🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2 MILLION fed workers get memo warning they can’t use words IMPEACH or 'resist' re TRUMP

Sorry but you cannot keep your job if you are actively recruiting to sabotage your employer.
Wrong.

Public employees are at liberty to express political opinions, advocacy, and support or oppose candidates for public office as private citizens, including at work. (see Pickering v. Board of Education (1968)).

As long as a Federal employee’s statements are not made pursuant to his employment, opinions expressed are entitled to First Amendment protections, prohibiting the government from subjecting the Federal employee to disciplinary action or termination.

Donald-Trump-Big-Brother.jpg

TOTALITARIANISM 101. Here it comes! I worked under the Hatch Act for 12 years. I could discuss any GD thing I wanted to with OTHER EMPLOYEES! I hope this gets nipped in the bud IMMEDIATELY. This is total BIG BROTHER bullshit.

Where the fuck is the Labor SEC? (Of course this is the same Labor SEC who helped cover up Jeffrey Epstein, CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING crimes).

Two million federal workers receive memo warning they can’t use the word ‘resist’ or discuss Trump impeachment at work

default.gif

MARTIN CIZMAR
29 NOV 2018 AT 23:09 ET

Grabien-477285-800x430.jpg
Donald Trump speaks at a rally in Orlando, Florida (Fox News/screen grab)

All federal workers have received a memo warning that they cannot discuss the possibility of Donald Trump being impeached at work, reports the New York Times.

The memo went out Wednesday to about 2 million workers.

The memo said it was “illegal for them to participate in such discussions at work,” the Times reports.

This is the first time such a memo has been sent out, the paper reports, and critics say it’s overreaching.

“Advocating for a candidate to be impeached, and thus potentially disqualified from holding federal office, is clearly directed at the failure of that candidate’s campaign for federal office,” the memo said.

Because Trump is already running for re-election in 2020, the letter contends that arguments about his policies or impeachment prospects are “effectively statements in support or opposition to his campaign,” the paper reports...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/two...eachment-work/
Good! On Day 1 Trump should have fired everyone hired or promoted by Obama

Sorry but you cannot keep your job if you are actively recruiting to sabotage your employer.
Trump isn't their employer; the U.S. government is. They have free speech rights under the Constitution that Trump cannot take away.

It is completely appropriate for an employer to dictate behavior on company time within the workplace.

Federal workers aren't special.
whoever put forth this memo seems to have an interest in them....

The Office of Special Counsel, I believe. They are the Central Scrutinizers.

Same in the private sector.

Bad mouth your employer and you get kicked to the curb.

Should be no different for those that work for the Govt.
i worked 33 years in the PO....many an employee including myself have openly said the PO sucks....and its always because of the way they treated an employee or a way they handled a situation out in public.....

Same in the private sector.

Bad mouth your employer and you get kicked to the curb.

Should be no different for those that work for the Govt.

It's generally a policy in all work places, civilian and military, that certain subjects are forbidden while on duty or on the clock. The two most frowned upon are religion or politics. Everyone here knows that to be correct, even the liberal pukes. The OP subject shouldn't warrant a discussion but butthurt libs will be butthurt libs.
PO was like that....we were asked by our station manager to please refrain from religion and politics...he said you people all know how all to often it turns out....and he was right...

Trump isn't their employer; the U.S. government is. They have free speech rights under the Constitution that Trump cannot take away.
No one has right to be a government worker.
I seriously doubt any such specific rule was issued but you can be sure employees are required to not start shit while on the clock.
yep...at least were i worked....

Wrong... There is a chain of command, Mr Trump is the top dog of the management chain

-Geaux
not in the PO he is not....
I can only speak to the Department of Defense Federal workers. I was remiss in saying all Federal Employees

-Geaux

Wrong... There is a chain of command, Mr Trump is the top dog of the management chain
Chain of command applies to his appointees, NOT Civil Service employees.

So what you are saying is federal civil servants are accountable to no one?
Of course not.

But political expression and participation are not within the purview of a Federal employee’s superiors.

A Federal employee working for the USDA is at liberty to express the opinion that Trump is a liar, unfit to be president, and should be removed from office via the impeachment process.

If that same employee were to express the opinion that the work requirement provision of the SNAP program is wrong and should be ended, that may be speech not entitled to Constitutional protections because it concerns a program administered by USDA.

TOTALITARIANISM 101. Here it comes! I worked under the Hatch Act for 12 years. I could discuss any GD thing I wanted to with OTHER EMPLOYEES! I hope this gets nipped in the bud IMMEDIATELY. This is total BIG BROTHER bullshit.

Where the fuck is the Labor SEC? (Of course this is the same Labor SEC who helped cover up Jeffrey Epstein, CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING crimes).

Two million federal workers receive memo warning they can’t use the word ‘resist’ or discuss Trump impeachment at work

default.gif

MARTIN CIZMAR

All federal workers have received a memo warning that they cannot discuss the possibility of Donald Trump being impeached at work, reports the New York Times.

The memo said it was “illegal for them to participate in such discussions at work,” the Times reports.

This is the first time such a memo has been sent out, the paper reports, and critics say it’s overreaching.

“Advocating for a candidate to be impeached, and thus potentially disqualified from holding federal office, is clearly directed at the failure of that candidate’s campaign for federal office,” the memo said.

Because Trump is already running for re-election in 2020, the letter contends that arguments about his policies or impeachment prospects are “effectively statements in support or opposition to his campaign,” the paper reports...

The fact that the Federal Government employs more than 2 million people is horrifying. Walmart the largest private company employs half that. At least they provide goods and services the Federal Government is a massive blackhole parasite.

default.gif

MARTIN CIZMAR

The fact that the Federal Government employs more than 2 million people is horrifying. Walmart the largest private company employs half that. At least they provide goods and services the Federal Government is a massive blackhole parasite.
When we evaluated functions for A-76 (Contracting out) we had to decide whether the position was inherently governmental. That was hard to define. It was like a trump card, no pun intended

-Geaux

Goverment workers are worthless anyway, and should shut there pie hole, you ever seen the worthless assholes at the post office?:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Even if you truly believe in your constitutional right to discuss undermining, resisting or impeaching the president. There is a memo that says you can't.

default.gif

MARTIN CIZMAR

So?

Why are government workers engaging in politics at work?

Forum List

Back