illegal.

Like most people I have not been following afghanistan closely for a long time

too many other more urgent issues to take my attention

so I was pretty much onboard with getting out

but I was wrong

“End the 20 year war” sounds good

but there has not been a war in afghanistan for 5 or 6 years

what we had was an occupation

there has not been a US combat death for at least a year

and our position there was good and beneficial to US interests

There is not an airport in the world where you do not have to pass through a government checkpoint.
The Taliban are no different.
Yeah, but we should have evacuated all non-essential govt employed civilians weeks if not months ago. I don't see how anyone can conclude that Biden and/or the Military failed to plan for an orderly evacuation.

Well any govt can't shelter terrorists who attacked America. We've not been putting up with that shit since the Barbary Pirates

The Taliban most definitely did NOT shelter al Qaeda willingly. It was the CIA that forced the Mujahedeen to grudgingly accept al Qaeda.
And the Taliban arrested bin Laden many times, offering him for extradition several times.
It was the US who refused to follow standard international extradition procedures.
Meaning that we either has no evidence, or were not willing to make it public for some reason.

Big difference. The Barbary Pirates were attacking US ships and personnel, the Taliban were totally innocent.

Forum List

Back