2012 NBA Playoffs

This may not be a fair assessment; but Ray Allen looked like the weak link for the Celtics. I know he was injured, but he is getting older and he was not consistent with his shot. I think he still can command more money than the C's will likely want to put on the table. I think he played his last game as a Celtic. My guess is that KG will resign though. He wants to retire a Celtic.

Ray Allen looked like crap. That two hand touch swipe he made when Lebron went in for the monster dunk was pitiful. Take the charge.

Ray doesn't take charges.

Pierce is the only guy on the team who is will to step in front of a guys these days. Tony Allen and Big Baby are gone.

Then I guess they didn't want to win. What was with Rondo and Garnett walking off with shaking hands? If the Coyotes and Kings can shake hands after the way the NHL Western Conference Championship ended, then every losing team can shake hands. That was a bitch move.

Ray Allen looked like crap. That two hand touch swipe he made when Lebron went in for the monster dunk was pitiful. Take the charge.

Pierce is the only guy on the team who is will to step in front of a guys these days. Tony Allen and Big Baby are gone.

In game 7 of the conference finals you suck it up and take the charge, no?

In a perfect world you do but it's just not in his game.

Then I guess they didn't want to win. What was with Rondo and Garnett walking off with shaking hands? If the Coyotes and Kings can shake hands after the way the NHL Western Conference Championship ended, then every losing team can shake hands. That was a bitch move.

Dunno and don't care about post series hand shaking etiquette. If they don't want to shake their hands that's their business.

Yes, but I'm not sure what play he is talking about. The hammers LBJ threw down he was pretty much wide open. Chances are jumping in would have just gave him an and one.

Dunno and don't care about post series hand shaking etiquette. If they don't want to shake their hands that's their business.

Considering they probably wanted to punch them in the face, I think that's good enough. Wade f'ing broke Rondo's arm and those two clowns were total bitches about it. They were bitches to Dirk too. I'm sure they couldn't give a fuck about being friends with James and Wade.

Considering they probably wanted to punch them in the face, I think that's good enough. Wade f'ing broke Rondo's arm and those two clowns were total bitches about it. They were bitches to Dirk too. I'm sure they couldn't give a fuck about being friends with James and Wade.

Neither Lebron or Wade are likeable guys. Though I admit Lebron's stock went up in my view this series. Wade's only went down further. He was terrible nearly the whole series.

I was really hoping for some revenge on him for what he did to Rondo last year. Doc's just not the kind of guy to make that order.

True, but it is a bitch move. And that's coming from a Detroit Pistons fan. Isaih and Co. stormed off the court after Jordan beat them in 90-91 and its something they always bring up when they talk about the end of the Bad Boys or the beginning of Jordan's run. Made Detroit look bad, as if it needs any help doing that. :lol:

So if the Celtics did that, they are BITCHES!

Anways, I started watching in the beginning of the 4th. It was tied. In fact, Boston was up for a little bit. It was theirs for the taking. They did not deliver.

Yes, but I'm not sure what play he is talking about. The hammers LBJ threw down he was pretty much wide open. Chances are jumping in would have just gave him an and one.

I'm going to play devils advocate again. Remember, I'm just thinking out loud. Thought bubble number 1. It is insane to break up the Celtics. Think about it. They went to game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. Rest up in the off season and get Perkins back or someone like him and win it next year. This is what the Billups, Ben, Sheed, Prince and Rip Pistons did. They didn't win it all and so they broke up the team. Maybe it was time, but they were still very competitive.

2. If the Celtics were soooo good and the only reason they lost was because of the refs, why break up the team? This sort of blows your whole theory on its fixed. If its fixed, the Boston owner would be OUTRAGED and he would not break up this great team that still has life. Fact is, a new era has come and they are old news. Trade Garnett and Dwight Howard to the Lakers and lets get it on! :eek:

I saw this loss coming from halftime onward.

Ever since they blew game 7 of the finals against LA a couple of years back I knew they could blow just about any lead, especially on the road.

It was fun though, I certainly had no expectation of the Celts advancing this far half-way through the shortened season...now the rebuilding really begins.

Oh, and the NBA is fixed. This is why I don't watch it much. :thup:

Anways, I started watching in the beginning of the 4th. It was tied. In fact, Boston was up for a little bit. It was theirs for the taking. They did not deliver.

In the fourth they stopped running, got lazy moving the ball, weren't fighting for rebounds, and they settled for low percentage jumpshots that were coming up short. In other words, they had no legs to speak of come the fourth quarter. Lebron and co walked them down that game.

It was a helluva five year run but it's really over now. I'm damn proud of what they accomplished during that time.

Neither Lebron or Wade are likeable guys. Though I admit Lebron's stock went up in my view this series. Wade's only went down further. He was terrible nearly the whole series.

I was really hoping for some revenge on him for what he did to Rondo last year. Doc's just not the kind of guy to make that order.

Like Jordan and Kobe, you gotta respect LeBron's talent. He can play any style, hit any shot and play any position. Durant is amazing too but in a totally different way. I'd rather have Durant. Maybe more of a leader? Lebron can play but he's not a leader. And he probably leads the Heat. That's a problem when a guy who shouldn't be leading is leading. Like Lord of the Flies. :lol:

Like Jordan and Kobe, you gotta respect LeBron's talent. He can play any style, hit any shot and play any position. Durant is amazing too but in a totally different way. I'd rather have Durant. Maybe more of a leader? Lebron can play but he's not a leader. And he probably leads the Heat. That's a problem when a guy who shouldn't be leading is leading. Like Lord of the Flies. :lol:

I have nothing but respect for Lebron's talent. Kobe and obviously Jordan's too.

I'd rather have Durant too. He's more mature now at 23 than Lebron will ever be.

In the fourth they stopped running, got lazy moving the ball, weren't fighting for rebounds, and they settled for low percentage jumpshots that were coming up short. In other words, they had no legs to speak of come the fourth quarter. Lebron and co walked them down that game.

It was a helluva five year run but it's really over now. I'm damn proud of what they accomplished during that time.

Like the 2004 Pistons, the Celtics at least got one. Only 6 teams have won since Joran left. Pistons, Heat, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Dallas. Soon it will be 7 when the Thunder beat Lebron. :eusa_pray:

Bird and Magic hated each other too. But they respected each other too. Later in life they can laugh about it. And I love it how Celitcs fans and players are such sore losers. Did Miami shake hands with Dallas last year? Did they shake hands with the Celtics when the Celtics knocked them out of the playoffs? I bet they did. Like the 91 Pistons, the Celtics should have shown some class. They didn't and you can't take that back. If they don't care what people think, fine. But I think they do. In retrospect, they should have shaken hands. But whatever. Its not that big of a deal. I'm just giving you shit.

P.s. Look at what everyone is saying. They aren't crying that it was fixed. They are all in agreement that the Celtics failed the test.

PPS. Of course Jordan, I mean Lebron gets a lot of fouls called when he drives the lane. The Celtics can't stop him without fouling him. Did you see him fly to the lane and Ray Allen was like :meow:

I tell you what. It was obvious that Rondo was the second best player on the court (maybe the best). Diane Wade is over-rated.

Some days Rondo is amazing and some days he isn't. I don't get it. I think he needs more confidence. They were saying how he was shocked when the Big 3 looked at him and told him it was his team. Too bad they won't have one more year to try. I say give it one more year. Get some defensive bigs and give it one more try.

P.S. A friend told me that the Pistons almost made the playoffs and are close to getting back to the playoffs. Is this true? I guess it depends on who they pick up in the draft and what trades they make. But I look forward to next year, even though this year isn't over.

Now stop crying about the Celtics and join me in rooting for the Thunder to beat James' ass. The Heat don't have an answer for Perkins, Ibaka, Harden, Durant and Westbrook. Bosh and Wade don't scare me. Battier and Haslem don't scare me. Only James, and we know what happens to him in the finals. :lol:

Some postseason memories I will always have from the New Big Three Era

1. Being in the crowd at Faneuil Hall after the Celtics closed out the Lakers in 2008.
2. The Paul Pierce Wheelchair Game
3. Big Baby hitting a buzzer beating game winner against Orlando in 2009 and barreling over a child as he ran down the court celebrating the shot.
4. Rondo raking Brad Miller across the face.
5. Ray Allen going for 50 in triple OT against the Bulls (that whole series was SICK)
6. Pierce vs. Lebron in game 7 of the second round in 2008.
7. Lebron turtling in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2010
8. Kobe hitting some of the most ridiculous clutch shots I've ever seen in my life with two guys draped on him in the 2010 Finals.
9. The Laker precession to the free throw line in game seven. I don't care what anyone says, that was some bullshit.
10. Dwayne Wade getting away with essentially breaking Rondo's arm.
11. Rondo toughing it out anyway and playing with one arm.
12. Pierce draining that three in Lebron's face to seal game five.
13. Lebron's 30 in the first half of game 6.
14. Lebron's three from like 15 beyond the arc that took the heart of the Celtics in game 7.

Now stop crying about the Celtics and join me in rooting for the Thunder to beat James' ass. The Heat don't have an answer for Perkins, Ibaka, Harden, Durant and Westbrook. Bosh and Wade don't scare me. Battier and Haslem don't scare me. Only James, and we know what happens to him in the finals. :lol:

OKC is a match up nightmare for Miami.

I'm really looking forward to the series.

Some postseason memories I will always have from the New Big Three Era

1. Being in the crowd at Faneuil Hall after the Celtics closed out the Lakers in 2008.
2. The Paul Pierce Wheelchair Game
3. Big Baby hitting a buzzer beating game winner against Orlando in 2009 and barreling over a child as he ran down the court celebrating the shot.
4. Rondo raking Brad Miller across the face.
5. Ray Allen going for 50 in triple OT against the Bulls (that whole series was SICK)
6. Pierce vs. Lebron in game 7 of the second round in 2008.
7. Lebron turtling in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2010
8. Kobe hitting some of the most ridiculous clutch shots I've ever seen in my life with two guys draped on him in the 2010 Finals.
9. The Laker precession to the free throw line in game seven. I don't care what anyone says, that was some bullshit.
10. Dwayne Wade getting away with essentially breaking Rondo's arm.
11. Rondo toughing it out anyway and playing with one arm.
12. Pierce draining that three in Lebron's face to seal game five.
13. Lebron's 30 in the first half of game 6.
14. Lebron's three from like 15 beyond the arc that took the heart of the Celtics in game 7.

This is what I love about playoff basketball. It is what we remember, not things from the regular season. So while I respect Lebron, Patrick Ewing, Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller and Carl Malone's games, I also remember them as losers. Hall of fame losers, but still losers.

Jason Terry, Robert Horry, Ron Harper, Memo Okur, Big Baby, Haslem, etc. All winners in my memory. I know they aren't better than the guys I listed above, but they all have something the other guys wish they had.

I don't remember, respect or worship any Piston players who didn't win us a championship. My company raffled off a Pistons Signed baskeball the other day and I didn't even want it. BFD. Now if those guys one day win a championship, I will wish I had that ball. Maybe I would have wanted Prince's autograph or Monroes.

OKC is a match up nightmare for Miami.

I'm really looking forward to the series.

God I hope/think you are right. But that game 6 in Boston scared me. Lebron is amazing. I can't believe he can't win a championship. God I hope that continues because I really fear that if/when he wins one, it will be multiple championships. But you got to win one before you can win 2, and he can't seem to get that monkey off his back. It does not look like this is his year. The Thunder have whipped Dallas, the Lakers and beat the Spurs 4 in a row after they spotted them 2 games. The Heat barely made it past Indiana and Boston.

No one is so sure who will win that they would bet their life or life savings on who will win, so until the Thunder are up 2-0 or 3-1, I'm going to be nervous. Even 2-0, they have to go win in Miami. But I don't think that will be a problem.

Lebron is weak mentally. If he can play half ass and lose game 5, he doesn't have the mental toughness to win it all. Until he learns that, he will continue to lose. He needs a Phil Jackson or Pat Riley to coach him. Not that young pussy they got. Eric Holstra?

Forum List

Back