2012 NBA Playoffs

I didn't watch Game 6; but fixed or not (and of course it is); the Celts clearly did not show up to play. They'll need another great game in Miami. That was a total waste; just like SA wasted their chances despite the fix.

I watched the first 5 minutes and turned the channel, the game was rigged, Lebron was literally making every shot and the Celtics were totally flat, nobody showed up to play. The refs already did their job in this series by stealing game 2 and handing it to Miami, Miami is going to totally go off in the next game and go to the Finals, looks like Stern got what he wants. The house always wins I guess.

Thats not going to happen tonight, Stern has money to make and Miami Heat NBA Finals merchandise to sell, they can't afford to let a team like the Celtics get in the way of that.

I hope you're wrong, but it's pretty obvious the NBA is on some sort of fix. :thup:

Think of it like this, when the refs help Miami win the next 2 games it will cause alot of hype and drama for the OKC V.S Heat Finals, it will break records and sell alot of merchandise, we got to make this money and sell this merchandise ya heard? This is the new rivalry the NBA is dying to sell us, Lebron v.s Durant but it can't happen unless they face off in the Finals.

It's the same way in the NHL. Gary Bettman hates the NJ Devils because they're a tiny market and they always do well in the playoffs and get to the finals a lot. I hate the Devils, being a Flyers fan, but I can easily recognize when the refs are obviously being much harder on NJ than other teams.

I hope you're wrong, but it's pretty obvious the NBA is on some sort of fix. :thup:

Think of it like this, when the refs help Miami win the next 2 games it will cause alot of hype and drama for the OKC V.S Heat Finals, it will break records and sell alot of merchandise, we got to make this money and sell this merchandise ya heard? This is the new rivalry the NBA is dying to sell us, Lebron v.s Durant but it can't happen unless they face off in the Finals.

It's the same way in the NHL. Gary Bettman hates the NJ Devils because they're a tiny market and they always do well in the playoffs and get to the finals a lot. I hate the Devils, being a Flyers fan, but I can easily recognize when the refs are obviously being much harder on NJ than other teams.

Yup thats basically how its going down now in the Celtics/Heat series, Stern hates the Celtics because they have been a thorn in the side of his boy Lebron for years now and they are the last thing standing in the way between Lebron and the NBA Finals, the refs rigging game 2 of the series was genius because that gave Miami enough breathing room to come back in the series, without that it would have been 4-1 Boston already.

Not to mention Stern got a game 7, which is what he wanted because that will make alot of money from the viewers alone. That asshole is gonna get hard when the Heat win tomorrow and advance to the Finals.

Yup thats basically how its going down now in the Celtics/Heat series, Stern hates the Celtics because they have been a thorn in the side of his boy Lebron for years now and they are the last thing standing in the way between Lebron and the NBA Finals, the refs rigging game 2 of the series was genius because that gave Miami enough breathing room to come back in the series, without that it would have been 4-1 Boston already.
I don't know why they make such a big deal about this guy, he chokes on cock everytime the pressure is on in big playoff games. What good is that much talent if you can't bring home a trophy?

Not to mention Stern got a game 7, which is what he wanted because that will make alot of money from the viewers alone. That asshole is gonna get hard when the Heat win tomorrow and advance to the Finals.

Idk man, Lebron is kind of awful in those situations. We'll see though.

I don't know why they make such a big deal about this guy, he chokes on cock everytime the pressure is on in big playoff games. What good is that much talent if you can't bring home a trophy?

Its too late for that now, Lebron has been marketed and hyped up as the best basketball player on the planet for the last 10 years almost, Stern has to give this thing one last shot before he abandons Lebron and moves on to the more talented and humble Kevin Durant who people seem to like better. Stern is done with Kobe Bryant and that fool can't even get near the Finals now, and Stern even blocked a trade that would have sent Chris Paul to the Lakers because he is totally done with LA now.

Idk man, Lebron is kind of awful in those situations. We'll see though.

He won't have to be that great, everything is in their favor now. The Celtics will be behind enemy lines playing 5 on 8, the Celtics are tired and Wade will have a huge game because he is due for one, all Lebron needs to do is really just have a average game and the Heat will dance to the Finals like the little fairys they are.:doubt:

I didn't watch Game 6; but fixed or not (and of course it is); the Celts clearly did not show up to play. They'll need another great game in Miami. That was a total waste; just like SA wasted their chances despite the fix.

So the Utah Jazz were really the better team?

And every other loser you see here was actually the better team but the NBA rigged it so they lost? Please tell me

a. Which years Stern got his way?
b. Which years Stern cheated but didn't get his way?
c. Which of these teams can actually call themselves NBA Champions in your armchair quarterbacks mind?

This should be interesting. Especially coming from a guy who misses games.

1999 San Antonio Spurs 4–1 New York Knicks
2000 Los Angeles Lakers 4–2 Indiana Pacers
2001 Los Angeles Lakers 4–1 Philadelphia 76ers
2002 Los Angeles Lakers 4–0 New Jersey Nets
2003 San Antonio Spurs 4–2 New Jersey Nets
2004 Los Angeles Lakers 1–4 Detroit Pistons
2005 San Antonio Spurs 4–3 Detroit Pistons
2006 Dallas Mavericks 2–4 Miami Heat
2007 San Antonio Spurs 4–0 Cleveland Cavaliers
2008 Los Angeles Lakers 2–4 Boston Celtics
2009 Los Angeles Lakers 4–1 Orlando Magic
2010 Los Angeles Lakers 4–3 Boston Celtics
2011 Dallas Mavericks 4–2 Miami Heat

Do you think the Knicks, Pacers, 76ers or NJ got screwed? :lol:

And every other loser you see here was actually the better team but the NBA rigged it so they lost? Please tell me

c. Which of these teams can actually call themselves NBA Champions in your armchair quarterbacks mind?

So now your sitting here saying every game in every playoff series has been totally fair and called down the middle? what the fuck ever.:eusa_hand:

First of all, you're only providing examples of Finals series. That first 3-peat LA team was unstoppable, they didn't need a fix. Sometimes it's just about setting up the finals series, not about who wins it.

In a Heat v.s OKC Finals the NBA wins anyways but they would like to see Lebron win that, Lebron has been hyped as the best basketball player on earth for the last 5 years and has yet to win any championships, he is 0-2 in the Finals so far and has choked on numerous occasions in the clutch. The bottom line is Stern needs his boys to start winning championships, the Miami Heat wasn't put together to be the runner up.

Because lets face it. Across the country, I bet Lebron jersey sales are down. If he wins one, sales of his jersey will go up. Kids won't care and don't remember when he left Cleveland. All they/we respect is winning. And so if Lebron doesn't win again, he's going to be a joke. But people will be happy to see him lose. Stern doesn't want to piss us all off, does he? Durant is a guy everyone respects. Lebron not so much. Maybe Stern will realize that Durant is a better ambassador. And Lebron can continue to chase what Durant already has.

I don't know why you think stern wants what his fans don't?

Lets face it boys. The Celtics just can't deliver every night consistantly. That is their problem. Pierce, Garnett and Allen can turn it on in spurts, but not an entire game. Lebron is just running roughshot over those old boys. They are trying, but they just can't keep up. And they are playing pretty good too. They aren't giving up. They are just losing. The Celtics stink. Think they have a comeback? I doubt that. At home? Oh stern. Stop picking on us. :eusa_boohoo:

Lebrons jersey is already one of the top selling jerseys in the country regardless, you totally have no idea what you are talking about.:eusa_hand:

How come I don't see any of his jerseys? And where are these fans because I don't hear any of them rooting for Lebron to win. If his jersey sales are up, that's shocking to me. And I was just pontificating. If you notice I am not sure who Stern wants to win. I can see him wanting Lebron to win but I think the much better story is Durant wins and Lebron goes another year without one. That I'll tune in for. How about you?

But the truth is, IMO. And don't go telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, because again, I'm just thinking out loud, asshole. :lol: But the truth is, ratings were probably up the years MJ was dominating the league. And we were all rooting against him too, while also secretly worshipping him also.

But were ratings down the years Larry Bird beat Magic? No. So I don't think Stern cares who wins. Durants a superstar too you know. Led the league in scoring. He is quite simply MONEY.

So I guess it doesn't suprise me that Lebron jersey sales are high actually. I 100% agree with you. But then again, what the fuck do I know, right?

Because lets face it. Across the country, I bet Lebron jersey sales are down. If he wins one, sales of his jersey will go up. Kids won't care and don't remember when he left Cleveland. All they/we respect is winning. And so if Lebron doesn't win again, he's going to be a joke. But people will be happy to see him lose. Stern doesn't want to piss us all off, does he? Durant is a guy everyone respects. Lebron not so much. Maybe Stern will realize that Durant is a better ambassador. And Lebron can continue to chase what Durant already has.

I don't know why you think stern wants what his fans don't?

Lets face it boys. The Celtics just can't deliver every night consistantly. That is their problem. Pierce, Garnett and Allen can turn it on in spurts, but not an entire game. Lebron is just running roughshot over those old boys. They are trying, but they just can't keep up. And they are playing pretty good too. They aren't giving up. They are just losing. The Celtics stink. Think they have a comeback? I doubt that. At home? Oh stern. Stop picking on us. :eusa_boohoo:

Lebrons jersey is already one of the top selling jerseys in the country regardless, you totally have no idea what you are talking about.:eusa_hand:

How come I don't see any of his jerseys? And where are these fans because I don't hear any of them rooting for Lebron to win. If his jersey sales are up, that's shocking to me. And I was just pontificating. If you notice I am not sure who Stern wants to win. I can see him wanting Lebron to win but I think the much better story is Durant wins and Lebron goes another year without one. That I'll tune in for. How about you?

But the truth is, IMO. And don't go telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, because again, I'm just thinking out loud, asshole. :lol: But the truth is, ratings were probably up the years MJ was dominating the league. And we were all rooting against him too, while also secretly worshipping him also.

But were ratings down the years Larry Bird beat Magic? No. So I don't think Stern cares who wins. Durants a superstar too you know. Led the league in scoring. He is quite simply MONEY.

So I guess it doesn't suprise me that Lebron jersey sales are high actually. I 100% agree with you. But then again, what the fuck do I know, right?

How the hell am I supposed to know why you don't see that clowns jersey? its in the top 5 selling jersey, number 3 behind Derrick Rose and Jeremy Lin. Bottom line is that Heat Finals merchandise is a cash cow and the league is not going to miss out on it.

So now your sitting here saying every game in every playoff series has been totally fair and called down the middle? what the fuck ever.:eusa_hand:

I'm just playing devils advocate. And rubbing it in a little. The refs didn't need to cheat last night. The Celtics were just OFF. And Lebron was amazing. Ala Jordan. Ala Durant. But he will never be Jordan. Durant however has the chance. If he wins 6 championships in the next 10 years, people will be talking. Yea, he's that damn good.

The Heat don't stand a chance against the Thunder. Sweep.

How the hell am I supposed to know why you don't see that clowns jersey? its in the top 5 selling jersey, number 3 behind Derrick Rose and Jeremy Lin. Bottom line is that Heat Finals merchandise is a cash cow and the league is not going to miss out on it.

Like it or not, you are involved too. Stern is going to sell advertisements for BIG BUCKS based on ratings and your eyeballs will be part of the equasion. :eusa_whistle:

Like it or not, you are sucked in too. If you weren't, you wouldn't be here. Do you see me going off in the Soccer or Hockey forum? No, because I don't watch or care. What was the theme a couple years ago? I love this game? Say it bitch! :whip:

I'm just playing devils advocate. And rubbing it in a little. The refs didn't need to cheat last night. The Celtics were just OFF. And Lebron was amazing. Ala Jordan. Ala Durant. But he will never be Jordan. Durant however has the chance. If he wins 6 championships in the next 10 years, people will be talking. Yea, he's that damn good.

The Heat don't stand a chance against the Thunder. Sweep.

I have to agree with you there, the refs were there ready to help Miami but they didn't even really need to, the Celtics were totally flat and on life support.

Like it or not, you are involved too. Stern is going to sell advertisements for BIG BUCKS based on ratings and your eyeballs will be part of the equasion. :eusa_whistle:

Like it or not, you are sucked in too. If you weren't, you wouldn't be here. Do you see me going off in the Soccer or Hockey forum? No, because I don't watch or care. What was the theme a couple years ago? I love this game? Say it bitch! :whip:

I love the game but I hate how rigged the league has become, without the refs bailing out the Heat in game 2 this series would be over and you know it, that rigged game 2 was what Miami needed to get over and they got it.

Joey Crawford was Stern's man in Game 6 of the WCF. He made sure to get him to Miami for Game 7 of the ECF. It's obvious what he does. He doesn't even try to hide it.

And the shitty officiating continues. Two fake fouls on Ray Allen, a so-called moving screen (ESPN aint showing replays b/c they want their ratings) and James is allowed to jump on Rondo's back and no call.

Forum List

Back