🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2 year old taken by alligator at Disney

That is correct gator is a common place here in Florida signs all over the place. You would think Florida should know better but look at the chart last year alone one fatality and 9 bites.
Also signs...... *No Swimming* but you can still play in the shallow water or at the edge of the water. Not good enough. This tragedy happened inside Disney property. They are very aware that there are gators in their ponds. Regularly they removed gators inside Disney properties. And as far as I remember there was a boy that got bitten by gator inside Disney property but forgot what year.
IMHO........ It's not the gator fault but Disney is responsible for this tragedy.

How often do alligator attacks happen in Florida?

20,000,000 people live in Florida and last year a total of ONE person died from a gator, and 9 total bites (including that death).

So 9 out of 20,000,000 people were bit by gators? It's more dangerous to cross the street at a crosswalk-should they have signs there warning you that you could get hit by a car-signs typically only tell you when it's safe or unsafe to cross (provided drivers are following the law)?

Also according to your post 2015 was the first fatality since 2007. That's 8 years without a fatality.

So in EIGHT years ONE person was killed by an alligator...

Pygmys are much more dangerous-should they have signs warning about them at Disney, or do pygmys actively choose not to go onto Disney property?

I go fishing around gators constantly-and they're of no concern to me. I'm talking about I literally sit in a kayak/canoe and fish in the same river(s) that gators actively live in. Granted I'm not foolish enough to go near their nests and I give them their space when necessary. It's the water moccasins that I'm worried about.

I'm safe because I respect the gators and their territory. If you don't (and these parents did NOT), you might pay for it (and they did). They were warned-they chose to ignore warnings and went in anyway. I feel bad for the child-but that's life, that's nature. The world is an unforgiving place and stupid decisions (yes they made a stupid decisions) can be life or death-that's the world we live in.

When it comes to the signs at crosswalks, how many still cross the street despite the "person" symbol being read meaning don't walk? A better question is how many that crossed when the sign was don't walk would blame the driver of the car that hit them?
. Matters not, because Disney entices it's guest to party and play by the waters edge where gators lerk, and that sucks for Disney in this specific case. No one is enticing people to play in traffic, and at least the traffic warning signs were specific.

When is tempting someone illegal?
. When a child gets eaten by a gator.

That is correct gator is a common place here in Florida signs all over the place. You would think Florida should know better but look at the chart last year alone one fatality and 9 bites.
Also signs...... *No Swimming* but you can still play in the shallow water or at the edge of the water. Not good enough. This tragedy happened inside Disney property. They are very aware that there are gators in their ponds. Regularly they removed gators inside Disney properties. And as far as I remember there was a boy that got bitten by gator inside Disney property but forgot what year.
IMHO........ It's not the gator fault but Disney is responsible for this tragedy.

How often do alligator attacks happen in Florida?

20,000,000 people live in Florida and last year a total of ONE person died from a gator, and 9 total bites (including that death).

So 9 out of 20,000,000 people were bit by gators? It's more dangerous to cross the street at a crosswalk-should they have signs there warning you that you could get hit by a car-signs typically only tell you when it's safe or unsafe to cross (provided drivers are following the law)?

Also according to your post 2015 was the first fatality since 2007. That's 8 years without a fatality.

Pygmys are much more dangerous-should they have signs warning about them at Disney, or do pygmys actively choose not to go onto Disney property?

I go fishing around gators constantly-and they're of no concern to me. I'm talking about I literally sit in a kayak/canoe and fish in the same river(s) that gators actively live in. Granted I'm not foolish enough to go near their nests and I give them their space when necessary. It's the water moccasins that I'm worried about.

I'm safe because I respect the gators and their territory. If you don't (and these parents did NOT), you might pay for it (and they did). They were warned-they chose to ignore warnings and went in anyway. I feel bad for the child-but that's life, that's nature. The world is an unforgiving place and stupid decisions (yes they made a stupid decisions) can be life or death-that's the world we live in.

When it comes to the signs at crosswalks, how many still cross the street despite the "person" symbol being read meaning don't walk? A better question is how many that crossed when the sign was don't walk would blame the driver of the car that hit them?
. Matters not, because Disney entices it's guest to party and play by the waters edge where gators lerk, and that sucks for Disney in this specific case. No one is enticing people to play in traffic, and at least the traffic warning signs were specific.

If I tempt, or in other words dare, you to do something and you choose to do it, that's not illegal for me. Depending on what it is, it could be for you.

If I tempt, or in other words dare, you to do something and you choose to do it, that's not illegal for me. Depending on what it is, it could be for you.
Tempting us with this distraction should be illegal, but it ain't working so have fun with that.

Tempting us with this distraction should be illegal, but it ain't working so have fun with that.

Saying tempting someone is illegal only makes you look foolish.

. Playing word games also makes you look foolish, just so you know.

. Then Charles Manson was locked up for nothing according to you ?

. Then Charles Manson was locked up for nothing according to you ?

Manson's involvement was far more than tempting others.

Fox News reported that Disney guests have been seen feeding gators.
. Did the signs where the attack took place, and with it's pristine beaches tell about gators, how they feed, when they feed, and how not to feed them ?

-Gators wont come out of the water to attack you, they don't feel safe out of the water. They'll come out to sun bathe and that's about it
That is not true. People like you are somewhat responsible for people getting attacked by gators.

Actually it is. Have you had interactions with gators before? Do you even live in a place that's populated with gators. I had gators in the pond outside of my house for 16 years, and the only time I ever saw them out of the water was to sunbathe (which gators do do, because they are reptiles and are cold blooded). I have plenty of times out on the river(s). Do you know what they do when they feel threatened? They dive into the water for protection-because that's where they feel safe (the first time they do this can be intimidating if you're on a smaller boat).

Unless you approach a gator that's already outside of the water-they will not approach you. Even if you do, unless they're protecting their nest they will almost certainly run.

It's people like you who are uninformed (yet seem to think that they are) that are the problem.

Here's the real question:

It's dark outside, there are signs say no swimming, you're in an unfamiliar setting in a place you're unfamiliar with...why would you bring a 2 year old child into that water? It's a STUPID decision. I get that people would rather go after a corporation than a family that lived through everybody's worst nightmare, but give me a break. There has to be some sort of personal responsibility for parents and their actions. Being a parent does not exempt you from poor decision making.

Here is the problem................ As I previously mentioned. You are trying to think like everyone else with gator experience. Some people never seen an alligator in the wild. Let alone at Disney world where place to celebrate be happy and fun but not expecting that a baby will be eaten by a gator.
It is not stupid or unusual to bring their kids next to a water especially if they are on vacation.
As I keep repeating the sign *No Swimming Please* is not good enough for guest or visitors to understand. See this sign *Wet Floor* with a person falling or sliding. Picture means a thousand worlds. Any living human being will understand that.

6b0771353f7759b758f9c9cdab90ba56.jpg

-Gators wont come out of the water to attack you, they don't feel safe out of the water. They'll come out to sun bathe and that's about it
That is not true. People like you are somewhat responsible for people getting attacked by gators.

Actually it is. Have you had interactions with gators before? Do you even live in a place that's populated with gators. I had gators in the pond outside of my house for 16 years, and the only time I ever saw them out of the water was to sunbathe (which gators do do, because they are reptiles and are cold blooded). I have plenty of times out on the river(s). Do you know what they do when they feel threatened? They dive into the water for protection-because that's where they feel safe (the first time they do this can be intimidating if you're on a smaller boat).

Unless you approach a gator that's already outside of the water-they will not approach you. Even if you do, unless they're protecting their nest they will almost certainly run.

It's people like you who are uninformed (yet seem to think that they are) that are the problem.

Here's the real question:

It's dark outside, there are signs say no swimming, you're in an unfamiliar setting in a place you're unfamiliar with...why would you bring a 2 year old child into that water? It's a STUPID decision. I get that people would rather go after a corporation than a family that lived through everybody's worst nightmare, but give me a break. There has to be some sort of personal responsibility for parents and their actions. Being a parent does not exempt you from poor decision making.

Here is the problem................ As I previously mentioned. You are trying to think like everyone else with gator experience. Some people never seen an alligator in the wild. Let alone at Disney world where place to celebrate be happy and fun but not expecting that a baby will be eaten by a gator.
It is not stupid or unusual to bring their kids next to a water especially if they are on vacation.
As I keep repeating the sign *No Swimming Please* is not good enough for guest or visitors to understand. See this sign *Wet Floor* with a person falling or sliding. Picture means a thousand worlds. Any living human being will understand that.

6b0771353f7759b758f9c9cdab90ba56.jpg
. Yep, and guess what, if a person slips, falls, and cracks their hip, then guess whose fault it is let's say if at a McDonald's for one good example ? It's still McDonald's fault for moping the bathroom floor, and then allowing customers to use that restroom before that floor dries regardless of the warning sign... It has to be safe to walk on without slipping period. Just because there is a sign, it doesn't mean the danger is any less for wearing a pair of soles that if they touch anything wet, your gone. That very sign was in the entrance way of a McDonald's, and you all know how McDonald's loves their tile floors right ? Well I had a pair of boots on, but not sure what kind of soles they had, but when I touched the wet floor on the way in, I almost busted my tale. I warned McDonald's of the problem, and left thinking that was a close call, but what about the elderly lady who isn't as balanced as I was ? She will bust her butt, and hip to if not careful. Then what ? The sign warned her, but McDonald's would be found negligent in such a case because there was no other way into the store. The floor should have been dried somehow, and not left to dry on it's own with a sign that merely tells you that you have a 50/50% chance of navigating the wet floor without incident.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back