25yr Old Father of 2 In LA Sentenced To Life In Prison: He Stole A $750.00 Power Tool

Yes let's let the career petty thieves just go on and on and on.

The typical right wing child mind. The polarized argument...the black or white, all or none retarded reply.

How about 100 hours of community service that benefits society?

Na! Let's spend over $30,000 per year to incarcerate this guy...

Life without parole to me is too extreme even with his history if he really did have one. To me, life without parole is what a murderer should get if they are not going to get the death sentence and this man killed no one.

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Ten years would have been enough in my opinion.

Ten years? For stealing something worth less than a thousand dollars? I know of a man who raped 3 women and got ten years! How is stealing a $750 power tool equal to raping 3 women?

Jesus H. Christ! Some people!!!:doubt:

the problem is the rapist got off too early

not that the habitual offender got too long of a sentence

the guy who stole the power tool knew the game he was playing

you do not get into the habitual criminal files without being warned

that if convicted again this would be the likely outcome

There is simply no excuse for giving someone "life" for stealing. Just not reasonable.

Yep, increase the penalty each time, but it would take a long time before it would be "life" - that is just plain idiotic.

See, that's the problem with some people. They have no empathy at all. Might as well suggest "death" for anyone that commits any type of crime.....even if it is just stealing a pencil.

Nobody suggested that he be given a pat on the back and sent on his way. Stealing, yes, a fine and maybe a month or even a year in jail, but life? Only the most senseless court would assign life.

Life without parole to me is too extreme even with his history if he really did have one. To me, life without parole is what a murderer should get if they are not going to get the death sentence and this man killed no one.

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Ten years would have been enough in my opinion.

Ten years? For stealing something worth less than a thousand dollars? I know of a man who raped 3 women and got ten years! How is stealing a $750 power tool equal to raping 3 women?

Jesus H. Christ! Some people!!!:doubt:
When people have a history, that history is not ignored when they are sentenced.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

See, that's the problem with some people. They have no empathy at all. Might as well suggest "death" for anyone that commits any type of crime.....even if it is just stealing a pencil.

Nobody suggested that he be given a pat on the back and sent on his way. Stealing, yes, a fine and maybe a month or even a year in jail, but life? Only the most senseless court would assign life.

Who said anything about death. And no one has ever had empathy for me but that is irrelevant too. Oh and he is never going to serve anything close to his sentence.

The typical right wing child mind. The polarized argument...the black or white, all or none retarded reply.

How about 100 hours of community service that benefits society?

Na! Let's spend over $30,000 per year to incarcerate this guy...

Wow another rep request.

Who said anything about death. And no one has ever had empathy for me but that is irrelevant too. Oh and he is never going to serve anything close to his sentence.

Wow another rep request.
Life in prison for stealing a $750 tool is equivalent to being put to death....way too harsh.

Nobody said to let them go on and on, but let the punishment at least fit the crime, don't you think?

and he's never been in jail in his life. This happened in louisiana and the judge lowered the boom on him. I guess the judge is sending a message..............don't steal from people in louisiana.

patrick-matthews.jpg

family of man given life without parole for non-violent crime of stealing a power tool | mail online

omg the perp looks like my dad when he was 25!

Wow another rep request.
Life in prison for stealing a $750 tool is equivalent to being put to death....way too harsh.

Nobody said to let them go on and on, but let the punishment at least fit the crime, don't you think?

We had a man steal a tv in our building and he was caught on camera. The police arrested him and he got 6 months.

I suppose he should do some time long enough to make him change his mind and only because it might get him some help like a clinic.

Forum List

Back