2nd SCOTUS ruling for the day, and the last for the day

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
The opinion is 6-3 with the court holding that federal law does not make it a crime for state and local officials to accept gratuities for past acts.

So, it is ok to get a bribe, as long as you get it after you have done the favor. Cool! :eusa_wall:

The opinion is 6-3 with the court holding that federal law does not make it a crime for state and local officials to accept gratuities for past acts.

So, it is ok to get a bribe, as long as you get it after you have done the favor. Cool! :eusa_wall:

They're talking about federal law. State law(s)?

I think it means they defer to State laws on the matter.

Well it's katy bar the door now.

I've been wanting the city to approve some work on my property for a while now but it seems to be being held up for some reason.

I'm gonna go down to the planning department and let someone know there would be a suitable gratuity in it for them after the fact if they would approve the funding and such.

I've been wanting the city to approve some work on my property for a while now but it seems to be being held up for some reason.

I'm gonna go down to the planning department and let someone know there would be a suitable gratuity in it for them after the fact if they would approve the funding and such.

No reason not to

Better check local and state laws first.

Sounds like they're setting us up for their presidential immunity decision.

Like this isn't already known?

Forum List

Back