2024 Slogan Make America Christian Again: last self-consciously Christian Pres was Presbyterian Grover Cleveland(low taxes, gold standard, free trade)

• Banned
Cleveland was called "ugly-honest," that is, truculently honest. When people coming to Albany seeking favors began whispering to him, he would answer them in a loud voice that everyone around could hear. And when an office-seeker whined, "Don't I deserve it for my party work?" Cleveland would say coldly, "I don't know that I understand you."

His "you-be-damnedness" became famous. So did his hard work. One newsman sighed that Governor Cleveland "remains within doors constantly, eats and works, eats and works, and works and eats."

Once someone asked Samuel Tilden, "What sort of man is this Cleveland?" "Oh," said Tilden in his squeaky voice, "he is the kind of man who would rather do something badly for himself than to have somebody else do it well."

Strange that the rest of the modern world is moving away from religion, while America appears to be accepting it even more!

This could very well be another factor with the fall of America to fascism.

The coming 22 election will settle it for fascism being accepted, but not necessarily for Trump.

The FBI/DOJ's destruction of Trump is proceeding and will even accelerate as the investigation now shows signs of being unstoppable.

My non-American opinion and almost certainly the opinion of the rest of the sane world!

• Banned
Grover once said: "my father said it was wicked to go fishing on Sunday, but he never said anything about draw poker"...The Local NY Presbyterian minister , annoyed that the Governor has more time for gambling than God, called him out on it, and asked him to attend Church on Sunday instead. Grover's response? "tell him an ass fell into a pit!"

(Luke 14:5): Then he turned to them and said, “Which of you doesn’t work on the Sabbath? If your son or ass falls into a pit, don’t you rush to get him out?”

Grover once said: "my father said it was wicked to go fishing on Sunday, but he never said anything about draw poker"...The Local NY Presbyterian minister , annoyed that the Governor has more time for gambling than God, called him out on it, and asked him to attend Church on Sunday instead. Grover's response? "tell him an ass fell into a pit!"

(Luke 14:5): Then he turned to them and said, “Which of you doesn’t work on the Sabbath? If your son or ass falls into a pit, don’t you rush to get him out?”
All religions are superstitious nonsense. That should cover it for Grover and any others who aren't accepting realities of the modern world.

Forum List

Back