🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2014 March Basho (Osaka)

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
So day 2 of the March Basho has come and gone. So far both Yokozunas are 2-0, Osuraarashi is 2-0, and Endo is getting a "welcome to the big leagues" 0-2 start.

Nice job starting this thread. I was meaning to myself. Tough staying up until 5AM to catch the action live.

So as of Day 5, both Yokozunas are 5-0, all 3 Ozeki are 4-1, Osunaarashi is unbeaten and Endo got his first win of the Basho.

Kotooshu is looking a bit out of it.

Kotooshu checked out a while ago. He is settling in to be a career sekiwake man now. He just got his Japanese citizenship and he will coast along for another few years then become an oyakata somewhere and take it easy.

Osunaarashi is unbeaten because he is meeting mostly the dregs down at the bottom of maegashira. He's got a ways to go before he is ready to take on the big dogs head to head.

Goedo was doing great until he tried to do the 'win by backing up' thing yesterday. It rarely works when rikishi depend on it as a strategy.

Osunaarashi is unbeaten because he is meeting mostly the dregs down at the bottom of maegashira. He's got a ways to go before he is ready to take on the big dogs head to head.

True, but it is still Maegashira level competition, and he seems to be handling them well. If he keeps it up he gets bumped to a M2 or M3 and gets to play with the big boys like Endo is doing.

True, but it is still Maegashira level competition, and he seems to be handling them well. If he keeps it up he gets bumped to a M2 or M3 and gets to play with the big boys like Endo is doing.

That's where you make your bones. The whuppin' Endo is taking is probably the best thing that's happened to him in his pro career so far.

That's where you make your bones. The whuppin' Endo is taking is probably the best thing that's happened to him in his pro career so far.

So Osunaaradshi is now 6-0, maybe they will set him up against some high Mag/Sanyanku opponents. Endo has another win, and the yokozunas are motoring right along

Other big news is Kyokutenho who is 39 years old, 5-1 and showing fine form at Maegashira 8.

I don't think they'll change up Osunaarashi's schedule until the second week if he's still undefeated.

I don't think they'll change up Osunaarashi's schedule until the second week if he's still undefeated.

Agreed, I think they will let him get his 8 wins, then start throwing the sink at him.

At least Endo has gotten through all the yokozunas and ozekis, he still has a shot to get his 8, but it will be tough. Even a 6 or 7 win basho will not drop him too far.

Total pussy move by 'Yokozuna' Harumafuji this morning. Grand champions are not supposed to win by henka bullshit.

At least Endo has gotten through all the yokozunas and ozekis, he still has a shot to get his 8, but it will be tough. Even a 6 or 7 win basho will not drop him too far.

Agreed. He's taking his lumps and that will be taken into consideration.

Total pussy move by 'Yokozuna' Harumafuji this morning. Grand champions are not supposed to win by henka bullshit.

There was some contact, but I do agree it was not good Sumo.

Hakuho on the other hand was brilliant in his match. The look of contempt on his face when he threw Tochinowaka down and out was priceless

Forum List

Back