2 shots, Why are they saying one?

SC Patriot

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2020
I live in Myrtle Beach. We watched the balloon and the fighter jets engage it. First shot took it out. About 45 seconds there was another shot at a smaller target. And it made contact.
Why is the WH not mentioning the reason for the second shot?

I live in Myrtle Beach. We watched the balloon and the fighter jets engage it. First shot took it out. About 45 seconds there was another shot at a smaller target. And it made contact.
They went straight to polling after the first shot. Never noticed the second.

Call them and ask.

You have some amazing eyesight to see that happen 60,000 plus feet away from you.

Maybe you mistook another jet for a missile. Seems highly unlikely they would fire off another heatseaker with aircraft in the area or just for fun when they are like $400K a pop.

Maybe you mistook another jet for a missile. Seems highly unlikely they would fire off another heatseaker with aircraft in the area or just for fun when they are like $400K a pop.

How can a "heatseaker" detect a cold balloon?

About 45 seconds there was another shot at a smaller target.

There was a second, smaller balloon.

How-to-make-balloon-animals-3f92e38.jpg

Interesting. Could they possibly have wanted to destroy any part of data collecting equipment that might reveal exactly what the balloon was monitoring? They can't say it was to minimize collateral damage from falling large debris.

It's odd that none of the other witnesses saw and heard what you report. Are you trying to conjure up another conspiracy theory?

Last edited:
We have systems to retrieve wayward balloons easily.
So then why shoot it down?
Makes no sense.

I suspect it was a US balloon pretending to be Chinese, intended to just cause emotional reactions.
Balloons are no threat at all, in any way.
While the balloon was not at high as most balloons and satellites, little is gained by being so low.

{...
The Chinese government said Friday that the Chinese balloon discovered over the United States was mainly for weather research. However, U.S. officials said they have assessed it to be a collection device, although not one that could gather the kind of sensitive information that advanced Chinese reconnaissance satellites already collect.

Many countries use aerial spying technology to gather data on rival nations as well as allies and partners, and to look at remote parts of the globe.
...}

Remember, the US spies on China constanty.

{...
In 2001, a U.S. Navy signals intelligence aircraft collided with a Chinese interceptor jet near the Chinese island of Hainan; the incident left a Chinese pilot presumed dead and led to a diplomatic crisis involving the leaders of the two nations.
...}

[...
Since 2021, the Pentagon has examined 366 incidents that were initially unexplained and said 163 were balloons. A handful of those incidents involved advanced surveillance balloons, according to a U.S. official, but none of them were conducting persistent reconnaissance of the U.S. military bases. (However, spy balloons that the U.S. government immediately identifies are not included in unidentified aerial phenomenon tracking, according to two U.S. officials.)

Because spy balloons are relatively basic collection devices and other balloons have not lingered long over U.S. territory, they previously have not generated much concern with the Pentagon or intelligence agencies, according to two officials.

The surveillance incidents involving advanced technology and described in the classified report were potentially more troubling, involving behaviors and characteristics that could not be explained.
...}

2 shots, Why are they saying one?​

As with all fake stories , MSM are bound to get details wrong and do not really care .

But it does not matter as 98.354% never get much further than the headline which is the only point of the exercise

The balloon had Hunter's laptop onboard and the second shot was to destroy it, obviously.

It's odd that none of the other witnesses saw and heard what you report. Are you trying to conjure up another conspiracy theory?
Everyone in Myrtle Beach heard a second explosion .Every single one..

Curious....how many witnesses do you kinow down here to make that kind of statement?

If you say "many who heard only one explosion" then I will know for sure you are lying.

You have some amazing eyesight to see that happen 60,000 plus feet away from you.
dont be a wise ass. The balloon was visible. The jets were hard to see but their vapor trials made it clear they were engaging the balloon. We did not see that actual missile but was it come apart and start falling...and then the explosion (sound delay)....and about 45 seconds later another explosion.. We watched the thing drop until it went below our sight line

we didnt see any missile....saw the thing deflate and then heard the explosion....and another 45 seconds later.

All area airports were closed.

Reported this morning on local news...the two explosions we heard were sonic booms from the jets as they left the area.
The balloon being hit was unheard.

Your "witnesses" dont exist.....so either you lied or "your witnesses" lied.

Reported this morning on local news...the two explosions we heard were sonic booms from the jets as they left the area.
The balloon being hit was unheard.

Your "witnesses" dont exist.....so either you lied or "your witnesses" lied.

All I know is what the witnesses said on CNN and MSNBC. Maybe you have better information.

Forum List

Back