Record Events for Fri Oct 8, 2010 through Thu Oct 14, 2010
Total Records: 1558
Rainfall: 174
Snowfall: 2
High Temperatures: 998
Low Temperatures: 62
Lowest Max Temperatures: 10
Highest Min Temperatures: 312

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

I agree, your propensity for self flagelation is astonishing!

Every thread you have ever started on this board was attacking global warming except for one attacking "Obamacare." No "life long Democrat" would use the term "Obamacare."

Sorry, you are busted. :lol:

I wonder how long it is going to take Chris to realize the weather stations are 80% heat sink effected? It is really going to be a shock when the record lows start soon.

Liberty, you rock, dude!

I wonder how long it will take you to realize the North Polar ice cap is melting.

Liberty, you rock, dude!

I wonder how long it will take you to realize the North Polar ice cap is melting.

I wonder how long it will take you to notice we don't give a flying fuck.

I wonder how long it is going to take Chris to realize the weather stations are 80% heat sink effected? It is really going to be a shock when the record lows start soon.

I wonder how long you are going to keep repeating that lie. The temperature graphs of the satellite observations track right along with the ground stations.

September 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.60 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Yes, they calibrate the satellites to match. How convenient. The Antarctic ice caps are having a net gain. I don't see you jumping up and down about how good that is. By the way, where is your predicted flood of epic proportions from the melt?

I wonder how long you are going to keep repeating that lie. The temperature graphs of the satellite observations track right along with the ground stations.

Yes, they calibrate the satellites to match. How convenient. The Antarctic ice caps are having a net gain. I don't see you jumping up and down about how good that is. By the way, where is your predicted flood of epic proportions from the melt?

I see. A huge conspiracy involving the scientists and space agencies in the US, Europe, China, and Japan. And all the people recording the temperatures on all the inhabited continents. Been fitted for a tinfoil hat lately?

Antarctica is losing ice at an accelerating rate.

Antarctic Ice Sheet Melting Speeds Up

Ice loss in Antarctica increased by 75 percent in the last 10 years due to a speed-up in the flow of its glaciers and is now nearly as great as that observed in Greenland, according to a new, comprehensive study by NASA and university scientists.

In a first-of-its-kind study, an international team led by Eric Rignot of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., and the University of California, Irvine, estimated changes in Antarctica's ice mass between 1996 and 2006 and mapped patterns of ice loss on a glacier-by-glacier basis. They detected a sharp jump in Antarctica's ice loss, from enough ice to raise global sea level by 0.3 millimeters (.01 inches) a year in 1996, to 0.5 millimeters (.02 inches) a year in 2006.

Rignot said the losses, which were primarily concentrated in West Antarctica's Pine Island Bay sector and the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula, are caused by ongoing and past acceleration of glaciers into the sea. This is mostly a result of warmer ocean waters, which bathe the buttressing floating sections of glaciers, causing them to thin or collapse. "Changes in Antarctic glacier flow are having a significant, if not dominant, impact on the mass balance of the Antarctic ice sheet," he said.

And then there is the accelerating sea level rise

NASA GISS: Science Briefs: Sea Level Rise

Sea level could rise 40 to 65 cm by the year 2100, due to predicted greenhouse-gas-induced climate warming. Such a sea level rise would threaten coastal cities, ports, and wetlands with more frequent flooding, enhanced beach erosion, and saltwater encroachment into coastal streams and aquifers. Therefore, it is important to study records of how sea level has been changing.

Sea level has fluctuated dramatically in geologic times. It was 2-6 m above the present level during the last interglacial period, 125,000 years ago, but 120 m below present during the last Ice Age, 20,000 years ago. In the last 100 years it has increased by 10-25 cm. However, future sea level is very difficult to predict, because not enough is known about how the ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica will react to global warming. Furthermore, local sea level is affected by many regional processes, including tides, ocean currents, and geographically-varying land movements. These Earth motions are caused by ongoing adjustments of Earth's crust to the removal of the former ice sheets, tectonic deformation, subsidence of river deltas under sediment loads, and extraction of underground water, oil, or natural gas near the coast

Of course we all know that the Geologists and other such evil scientists in NASA are all in on some subversive plot to fool all of us.

I see. A huge conspiracy involving the scientists and space agencies in the US, Europe, China, and Japan. And all the people recording the temperatures on all the inhabited continents. Been fitted for a tinfoil hat lately?

Ice loss in Antarctica increased by 75 percent in the last 10 years due to a speed-up in the flow of its glaciers and is now nearly as great as that observed in Greenland, according to a new, comprehensive study by NASA and university scientists.

In a first-of-its-kind study, an international team led by Eric Rignot of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., and the University of California, Irvine, estimated changes in Antarctica's ice mass between 1996 and 2006 and mapped patterns of ice loss on a glacier-by-glacier basis. They detected a sharp jump in Antarctica's ice loss, from enough ice to raise global sea level by 0.3 millimeters (.01 inches) a year in 1996, to 0.5 millimeters (.02 inches) a year in 2006.

Rignot said the losses, which were primarily concentrated in West Antarctica's Pine Island Bay sector and the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula, are caused by ongoing and past acceleration of glaciers into the sea. This is mostly a result of warmer ocean waters, which bathe the buttressing floating sections of glaciers, causing them to thin or collapse. "Changes in Antarctic glacier flow are having a significant, if not dominant, impact on the mass balance of the Antarctic ice sheet," he said.

Sea level could rise 40 to 65 cm by the year 2100, due to predicted greenhouse-gas-induced climate warming. Such a sea level rise would threaten coastal cities, ports, and wetlands with more frequent flooding, enhanced beach erosion, and saltwater encroachment into coastal streams and aquifers. Therefore, it is important to study records of how sea level has been changing.

Sea level has fluctuated dramatically in geologic times. It was 2-6 m above the present level during the last interglacial period, 125,000 years ago, but 120 m below present during the last Ice Age, 20,000 years ago. In the last 100 years it has increased by 10-25 cm. However, future sea level is very difficult to predict, because not enough is known about how the ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica will react to global warming. Furthermore, local sea level is affected by many regional processes, including tides, ocean currents, and geographically-varying land movements. These Earth motions are caused by ongoing adjustments of Earth's crust to the removal of the former ice sheets, tectonic deformation, subsidence of river deltas under sediment loads, and extraction of underground water, oil, or natural gas near the coast

Of course we all know that the Geologists and other such evil scientists in NASA are all in on some subversive plot to fool all of us.

1996? n You have to go all the way back to 1996 to find something that confirms your horse crap! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That takes the cake for the most untimely link ever!:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously Old Rocks, 1996? A scientist checks his data and model carefully before reporting.

1996? n You have to go all the way back to 1996 to find something that confirms your horse crap! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That takes the cake for the most untimely link ever!:lol::lol::lol:

A NASA News Release - Janruary 23, 2008 Ice loss in Antarctica increased by 75 percent in the last 10 years due to a speed-up in the flow of its glaciers and is now nearly as great as that observed in Greenland, according to a new, comprehensive study by NASA and university scientists.

nsf.gov - National Science Foundation (NSF) News - Indian Ocean Sea-Level Rise Threatens Coastal Areas - US National Science Foundation (NSF)

July 14, 2010

Indian Ocean sea levels are rising unevenly and threatening residents in some densely populated coastal areas and islands, a new study concludes.

The study, led by scientists at the University of Colorado at Boulder (CU) and the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder, Colo., finds that the sea-level rise is at least partly a result of climate change.

Sea-level rise is particularly high along the coastlines of the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea, as well as the islands of Sri Lanka, Sumatra and Java, the authors found.

The rise--which may aggravate monsoon flooding in Bangladesh and India--could have future impacts on both regional and global climate.

OK. The 1996 article made predictions concerning the effects of sea level rise. Here are some of those predictions happening currently. Of course, the National Science Foundations is one of them thar commie organizations, right, Walleyes?

show6_ice_age.jpg

When Warmers Dream

What type of idiot believes sea level rises in one place and not another?

Ever use a water level? Go ANYWHERE in the room and its the SAME.

Keep telling yourself that crap! Spencer is a world renowned DENIER and Stuttering LimpTard THE Jackass' climatologist. Do you really think Spencer is going to fudge the numbers to favor global warming, especially after he was already caught fudging the data to make it colder???? Whatever Spencer "reports" you know it's warmer.

August 9, 2007
RUSH: I got a note here from our official climatologist Roy Spencer, University of Alabama at Huntsville.* He is a genuine scientist and has been doing some research and he released the research today in Geophysical Research Letters.*

Last edited:
'The corrections for deformations of the Earth's crust have a considerable effect on the amount of ice that is estimated to be melting each year. We have concluded that the Greenland and West Antarctica ice caps are melting at approximately half the speed originally predicted.' The average rise in sea levels as a result of the melting ice caps is also lower.

Melting rate of ice caps in Greenland and Western Antarctica lower than expected | e! Science News
So you admit the ice is melting and the sea is rising, just at a different rate! :clap2:

Forum List

Back