25yr Old Father of 2 In LA Sentenced To Life In Prison: He Stole A $750.00 Power Tool

He appears to be an evil 'white hispanic' career criminal. . :cool:

patrick-matthews.jpg

Last edited:
Matthews, who had been using meth and heroin since he was a teenager, was sentenced under Louisiana's Habitual Offender law.

The harsh sentence came because the young man had prior convictions - one for stealing from a pawn shop and another from a fruit stand while he was a teenager and high on meth.

He did more than steal a power tool. He had a history of stealing and drug use. The fact that he is a father of two is irrelevant....what are we supposed to do, let criminals off because they have kids?

I'm not saying life in prison is an appropriate punishment for this particular guy, but he is a theif so it's hard to have too much sympathy for him. If I found anyone on my property stealing my shit, I would shoot them dead.

Why do wingnuts spend so much time fantasizing about killing people?

It is all the more reason to put very tight restrictions on gun ownership. It seems at least half the folks on here who own guns do that kind of fantasizing about killing people. Very disturbing. Such people should not have guns!

Life without parole to me is too extreme even with his history if he really did have one. To me, life without parole is what a murderer should get if they are not going to get the death sentence and this man killed no one.

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Ten years would have been enough in my opinion.

Matthews, who had been using meth and heroin since he was a teenager, was sentenced under Louisiana's Habitual Offender law.

The harsh sentence came because the young man had prior convictions - one for stealing from a pawn shop and another from a fruit stand while he was a teenager and high on meth.

He did more than steal a power tool. He had a history of stealing and drug use. The fact that he is a father of two is irrelevant....what are we supposed to do, let criminals off because they have kids?

I'm not saying life in prison is an appropriate punishment for this particular guy, but he is a theif so it's hard to have too much sympathy for him. If I found anyone on my property stealing my shit, I would shoot them dead.

Anyway, I have no problem sending this guy to prison until he gets his head on straight and gets off drugs.

but life in prison? With the taxpayers footing the bill at $30,000 a year? Over a $750.00 tool?

Fantasize about killing people? Grow up.

Taxpayers keep criminals behind bars for the safety of the public. You want to start releasing thugs because of the cost of imprisonment? Besides, all that money is actually spent employing prison guards, I thought you progressive types liked it when the government creates jobs and employs people.

It is all the more reason to put very tight restrictions on gun ownership. It seems at least half the folks on here who own guns do that kind of fantasizing about killing people. Very disturbing. Such people should not have guns!

It seems at least half the folks on here fantasize about other people killing people so they can use it as an excuse to grab guns from honest taxpaying citizens that have never committed a crime.

That's the whole point.....life in prison for stealing a $750 tool, crazy!

Life without parole to me is too extreme even with his history if he really did have one. To me, life without parole is what a murderer should get if they are not going to get the death sentence and this man killed no one.

Holly

Ten years? For stealing something worth less than a thousand dollars? I know of a man who raped 3 women and got ten years! How is stealing a $750 power tool equal to raping 3 women?

Jesus H. Christ! Some people!!!:doubt:

It seems at least half the folks on here fantasize about other people killing people so they can use it as an excuse to grab guns from honest taxpaying citizens that have never committed a crime.

I don't fantasize about killing anyone. Why do you turn your psychotic imagination back on me. Stop projecting. Sick people should not have guns or access to them. People who regularly repeat (as do many pro-gun people on here) their desire to blow someone away for small and petty crimes, or any crime that could and should be dealt with by the police force, are people who need mental help. They should not have access to deadly weapons.

Holly

Ten years? For stealing something worth less than a thousand dollars? I know of a man who raped 3 women and got ten years! How is stealing a $750 power tool equal to raping 3 women?

I think that no jail time would be enough. Just a fine.

Holly

I think that no jail time would be enough. Just a fine.

Since none of his crimes have been violent, what he needs is rehabilitation, not hard time in prison, much less life. :mad:

Exactly. Jail should be reserved for the worst criminals, not people who nick a power tool.

Holly

the problem is the rapist got off too early

not that the habitual offender got too long of a sentence

the guy who stole the power tool knew the game he was playing

you do not get into the habitual criminal files without being warned

that if convicted again this would be the likely outcome

It's the difference between having a previous record and being a first time offender. But the laws don't make sense. Someone who is a multiple rapist, even though he hasn't been in trouble before, getting a lighter sentence than someone convicted of a non-violent offense is wrong. The laws are flawed.

You right wing SCUM are not tough on crime. You are tough on freedom and liberty.

We need to ditch mandatory sentencing and crap like "3 strikes". It creates GROSS malfeasance of justice like this case.

Forum List

Back