CDZ 2014 Mid-Term Election returns thread

A look at the vote totals in Virginia, 2014 vs. 2013:

VA 1.jpg

That makes for 2,147,218 votes, and still at least 1.5% of counting to go. And then there come straggler votes in the next weeks as well.

Now, 2013:

VA 1.jpg

That makes for 2,240,314 votes cast in total.

So, the 2014 mid-term senatorial will probably equal or exceed the vote count from the highly publicized and costly gubernatorial from 2013.

And, in line with electoral history, the vote in VA, compared to Presidential elections, is about 58% of the total vote in presidential elections:

VA 3.jpg

This means that the turnout in Virginia must be at about 40%. More detailed numbers when the final canvasses are all in.

Attachments

• VA 2.jpg
    VA 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 79
Hell we could have 10 by the time Alaska is counted. :)

Actually I don't think we'll take VA, but he sure gave Warner a scare.

Republicans have won NY-1

That's a shame, Tim's a friend of mine.

There's always a winner and a loser. Many will come away beaten and almost as many will feel the thrill of victory.

True. I don't live in NY anymore, and Suffolk County is such a terrible fucking place that I can't really bring myself to care about it too much, anyway. But I should give him a call, anyway. Losing an election really sucks.

If it were me, id give him a call. It's not the end of the world, but tonight, I bet it feels like it for him.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I know, man. Losing an election is soul crushing, even when you're just a staffer who doesn't even like their candidate that much - I can only imagine how much it must suck for a candidate, let alone an incumbent.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.
[/QUOTE]

He probably is with family tonight but would welcome the call tomorrow. I haven't been in the position you talk of but can imagine it is exactly what you say...soul crushing. Prayers for the losers for comfort and courage.

Republicans have won NY-1

That's a shame, Tim's a friend of mine.

There's always a winner and a loser. Many will come away beaten and almost as many will feel the thrill of victory.

I think you said that well.

For me, it's just about the pure numbers right now. And about the sweeping majesty of electoral history.

Very little of what is happening tonight is surprising me at all.

Like I said, I will be very interested in seeing the end-canvasses when they do come out in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

It is clearly a wave election which you did not predict. You said Marc Uterus would win Colorado and Hagan would win NC. Stat....the models and polls were way off in virtually every State.

They were off in Kansas, Virginia, and NC by at least 4 points. Many other races were off by a similar amount.

No credible pundits were predicting a wave election cycle.....( But I did....:))...the wins for Governors in Michigan, Florida, and Wisconsin were huge.

Forum List

Back