200 Muslims surround christian church on xmas day

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
200 Muslim Men Surround Christian Church On Christmas Day…To Protect Worshippers

Author: Elisabeth Parker December 29, 2014 10:13 pm

We often hear about strife between Muslims and Christians, so it’s heartening to hear good news for a change. Vanguard reports 200 young Muslim men surrounded a Christian church in Kaduna, Nigeria on Christmas day to protect the worshippers within.

Pastor Yohanna Buru of the Christ Evangelical Church told reporters, “I really appreciate their love and care,’’ and explained that this is one of many ongoing interfaith efforts to encourage Christians and Muslims to live together peacefully. Yohanna Buru is also the president of the Peace Revival and Reconciliation foundation of Nigeria, a Christian group that seeks to make peace and form interfaith alliances with Muslim organizations.

Kaduna — and Nigeria as a whole — have suffered attacks by extremist groups like Boko Haram for decades. In 2000, Christians and Muslims clashed when the state of Kaduna introduced Sharia law, even though half of the state’s population is non-Muslim. The riots killed thousands and reduced untold numbers of churches and mosques to rubble. In 2012, more riots broke out when suicide bombers blew up three churches and killed 52 people.

In June 2013, Voice of America reported Christians and Muslims were still struggling to rebuild their churches and mosques, and that many remained afraid to come and worship. Yet Buru told reporters his group was working to rebuild three Mosques and that a Muslim organization was helping rebuild Christian churches.

Buru added:

“Wherever Christians are, let’s stand up and begin to defend the mosques and protect the mosques, including the Muslims too. So that in the Muslim dominated areas, too, those that protect the churches and the Christians too so that we will live in peace and harmony in this country.”

Would the christians on this board do the same for Muslims?

this is nothing but a bait thread and a troll thread

hell, you trolled it by the post by lying about what i said

Last edited:

Its a legit news story and the question was pretty simple.

Even for a "lawyer".

Instead, you hide behind childish insults. As usual.

:lame2:

Simply because a troll turned up and called it a "bait" thread doesn't make it one.

The intention of the OP was to determine if there are Christians in this forum willing to actually follow in the footsteps of their savior.

And I can probably name a couple who would do just that.

200 Muslim Men Surround Christian Church On Christmas Day…To Protect Worshippers

Author: Elisabeth Parker December 29, 2014 10:13 pm

We often hear about strife between Muslims and Christians, so it’s heartening to hear good news for a change. Vanguard reports 200 young Muslim men surrounded a Christian church in Kaduna, Nigeria on Christmas day to protect the worshippers within.

Pastor Yohanna Buru of the Christ Evangelical Church told reporters, “I really appreciate their love and care,’’ and explained that this is one of many ongoing interfaith efforts to encourage Christians and Muslims to live together peacefully. Yohanna Buru is also the president of the Peace Revival and Reconciliation foundation of Nigeria, a Christian group that seeks to make peace and form interfaith alliances with Muslim organizations.

Kaduna — and Nigeria as a whole — have suffered attacks by extremist groups like Boko Haram for decades. In 2000, Christians and Muslims clashed when the state of Kaduna introduced Sharia law, even though half of the state’s population is non-Muslim. The riots killed thousands and reduced untold numbers of churches and mosques to rubble. In 2012, more riots broke out when suicide bombers blew up three churches and killed 52 people.

In June 2013, Voice of America reported Christians and Muslims were still struggling to rebuild their churches and mosques, and that many remained afraid to come and worship. Yet Buru told reporters his group was working to rebuild three Mosques and that a Muslim organization was helping rebuild Christian churches.

Buru added:

“Wherever Christians are, let’s stand up and begin to defend the mosques and protect the mosques, including the Muslims too. So that in the Muslim dominated areas, too, those that protect the churches and the Christians too so that we will live in peace and harmony in this country.”

I would really hope so, what a great story. Thanks for sharing it.

Simply because a troll turned up and called it a "bait" thread doesn't make it one.

The intention of the OP was to determine if there are Christians in this forum willing to actually follow in the footsteps of their savior.

And I can probably name a couple who would do just that.

and if people say they wouldn't? what then? oh yeah....the bait and troll.

pretty simple if you're not so biased

Even for a "lawyer".

you went beyond the news story and baited christians. we all know your response if christians said they wouldn't and that is exactly what you're hoping for. why are you obsessed with my private life?

you whine about childish insults and then put "lawyer" in quotes...fuck you troll.

life, get one.

Even for a "lawyer".

you went beyond the news story and baited christians. we all know your response if christians said they wouldn't and that is exactly what you're hoping for. why are you obsessed with my private life?

you whine about childish insults and then put "lawyer" in quotes...fuck you troll.

life, get one.

It was a perfectly legitimate question given how some here have been so virulently anti muslims.

This is the first time I have heard that you claim to be a "lawyer". I have to admit I am skeptical given your posts.

Bait thread or not...the story is great. We need to hear more about this than the killer muslims who want to kill YOU!

Unfortunately, no, Christians would not do the same for Muslims.

I disagree. I believe that there are Christians in this forum who would protect a mosque if the worshiper's lives were threatened. There are many here who are better people than you give them credit for.

How many Americans have died to protect Muslims? How many Christians have died to help the Muslims?

Christians defend, protect, and help Muslims every second! We give them money, we offer our military, and we shed blood for them. We provide them shelter when they are homeless, we give them food when they are hungry....we have done MUCH more than you give us credit for.

I don't agree.

I've said it before - I believe there are good and bad people of all races, colors, creeds, religions. I believe there are good and decent people who consider themselves Christians. I believe there are many MANY people who would hold out their hand to help another human being without ever wondering how they voted or what god they believe in.

Even for a "lawyer".

life, get one.

It was a perfectly legitimate question given how some here have been so virulently anti muslims.

This is the first time I have heard that you claim to be a "lawyer". I have to admit I am skeptical given your posts.

where did i claim i am a lawyer?

you're entitled to your opinion about the question, but you know deep down that luddly asked it as a bait question to challenge the christians on this board.

further, i'm glad that these 200 muslims did this, but luddly of course completely glosses over the REASON they did this. fact is, there are good and bad christians, just as there are good and bad muslims. but all i see from luddly is criticism of christians and praise for muslims.

ll, they said you started a bait thread. It could have been, I don't see it and give you the benefit of the doubt. If only you would turn to the light of teaperism, I could blindly accept your intentions.

Even for a "lawyer".

life, get one.

where did i claim i am a lawyer?

you're entitled to your opinion about the question, but you know deep down that luddly asked it as a bait question to challenge the christians on this board.

further, i'm glad that these 200 muslims did this, but luddly of course completely glosses over the REASON they did this. fact is, there are good and bad christians, just as there are good and bad muslims. but all i see from luddly is criticism of christians and praise for muslims.

If you didn't claim to be a lawyer then why did you react so virulently to having the term lawyer put in quotes?

And no, I don't know deep down anything of the sort. It was an uplifting story about reconciliation between faiths that have been at loggerheads and it was perfectly legitimate to see if that was reciprocated here in USMB.

I have seen stories where young Jews and Palestinians have reconciled. Would it be baiting if I posted those and asked a similar question of our Jewish and Muslim posters here in USMB?

If not then what is the difference other than your opinion?

ll, they said you started a bait thread. It could have been, I don't see it and give you the benefit of the doubt. If only you would turn to the light of teaperism, I could blindly accept your intentions.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back