9-28-10
Athens, TX 48 tied for record
Dysenburg, TN 46 tied for record
Norris, TN 35, old record 38
Onieda, TN 34, old record 35
Denopolis, AL 42, old record 45

9-29-10
Sommerville Dam, TX 43 tied for record

HAMweather Climate Center - Record Low Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

Thanks "saveliberty" for proving my point.

You are the best!

This is from your own link....

Record Events for Fri Sep 24, 2010 through Thu Sep 30, 2010

Record High Temperatures: 1451
Record Low Temperatures: 45

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

Should prove to be a real time saver for you. Your welcome. Early fall tends to be a record setting time for high temps and later fall for lows. I'm patient.

I'm patient too.

The Sun just went through its lowest level of activity in 80 years, so I knew last winter was going to be a little colder than what we have seen lately. Then El Nino came along and those are always the hottest years, and with the influence of CO2...the hottest ever.

This winter won't be as cold as the last, since the Sun's activity is moving up and the influence of atmospheric CO2 grows greater every day.

Thanks again for proving that the earth is heating up greatly.

I'm patient too.

The Sun just went through its lowest level of activity in 80 years, so I knew last winter was going to be a little colder than what we have seen lately. Then El Nino came along and those are always the hottest years, and with the influence of CO2...the hottest ever.

This winter won't be as cold as the last, since the Sun's activity is moving up and the influence of atmospheric CO2 grows greater every day.

True, but the earth is now in a strong la nina like 1999, 2008 right now and that should make this year second or third, which is pretty good when you think of all the negative effects that where not around in 1998, 2005 that are around now. 1# Biggest solar minimum in 80-100 years 2# Negative PDO. The negative pdo could be the reason for the slight reverse in the downward trend in arctic sea ice.

In the solar max so far as been the weakest in at least as long and I believe the effects compound on their selfs, so a cooling effect likely is still being seen. Making it even more amazing.

There is no question in my mind that if this fucking la nina would of stayed weak instead of going strong 2010 would of blown 2005 and 1998 out of the fucking water.

Last edited:
The summer of 2010, among the hottest on record, warmed up Long Island Sound enough to create life-threatening conditions to marine life, state environmental officials say.

Specifically, according to the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection, a lack of dissolved oxygen for bottom-dwellers such as lobsters, fluke, clams, young sea robins, menhaden and cunner – a condition known as "hypoxia" – effectively suffocated those species.

"If we do continue to get this increase in temperatures, we may get a shift in the species of the Long Island Sound," Matthew Lyman, an environmental analyst with the DEP, told Patch.

According to Joe Pollina, a meteorologist at the Upton, N.Y.-based National Weather Service, which runs an observation site in Bridgeport, 2010 was "the warmest summer on record" since 1948, with average temperatures of 75 degrees.

Hot Summer Temps Suffocate Long Island Sound Marine Life - Fairfield, CT Patch

Portugal has just emerged from the second hottest summer on record, the Portuguese Met Office revealed this week.

Following on news that July had been the hottest since 1931, it was revealed this week that the summer of 2010, taking into account the months of June, July and August, was the hottest for 79 years.

This past summer, according to the Met Office, witnessed average temperatures of 23ºC on mainland Portugal which is 1.7ºC above the average for the reference period, which is 1971 to 2000. Average maximum temperatures this past summer were 30ºC, which is a staggering 2.5ºC above what the Met Office considers normal, while thermometers sat at an average minimum of 15.9ºC, which is 1ºC above what weathermen would expect for that time of the year.

Second hottest summer on record

I'm patient too.

Single day record highs doesn't equate to rising global temperatures. So far this year alone we have found out the following:

The ice caps are melting at half the rate science reported.
A majority of weather stations are near heat sources.
Satellite and station data are basically a monopoly of a few scientists who immediately "correct" the data.

Party is over and with the economy as is, funding will dry up soon.

I'm patient too.

Single day record highs doesn't equate to rising global temperatures. So far this year alone we have found out the following:

Satellite and station data are basically a monopoly of a few scientists who immediately "correct" the data.

All we found out was that you are full of shit.

1,400 record highs last week vs 49 record lows.

You just blew your own bs out of the water.

Thanks for that. You are the best!

RICHMOND, Va. -- Despite some recent rainfall, Virginia tobacco growers are waiting to see how this summer's prolonged dry spell and exceptionally hot weather affects the state's crop.

The state sweltered under its hottest summer on record and drought conditions have been widespread. More than 35 Virginia localities have sought designation as disaster areas to give farmers access to emergency assistance programs.

Dry spell could hurt Virginia's tobacco crop - Forbes.com

I'm patient too.

You really don't understand climate research do you. I disproved the reliability of every weather station you quoted in the last week. You ahve to save face by twisting the meaning of what temperature highs mean. :cuckoo:

You really don't understand climate research do you. I disproved the reliability of every weather station you quoted in the last week. You ahve to save face by twisting the meaning of what temperature highs mean. :cuckoo:

Really, my friend, you are the best.

You are the first person I've seen that provided a link that totally disproved their position.

Thanks!!!

Chris, you are amusing. You should have realized by now, I rarely give my opponents information that can really hurt me. Had you done your research, you would realize we are well ahead of record lows for this time of year. Heavy snowfalls, and a very cold winter is coming soon.

Chris, you are amusing. You should have realized by now, I rarely give my opponents information that can really hurt me. Had you done your research, you would realize we are well ahead of record lows for this time of year. Heavy snowfalls, and a very cold winter is coming soon.

You rarely give information at all.

Because the facts prove you are wrong.

Well ahead of record lows for this time of year?

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Fear response. So...you going to trot out the source showing we are not ahead of normal for record lows this time of year?

Your facts got slammed hard on this thread.

Bullshit.

Fear response. So...you going to trot out the source showing we are not ahead of normal for record lows this time of year?

Your facts got slammed hard on this thread.

You are the one that made the claim.

Where's your link?

Record Events for Sun Sep 26, 2010 through Sat Oct 2, 2010
Total Records: 2639
Rainfall: 802
Snowfall: 6
High Temperatures: 1169
Low Temperatures: 46
Lowest Max Temperatures: 66
Highest Min Temperatures: 550

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

Saveliberty,

Chris has no "facts" in the true sense of the meaning. He has "truthiness" facts. Look it up you'll laugh.

Forum List

Back