CDZ 2014 Mid-Term Election returns thread

Wake County, a high-population Democratic stronghold, has submitted the last of its precinct vote counts. Mecklenburg County is still incomplete. Almost all of the Republican-leaning portions of the state are done. These are the numbers with 93.14% of precincts reporting in:

Thom TillisREP1,336,76149.10 %
Kay HaganDEM1,279,06346.98 %
Sean HaughLIB101,9513.74 %
Write-In (Miscellaneous)4,9100.18 %
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hagan needs to sweep Mecklenburg County with a record margin in order to overcome a 53,000 vote deficit.

And I am unaware of how NC treats absentee and military ballots.

She's already got an over 40,000 vote lead there, just as in Wake.

Kay HaganDEM114,11359.17 %
Thom TillisREP73,71438.22 %
Sean HaughLIB4,7242.45 %
Write-In (Miscellaneous)3180.16 %
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
It seems likely to me that this will expand somewhat, but not by enough to close the gap on its own. There are 195 precincts in Wake County, 126 of which have been reported.

The last few thousand votes to come in will decide the election, and they'll be scattered throughout the state, in Lenoir, New Hanover, Cleveland, and Forsyth counties. New Hanover is an almost dead even 50-50 tie.

It looks like Tillis will walk away with this one.

Just how do you do that little graph thingy?

It's actually annoying as hell and I'm trying to not do it, but I can't (patriarchal e-oppression, etc.); it just pastes that way when I copy it from the source.

Which is here, if you need it: http://enr.ncsbe.gov/ElectionResults/

And the one for Kentucky: KY - Election Results

Ah, cool. Thanks :)

Tillis is ahead with 93 percent of the precincts reporting but still to close to call as at least one heavy dem district is slow reporting.

Mecklenburg County - a HUGE county, and a DEM blowout zone. But even with that information, I am wondering if Hagan can close a 53,000 vote deficit.

The other problem is with "100%".

Often, a precinct or county will be listed at 100% in, but there are always straggler votes that are added after the fact, also absentee ballots and military ballots, depending on that particular state's election rules.

What on Earth are you talking about?

The Republican voters screwed up tonight. Royally. Again. They just don't seem to be informed enough or smart enough to carry out their responsibility to vote in a sensible manner and we all continually suffer the consequences of their failure. They don't even seem to be trying to do better.

What on Earth are you talking about?

The Republican voters screwed up tonight. Royally. Again. They just don't seem to be informed enough or smart enough to carry out their responsibility to vote in a sensible manner and we all continually suffer the consequences of their failure. They don't even seem to be trying to do better.

What planet do you live on? May I come for a visit?

siren.gif

TV: JONI WINS
ROBERTS STAYS IN KS
PERDUE TAKES GA
REPUBLICANS TAKE CONGRESS
+7 SENATE
SCOTT WALKER STAYS
CRIST LOSER

Republicans have won NY-1

That's a shame, Tim's a friend of mine.

There's always a winner and a loser. Many will come away beaten and almost as many will feel the thrill of victory.

True. I don't live in NY anymore, and Suffolk County is such a terrible fucking place that I can't really bring myself to care about it too much, anyway. But I should give him a call, anyway. Losing an election really sucks.

If it were me, id give him a call. It's not the end of the world, but tonight, I bet it feels like it for him.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I know, man. Losing an election is soul crushing, even when you're just a staffer who doesn't even like their candidate that much - I can only imagine how much it must suck for a candidate, let alone an incumbent.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.[/QUOTE]

Republicans have won NY-1

That's a shame, Tim's a friend of mine.

There's always a winner and a loser. Many will come away beaten and almost as many will feel the thrill of victory.

True. I don't live in NY anymore, and Suffolk County is such a terrible fucking place that I can't really bring myself to care about it too much, anyway. But I should give him a call, anyway. Losing an election really sucks.

If it were me, id give him a call. It's not the end of the world, but tonight, I bet it feels like it for him.

I know, man. Losing an election is soul crushing, even when you're just a staffer who doesn't even like their candidate that much - I can only imagine how much it must suck for a candidate, let alone an incumbent.

theDoctorisIn
Your awesomeness level is over 9000!

Forum List

Back