2024 NFL season hot takes

john doe 101

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2021
Just started my research of the upcoming NFL season and thought I'd start a pre-season thread on hot takes. Here is my first one:
The Bears will have more wins than the Packers.

Sure the Bears are probably being overhyped coming into this season with the new QB and offensive system, but people forget how good the Bears defense is with a league leading 22 int's last year. Also, the Bears have a super soft schedule while the Packers go from 24th easiest to 4th most difficult. On the other hand, I think the Packers are being even more overhyped based on a back half of the 2023 season success story.

So what are your hot takes?

Just started my research of the upcoming NFL season and thought I'd start a pre-season thread on hot takes. Here is my first one:

Sure the Bears are probably being overhyped coming into this season with the new QB and offensive system, but people forget how good the Bears defense is with a league leading 22 int's last year. Also, the Bears have a super soft schedule while the Packers go from 24th easiest to 4th most difficult. On the other hand, I think the Packers are being even more overhyped based on a back half of the 2023 season success story.

Thats possible, because I think both QBS on those teams are ovrrated. But it's the Lions in that division. I would also look out for the Eagles. They started 10-1 last year before they collapsed. I don't think that willl happen again. And the 49ers must be respected.

My team is the Chiefs. But the Ravens got King Henry. To me that makes them the favorite to win the superbowl. King Henry and Lamar Jackson in the same backfeild? That's going to be difficult to stop.

The Packers are not overrated, they are an amazing team offensively, added Jacobs, who led the league in rushing 2 years ago, and they beefed up their defense, they are one of the top 3 teams in the NFC, and the NFC is way better overall than the AFC.

As someone who has not missed a Bears game in the past 25 years, I can tell you this Bears team is different. They have a fast, fired up defense, and it is the best defense in the NFC North, and will be one of the best in the NFC, the offense is loaded with weapons, but it might take time to gel. The Packers gelled last season and are going to come out the gate full speed.

Minnesota will be solid, good coaching up there, decent offense, suspect defense. The Lions might regress from last years Championship game, but I think this year it will be the Packers winning the division.

Thats possible, because I think both QBS on those teams are ovrrated. But it's the Lions in that division. I would also look out for the Eagles. They started 10-1 last year before they collapsed. I don't think that willl happen again. And the 49ers must be respected.

My team is the Chiefs. But the Ravens got King Henry. To me that makes them the favorite to win the superbowl. King Henry and Lamar Jackson in the same backfeild? That's going to be difficult to stop.
LOL. Dude, it's obvious you know next to nothing about football. And your "hot takes" are the new guy cheerleaders. :laugh2:

The Packers are not overrated, they are an amazing team offensively, added Jacobs, who led the league in rushing 2 years ago, and they beefed up their defense, they are one of the top 3 teams in the NFC, and the NFC is way better overall than the AFC.

As someone who has not missed a Bears game in the past 25 years, I can tell you this Bears team is different. They have a fast, fired up defense, and it is the best defense in the NFC North, and will be one of the best in the NFC, the offense is loaded with weapons, but it might take time to gel. The Packers gelled last season and are going to come out the gate full speed.

Minnesota will be solid, good coaching up there, decent offense, suspect defense. The Lions might regress from last years Championship game, but I think this year it will be the Packers winning the division.
WTF is a "fired up defense?" They do more coke than anybody else?

Tougher Division now. Somebody is not going to be doing well.

Tremaine Edmunds the middle linebacker on the Bears is a beast.

My hot take is the Bills will be better this year because of not having to placate Stephon Diggs by force feeding him the ball.

LOL, IM2. I'm supposed to discuss this with a fake persona & homo like you? :laugh2:
Well this is a thread about the NFL and not your homo erotic fantasies. And also, I only have 1 user id. Unfortunately I have to report you for harassing me. Have a nice day.

Tremaine Edmunds the middle linebacker on the Bears is a beast.

My hot take is the Bills will be better this year because of not having to placate Stephon Diggs by force feeding him the ball.
I havent gotten to the Bills yet. Will keep this in mind.

The Bears and Vikings are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. Even if they somehow manage to win the big one, they won't again for the next 50 years.

You can talk Xs and Os all day. The real X factor is chemistry. The NFL and other sports are too political. You can't have players kneeling down for the national anthem and other stupid shit. Offensive lineman are conservative white guys. That's the real reason no GM/owner in his right mind even considered Kaepernick.

You can talk Xs and Os all day. The real X factor is chemistry. The NFL and other sports are too political. You can't have players kneeling down for the national anthem and other stupid shit. Offensive lineman are conservative white guys. That's the real reason no GM/owner in his right mind even considered Kaepernick.
Reported.

Forum List

Back