3,700,000 AR-15s in private hands...and now the current stock just sold out...

And for good reason. It's the Honda of fighting rifles. Extremely dependable and efficient. Nothing flashy. Easy to use.
I really like my Veper. Gots me over 1k rounds too for dirt cheap and accurate to a one inch diameter at 100 yards. Not sniping but good 'nuff..

They will either be banned or magazine capacity severely reduced. Duck hunters can only have 3 shells in gun at a time.

I have over 200 30 round magazines for AR 15s. plenty to supply all my patriot friends. how you going to deal with that

Why?

Because they look dangerous?
I believe that either is the main reason or has a lot to do with it. Resemblance to the M-16, which is seen in all contemporary war movies imparts a certain macho mystique to it.

I'm a relic from the M-1 Garand era, which was one hell of a weapon. Big and heavy, but it will take out an adversary right through a cinder block wall at 500 yards. But the present ideal is light weight and Buck Rogers imagery.

I've never seen an AR-15, which closely resembles the M-16 and probably accounts for its popularity. Based on all I've read and heard about both weapons my preference inclines to the AK-47, which is very sturdy, extremely reliable -- even in wet, sandy conditions, and is relatively simple to disassemble and clean. Plus a good AK-47 is priced at around $400, while an AR-15 costs $1,500. I don't know how much an M-16 costs but it must be around $2,000.

I'll be interested in hearing from those who have hands-on knowledge of all three of these weapons. Which is the better weapon, and why?

depends on the problem you are trying to solve

I have a beretta AR 70-but for the crappy economics on the safety, its the best of both worlds-as accurate as an AR and as reliable as an AK

same with my Bulgarian ARSENAL in 556. more accurate than an AK but more reliable since its an AK pattern

If TSHTF I am taking my FAL though since its very reliable in my environment here (not as good in the sand) very accurate, easy to shoot and with the 762 round more range

the Garand is better for those behind cover and at longer ranges but the FAL has all the power of the Garand with better economics and higher capacity. I also have an M21 (M14 sniper rig) which is even better for long range

They will either be banned or magazine capacity severely reduced. Duck hunters can only have 3 shells in gun at a time.

I have over 200 30 round magazines for AR 15s. plenty to supply all my patriot friends. how you going to deal with that

Save your macho shit for the retards.

you're the retard and you ought to go around trying to grab guns. Control freak haters of freedom are scum and that is what you are-scum

And for good reason. It's the Honda of fighting rifles. Extremely dependable and efficient. Nothing flashy. Easy to use.
I really like my Veper. Gots me over 1k rounds too for dirt cheap and accurate to a one inch diameter at 100 yards. Not sniping but good 'nuff..
What is a "Veper?"
I russian built AK pattern weapon spelled VEPR

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/...4.html?zenid=1869cb9852cbeb77712d4aa58a80ed21

I have one of each. If society collapsed and I could only head to the hills with 1....no question it's the AK47. Never breaks. Never needs cleaning. Fires a 2x larger bullet. And...it eats the cheapest steel cased ammo you can buy... $4 for 20 rounds...and loves it. I can by 100 rounds for $15 in bulk packs every time I'm in the store and never hurts the budget. Have a great supply stocked up now. About 8 spare mags. Give me the AK any day over the AR.
That conforms with my opinion, which is based on what I've read and heard. I have no experience with the AK but all I've read and heard about it has convinced me it is a superior weapon. If I had a decent place to shoot I would buy one.

As for ammo, I've found Cheaper Than Dirt to be a pretty good source.

What is a "Veper?"
I russian built AK pattern weapon spelled VEPR

Vepr 5,45 x 39 Rifle 16.5 - Molot [WPA-V-545-16-01] - $0.00 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories
Thanks.

I think the proper thing is to simply apply the same laws to them as to the .45 Thompson. And if you are caught off your property with one of the assault weapons without that license, you get a felony conviction and all your guns confiscated and destroyed. Also, a three month waiting period to purchase a gun, whether private or commercial sale. And if you sell a gun without the paper work, same thing, felony conviction, and all your weapons are confiscated and destroyed, and you never can own another firearm. Not only that, if you do said sell, without the paperwork, and the gun is used in a crime, you own that crime.

I think the proper thing is to simply apply the same laws to them as to the .45 Thompson.

Why?

ARs, unlike the old Thompson, is not full auto.

Which is why the Thompson has the laws covering it's ownership it does.
When you can empty a 30 shot clip in under 10 seconds, what is the differance between auto and semi-auto?

When you can empty a 30 shot clip in under 10 seconds, what is the differance between auto and semi-auto?

Not many people can do that. What is a clip?

good question

I can empty a 30 round magazine ACCURATELY in semi auto in under 6 seconds. we had a speed shoot 6 rounds reload six rounds did in in about 4 and the reload took a second so that was twelve rounds in 3-all hits

Why?

Because they look dangerous?
I believe that either is the main reason or has a lot to do with it. Resemblance to the M-16, which is seen in all contemporary war movies imparts a certain macho mystique to it.

I'm a relic from the M-1 Garand era, which was one hell of a weapon. Big and heavy, but it will take out an adversary right through a cinder block wall at 500 yards. But the present ideal is light weight and Buck Rogers imagery.

I've never seen an AR-15, which closely resembles the M-16 and probably accounts for its popularity. Based on all I've read and heard about both weapons my preference inclines to the AK-47, which is very sturdy, extremely reliable -- even in wet, sandy conditions, and is relatively simple to disassemble and clean. Plus a good AK-47 is priced at around $400, while an AR-15 costs $1,500. I don't know how much an M-16 costs but it must be around $2,000.

I'll be interested in hearing from those who have hands-on knowledge of all three of these weapons. Which is the better weapon, and why?

Personally I'm an HK or FN fan, however the AK is not as accurate at long range as the AR. Max effective range for the AK is around 400 meters. The AR on the other hand in its basic form is good to 500 meters. When built into a precision rifle though you can stretch that out to 800 meters without too much difficulty. The Garand is an excellent rifle, that just happens to be 80 year old technology; so while it is a good rifle, it is now far outclassed by the new breed.

It depends on what you mean is "better". What is "better?" Define it then I can tell you which is "better."

If better means:

1. Accuracy- AR-15 hands down
2. Maneuverability-probably the AK but both are good
3. Ease of finding parts and general parts cost and availability-AK hands down
4. Reliability-AK for sure
5. Knock down power-AK for sure. It's bullet is 50% larger and heavier than the AR-15's .223
6. Evil looking-AK for sure. It's what the mooslims have.
7. Cost-AK for sure. Ammo and gun are far cheaper.
8. Long range knockdown power-AK for sure. Heavier bullets carry more power further. Lethal range is almost twice as far for the AK.
9. Bullet penetration: AK for sure
10. Amount of ammo that can be carried: AR for sure

Comparison of the AK-47 and M16 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just depends on your definition of better. I loved my AK. I could shoot through a 12" diameter pine tree like it was made of paper. The entry hole was barely noticeable. The exit hole you could put a basketball in.

Last edited:

It depends on what you mean is "better". What is "better?" Define it then I can tell you which is "better."

If better means:

1. Accuracy- AR-15 hands down
2. Maneuverability-probably the AK but both are good
3. Ease of finding parts and general parts cost and availability-AK hands down
4. Reliability-AK for sure
5. Knock down power-AK for sure. It's bullet is 50% larger and heavier than the AR-15's .223
6. Evil looking-AK for sure. It's what the mooslims have.
7. Cost-AK for sure. Ammo and gun are far cheaper.
8. Long range knockdown power-AK for sure. Heavier bullets carry more power further. Max effective range 400 meters? Are you nuts? AK's are deadly out to 1000 yards.

It just depends on your definition of better. I loved my AK. I could shoot through a 12" diameter pine tree like it was made of paper. The entry hole was barely noticeable. The exit hole you could put a basketball in.

Yes, their bullet is certainly capable of killing somebody at that range, but intentionally hitting someone at that range is quite the trick.

Forum List

Back