2 Black Men Tortured By Mississippi Officers Call For Toughest Sentences.

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Two Black men who were tortured by six Mississippi law enforcement officers called on a federal judge Monday to impose the harshest possible penalties against the disgraced former lawmen.

The former law officers admitted in August to subjecting Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker to numerous acts of racially motivated, violent torture.

Prompted by a neighbor’s complaint in January 2023 that Jenkins and Parker were staying in a home with a white woman, the group of six burst in without a warrant and assaulted Jenkins and Parker with stun guns, a sex toy and other objects.

After a mock execution went awry when Jenkins was shot in the mouth, they devised a coverup that included planting drugs and a gun. The Rankin County Sheriff’s Department then supported the deputies’ false charges, which stood against Jenkins and Parker for months.
I was tortured in the most vile way in the 1990s, as a skinny 17 year old. Two sick proud Gestapo cops held me against the wall while the third "detective" pulled my pants down and banged a stick between my knees and up into my scrotum 3-4 times to get me to "talk". I was also rendered deaf in one ear with a constant ringing from that day forward, it has never stopped ringing.

The sickos involved in this have happily retired, nary a days pay lost. THAT is Canada then, and I presume in some corners, now.

One of these days G-d will cut them down...

Actually it does for the large majority, but also true of most of the other southern states. Listen to the attempts of some who are already trying to distance themselves from this police brutality, but also recall the exaggerated racist remarks from the exact same racists.

The fact is, most of then have made it perfectly clear that they want to proudly own racism.

Is this their opportunity at repenting or is it their attempt at damage control?

Let's just enjoy the moment by listening to their excuses!

There should be no excuse for those actions. Throw the book at them and make an example of them. thats what will happen.

Actually it does for the large majority, but also true of most of the other southern states. Listen to the attempts of some who are already trying to distance themselves from this police brutality, but also recall the exaggerated racist remarks from the exact same racists.

The fact is, most of then have made it perfectly clear that they want to proudly own racism.

Is this their opportunity at repenting or is it their attempt at damage control?

Let's just enjoy the moment by listening to their excuses!
AckShulLy, Donny does not know shit about the American south.

I was tortured in the most vile way in the 1990s, as a skinny 17 year old. Two sick proud Gestapo cops held me against the wall while the third "detective" pulled my pants down and banged a stick between my knees and up into my scrotum 3-4 times to get me to "talk". I was also rendered deaf in one ear with a constant ringing from that day forward, it has never stopped ringing.

The sickos involved in this have happily retired, nary a days pay lost. THAT is Canada then, and I presume in some corners, now.

🤣😀

That would be relevant if we could trust you.
But after your whopper on two plain clothes police officers in a hospital lineup, brfore and after you, you blew it. Now it's only being seen as your paranoia and psychosis.

No, the incident didn't happen!

Guess its more of a power trip for some of these cops, feeling they can do whatever they want in that uniform. While I imagine, it can be more prevalent in small rural towns because of the isolation, I still wouldnt paint with a broad brush. There's always going to be cops who joined for the wrong reasons.
Did you read the story? I can help deflate your argument.

from the NYT:

Last November, The New York Times and Mississippi Today published an investigation revealing that for nearly two decades, deputies in the Rankin sheriff department, many of whom called themselves the Goon Squad, would barge into homes in the middle of the night, handcuff people and torture them for information or confessions.

In the pursuit of drug arrests, the deputies rammed a stick down one man’s throat until he vomited, dripped molten metal onto another man’s skin and held people down and beat them until they were bloody and bruised...

Many of those who said they had experienced violence filed lawsuits or formal complaints ...A few said they had contacted Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey directly, only to be ignored

and... Goon Squad Officers Face Sentencing in Mississippi Torture Cases

The sheriff’s department in Rankin County, a suburban community just outside Jackson, came to national attention last year after five Rankin County deputies and a Richland Police detective raided the home of Eddie Parker, 36, and his friend, Michael Jenkins, 33, following a tip about suspicious activity.

The officers handcuffed and tortured the men by shocking them repeatedly with Tasers, beating them and sexually assaulting them with a sex toy. Mr. Elward put his gun into Mr. Jenkins’s mouth and shot him, shattering his jaw and nearly killing him

I am not a cop. I wonder what you did to cause the police to rough you up.😂🤣😅😆
I was polite, said "yes sir, no sir" while in their precinct. Trusting in police. They were the good guys, right? When I watched GI Joe and the A-Team and other shows, the good guys didnt abuse others, they were noble and followed the law. How naive was I. As naive as one could be.

My sin was not ratting out on some loogans, ironically and perhaps fittingly for a system like ours which models East Germany too often; the fools I was being silent about were undercovers. THEY were the criminals and ringleaders of the trouble in my community and elsewhere.

The irony of a system that would make Himmler proud cannot go unnoticed by even amateur historians.

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Two Black men who were tortured by six Mississippi law enforcement officers called on a federal judge Monday to impose the harshest possible penalties against the disgraced former lawmen.

The former law officers admitted in August to subjecting Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker to numerous acts of racially motivated, violent torture.

Prompted by a neighbor’s complaint in January 2023 that Jenkins and Parker were staying in a home with a white woman, the group of six burst in without a warrant and assaulted Jenkins and Parker with stun guns, a sex toy and other objects.

After a mock execution went awry when Jenkins was shot in the mouth, they devised a coverup that included planting drugs and a gun. The Rankin County Sheriff’s Department then supported the deputies’ false charges, which stood against Jenkins and Parker for months.
"Mabaydindunuffin".

AckShulLy, Donny does not know shit about the American south.
Trump has lit Mississippi on fire again, but unfortunately he's still the best choice for president. I have to make peace with Russia my priority over the useless attempt to stop racism in America.

Trump has lit Mississippi on fire again, but unfortunately he's still the best choice for president. I have to make peace with Russia my priority over the useless attempt to stop racism in America.

You're something else.

Forum List

Back