2010 The hottest year on record

Still having above normal temperatures in many parts of the world, yet we are in a moderate to strong La Nina. If the pattern of immediate switchs in ENSO continue, with no neutral periods, we could have one hell of a summer next year.

Climate Prediction Center - Seasonal Outlook

MODERATE-TO-STRONG LA NINA CONDITIONS CONTINUE IN THE TROPICAL PACIFIC OCEAN. SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES (SSTS) IN THE TROPICAL PACIFIC HAVE DECLINED TO VALUES RANGING FROM 1 TO 2.5 DEGREES C BELOW LONG-TERM AVERAGES. BUOY MEASUREMENTS OF OCEAN TEMPERATURE FROM THE SURFACE TO 600 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE INDICATE THE EXISTENCE OF A POOL OF SUBSURFACE WATER WHICH IS FROM 1 TO 6 CENTIGRADE DEGREES COOLER THAN LONG TERM AVERAGES, BETWEEN ABOUT THE DATE LINE TO NEAR THE COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA, WITH COLDEST TEMPERATURES BETWEEN ABOUT 50 AND 125 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE, BETWEEN ABOUT 160W AND 110W. THIS FEATURE SUPPORTS THE MAINTENANCE AND CONTINUATION OF THIS LA NINA EVENT.

These temperatures are fiction.

GISS : Fighting For #1 | Real Science

Your blog is fiction. You claim to be a scientist, then post sites from unknown bloggers rather than real scientists. The people at NOAA, unlike you, are real scientists.

More bullshit from mdn. When will he stop making up such easy to check out lies?

As you can see from the paragraph, sillcon tetrachloride is an intermediate step, not a byproduct of the process of making very pure silicon. And when it shows up as pollution, it is an indication of inefficiency and profit loss.

Silicon tetrachloride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Silicon tetrachloride is sometimes used as an intermediate in the manufacture of extremely pure silicon, since it has a boiling point convenient for purification by repeated fractional distillation; it can be reduced to silicon by hydrogen gas, or hydrolysed to SiO2 as a precursor for extremely pure synthetic fused silica. Very pure silicon derived from silicon tetrachloride is used in large amounts in the semiconductor industry, and also in the production of photovoltaic cells. Reports of silicon tetrachloride pollution in China have been associated with the increased demand for photovoltaic cells that has been stimulated by subsidy programs.[2]

Old Crock, you are dumb-funny, so dumb I have to laugh at you, I don't even need a link, thanks.

Sometimes, how often is sometimes, is this a decision the plant manager makes at the beginning of the day or is this a decision made by the engineer that designs the manufacturing plant according to the environmental laws or lack of in the country the said plant will be built.

Your link even states there is tetrachloride pollution in China.

Reports of silicon tetrachloride pollution in China have been associated with the increased demand for photovoltaic cells that has been stimulated by subsidy programs

As the link states that the pollution was created by the demand of Green Energy and the subsidies in the USA.

Thanks Old Crock, according to your source, we are now responsible for cleaning the pollution in China because of all the subsidized solar farms in Oregon, which Oregon cannot pay for so Obama is giving Oregon billions of dollars, hence the entire nation will pay for cleaning pollution in China and pay Old Crock' Clean electric bill.

Old Crock, more bullshit from me, yet Old Crock's post states what I said.

Your a great opponent. Your cleverness is dazzling.

Yes this is par for the course with olfraud. He links without understanding what exactly it is they are saying. My wife has a friend who is the head of the Arapahoe County Psych Department, and she calls people like olfraud "factual posturers" a term I adore as it fits so many of the greenies.

Sure, Walleyes, sure. And you post from political sites and dumb ass blogs. How about some real scientists, other than those in the employ of tobacco companies and energy corperations. Not many of those around on your side of the debate. Have you noticed that, ol' Walleyes? You have people like Frank and mdn. Your peer group. You and Kookybill, a real team.

Still having above normal temperatures in many parts of the world, yet we are in a moderate to strong La Nina. If the pattern of immediate switchs in ENSO continue, with no neutral periods, we could have one hell of a summer next year.

MODERATE-TO-STRONG LA NINA CONDITIONS CONTINUE IN THE TROPICAL PACIFIC OCEAN. SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES (SSTS) IN THE TROPICAL PACIFIC HAVE DECLINED TO VALUES RANGING FROM 1 TO 2.5 DEGREES C BELOW LONG-TERM AVERAGES. BUOY MEASUREMENTS OF OCEAN TEMPERATURE FROM THE SURFACE TO 600 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE INDICATE THE EXISTENCE OF A POOL OF SUBSURFACE WATER WHICH IS FROM 1 TO 6 CENTIGRADE DEGREES COOLER THAN LONG TERM AVERAGES, BETWEEN ABOUT THE DATE LINE TO NEAR THE COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA, WITH COLDEST TEMPERATURES BETWEEN ABOUT 50 AND 125 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE, BETWEEN ABOUT 160W AND 110W. THIS FEATURE SUPPORTS THE MAINTENANCE AND CONTINUATION OF THIS LA NINA EVENT.

Your blog is fiction. You claim to be a scientist, then post sites from unknown bloggers rather than real scientists. The people at NOAA, unlike you, are real scientists.

you think anyone who doesn't suck on algore is not a real scientist.

you think anyone who doesn't suck on algore is not a real scientist.

Sheesh, Rent-A-Boy, back to your penis fixation again. :eek:

no cumstain, just wondering when you'll stop fellating algore. Tell the truth. that was you in a wig acting as his masseuse, wasn't it.

Then why is NOAA being sued for knowingly disseminating false temperature data?

Old Crock, you are dumb-funny, so dumb I have to laugh at you, I don't even need a link, thanks.

Sometimes, how often is sometimes, is this a decision the plant manager makes at the beginning of the day or is this a decision made by the engineer that designs the manufacturing plant according to the environmental laws or lack of in the country the said plant will be built.

As the link states that the pollution was created by the demand of Green Energy and the subsidies in the USA.

Thanks Old Crock, according to your source, we are now responsible for cleaning the pollution in China because of all the subsidized solar farms in Oregon, which Oregon cannot pay for so Obama is giving Oregon billions of dollars, hence the entire nation will pay for cleaning pollution in China and pay Old Crock' Clean electric bill.

Yes this is par for the course with olfraud. He links without understanding what exactly it is they are saying. My wife has a friend who is the head of the Arapahoe County Psych Department, and she calls people like olfraud "factual posturers" a term I adore as it fits so many of the greenies.

Sure, Walleyes, sure. And you post from political sites and dumb ass blogs. How about some real scientists, other than those in the employ of tobacco companies and energy corperations. Not many of those around on your side of the debate. Have you noticed that, ol' Walleyes? You have people like Frank and mdn. Your peer group. You and Kookybill, a real team.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!:lol::lol::lol: I'll tell you what, you can no longer post drivel from the politically motivated and biased sources you love and I will only post from scientists from MIT, and other universities of similar repute.

Because the oil and coal industries are a very powerful political influence in this country.

Since you "used to work for the oil industry", you should know.

The latest figures are in from NASA and, surprise, surprise, this remains the warmest year on the planet since they started tracking temperatures 131 years ago. Last month was the third warmest October, ensuring that temperatures from January to October were still the highest on record.

Top of the heat: At this rate 2010 will beat out the other years at the top of the list -- 1998, 2007, and the current leader, 2005. And so far November is tracking at a record level. What makes this more significant, says NASA, is that the record temperatures have come during a "minimum of solar irradiance," when temperatures would be expected to drop. [Climate Progress]

They're definitely noticing the difference in Moscow. It's nothing like the hideous heat wave that baked the city last summer, but temperatures have been running more than 20 degrees above the November average, which is 30 degrees F. [TerraDaily]

2010 still on track to be hottest on record | Grist

OK, flap yap, by whom? The only suits I saw pending against NOAA concerned fishing and seals.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!:lol::lol::lol: I'll tell you what, you can no longer post drivel from the politically motivated and biased sources you love and I will only post from scientists from MIT, and other universities of similar repute.

You mean like this?

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2009/roulette-0519.html

The most comprehensive modeling yet carried out on the likelihood of how much hotter the Earth's climate will get in this century shows that without rapid and massive action, the problem will be about twice as severe as previously estimated six years ago - and could be even worse than that.

The study uses the MIT Integrated Global Systems Model, a detailed computer simulation of global economic activity and climate processes that has been developed and refined by the Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change since the early 1990s. The new research involved 400 runs of the model with each run using slight variations in input parameters, selected so that each run has about an equal probability of being correct based on present observations and knowledge. Other research groups have estimated the probabilities of various outcomes, based on variations in the physical response of the climate system itself. But the MIT model is the only one that interactively includes detailed treatment of possible changes in human activities as well - such as the degree of economic growth, with its associated energy use, in different countries.

Study co-author Ronald Prinn, the co-director of the Joint Program and director of MIT's Center for Global Change Science, says that, regarding global warming, it is important "to base our opinions and policies on the peer-reviewed science," he says. And in the peer-reviewed literature, the MIT model, unlike any other, looks in great detail at the effects of economic activity coupled with the effects of atmospheric, oceanic and biological systems. "In that sense, our work is unique," he says.

EcoTarium Exhibit Showcases MIT Global Warming Studies | Worcester Business Journal

EcoTarium Exhibit Showcases MIT Global Warming Studies
By Brandon Butler

Worcester Business Journal Staff Writer
02/25/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new exhibit created in part by scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology studying the impacts of climate change, is set to open March 2 at the Worcester EcoTarium.

The exhibit, named Seasons of Change, Global Warming in Your Backyard, uses touch-screen computers to allow visitors to make decisions about energy usage around the world. Then, the effects of those decisions are calculated out until the year 2075 to see what the impact would be.

The program was developed by a partnership between MIT, MIT's Sloan School of Management, the New England Sciences Center Collaborative, the Sustainability Institute, Brown University and the Environmental Defense Fund. It will run through mid-June

MIT, one of the best places to get good information, in spite of a certain tobacco and energy company shill that resides there.

http://globalchange.mit.edu/files/document/MITJPSPGC_Rpt169.pdf

A.P. Sokolov*, P.H. Stone*, C.E. Forest*, R. Prinn*, M.C. Sarofim*, M. Webster*, S.
Paltsev*, C.A. Schlosser*, D. Kicklighter†, S. Dutkiewicz*, J. Reilly*, C. Wang*, B. Felzer‡,
J. Melillo†, and H.D. Jacoby*
Abstract
The MIT Integrated Global System Model is used to make probabilistic projections of climate
change from 1861 to 2100. Since the model’s first projections were published in 2003 substantial
improvements have been made to the model and improved estimates of the probability
distributions of uncertain input parameters have become available. The new projections are
considerably warmer than the 2003 projections, e.g., the median surface warming in 2091 to
2100 is 5.1oC compared to 2.4oC in the earlier study. Many changes contribute to the stronger
warming; among the more important ones are taking into account the cooling in the second half
of the 20th century due to volcanic eruptions for input parameter estimation and a more
sophisticated method for projecting GDP growth which eliminated many low emission scenarios.
However, if recently published data, suggesting stronger 20th century ocean warming, are used
to determine the input climate parameters, the median projected warning at the end of the 21st
century is only 4.1oC. Nevertheless all our simulations have a very small probability of warming
less than 2.4oC, the lower bound of the IPCC AR4 projected likely range for the A1FI scenario,
which has forcing very similar to our median projection. The probability distribution for the
surface warming produced by our analysis is more symmetric than the distribution assumed by
the IPCC due to a different feedback between the climate and the carbon cycle, resulting from a
different treatment of the carbon-nitrogen interaction in the terrestrial ecosystem.

For each ton of polysilicon produced, four tons of silicon tetrachloride are generated. That is a fact, how many tons of poly silicon were consumed by the Nellis AFB's Sunpower Solar plant.

Where were the panels manufactured.

Is it an insult if its true, if I call you a six-figure-mind, that is how you asked to be identified, you expect your post to be accepted based on your intelligence, as proved by the amount of money you tell us you make, you make six figures, so give us some six figure answers with six figures of fact, not just a link, any idiot can link, you make six figures, did you do that linking to stories and ignoring points of fact.

Is it an insult or a descriptive analysis of Chris and his six-figure posts.

More bullshit from mdn. When will he stop making up such easy to check out lies?

As you can see from the paragraph, sillcon tetrachloride is an intermediate step, not a byproduct of the process of making very pure silicon. And when it shows up as pollution, it is an indication of inefficiency and profit loss.

Silicon tetrachloride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Silicon tetrachloride is sometimes used as an intermediate in the manufacture of extremely pure silicon, since it has a boiling point convenient for purification by repeated fractional distillation; it can be reduced to silicon by hydrogen gas, or hydrolysed to SiO2 as a precursor for extremely pure synthetic fused silica. Very pure silicon derived from silicon tetrachloride is used in large amounts in the semiconductor industry, and also in the production of photovoltaic cells. Reports of silicon tetrachloride pollution in China have been associated with the increased demand for photovoltaic cells that has been stimulated by subsidy programs.[2]

Silicon tetrachloride is sometimes used as an intermediate in the manufacture of extremely pure silicon

Reports of silicon tetrachloride pollution in China have been associated with the increased demand for photovoltaic cells that has been stimulated by subsidy programs

Old Crock, I think you missed this, another example where your link shows your wrong, I may take time to look at your last link, I bet if we see the study it states something different than what you believe you posted.

Because the oil and coal industries are a very powerful political influence in this country.

Since you "used to work for the oil industry", you should know.

Ummmmm, the organizations suing NOAA are scientific groups and weather dissemination companies...not the oil companies. If you had half a brain you would know that.

The latest figures are in from NASA and, surprise, surprise, this remains the warmest year on the planet since they started tracking temperatures 131 years ago. Last month was the third warmest October, ensuring that temperatures from January to October were still the highest on record.

Top of the heat: At this rate 2010 will beat out the other years at the top of the list -- 1998, 2007, and the current leader, 2005. And so far November is tracking at a record level. What makes this more significant, says NASA, is that the record temperatures have come during a "minimum of solar irradiance," when temperatures would be expected to drop. [Climate Progress]

They're definitely noticing the difference in Moscow. It's nothing like the hideous heat wave that baked the city last summer, but temperatures have been running more than 20 degrees above the November average, which is 30 degrees F. [TerraDaily]

2010 still on track to be hottest on record | Grist

Only because they're massaging the figures Chris. Of course if it fits your religious dogma then you're all for it aren't you. If they were massaging the other way you would be screaming your head off. A most useful idiot you are my preciousssss...yesss.

EcoTarium Exhibit Showcases MIT Global Warming Studies | Worcester Business Journal

EcoTarium Exhibit Showcases MIT Global Warming Studies
By Brandon Butler

Worcester Business Journal Staff Writer
02/25/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new exhibit created in part by scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology studying the impacts of climate change, is set to open March 2 at the Worcester EcoTarium.

The exhibit, named Seasons of Change, Global Warming in Your Backyard, uses touch-screen computers to allow visitors to make decisions about energy usage around the world. Then, the effects of those decisions are calculated out until the year 2075 to see what the impact would be.

The program was developed by a partnership between MIT, MIT's Sloan School of Management, the New England Sciences Center Collaborative, the Sustainability Institute, Brown University and the Environmental Defense Fund. It will run through mid-June

Nope you have to use the MIT source only. Not the biased ECO BLOG of a newspaper. Sheesh, you can't follow directions at all can you?

Forum List

Back