2 Church shootings...different outcomes....one church had an armed parishioner...the other did not..

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
And here we have the example that shows how different things are when a good person with a gun is at the scene of a mass shooting....and as history around the world has shown...a church is as good a place as any to carry a pistol for personal protection...bad guys do not care about gun free zones....

Colorado Springs vs. Charleston The Church Massacre That Ended Differently - Katie Pavlich

In 2007, former police officer Jeanne Assam was working as a plain clothed security guard at New Life Church in Colorado Springs. When a man showed up on Sunday armed to the teeth and ready to carry out a massacre, Assam drew her weapon and stopped him before he could kill anyone inside.

Assam hid and inched toward the gunman, Matthew Murray, as dozens of terrified worshipers fled. She waited until he got close enough, revealed herself, aimed her pistol and fired. Murray dropped to the ground. He was carrying an assault rifle, two pistols and a backpack holding more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

Authorities on Monday said Assam saved untold lives.
On Wednesday a racist man walked into Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, South Carolina, sat with black worshippers for and hour and then murdered nine of them.

The difference? Assam had the opportunity to fight back and saved lives. The Emanuel A.M.E. Church prohibits congregation members from carrying firearms and there are no reports showing security guards were on the scene at the time of the murders.

Could the church massacre in Charleston have been stopped? We'll never know, but we do know a similar tragedy was stopped somewhere else.

While I am glad she was able to stop the attacker, I find it disturbing that a church needs to hire armed security to hold services.

I find it disturbing that a church needs to hire armed security to hold services.
The same could be said about schools, but that is our reality nonetheless. Its always handy to have good guys with guns around in places where a lot of people gather..

Good thing we ban heavy weaponry like automatic guns and rocket launchers. Or both of those Churches and worshippers in the OP could have been leveled to dust.

Forum List

Back