3 Arrested in Alleged Bomb Plot Targeting Somalis in Kansas

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
The real question about all the right wing militia groups has always been whether they would ever actually DO something, or just train a bunch and spend the evening drinking Hamm's™ and swapping goofy conspiracy theories.

If this stuff actually starts happening, the blame with be squarely with right wing radio and internet, and the crazies who take that stuff so damn seriously.

Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment complex that's home to Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City, a thwarted attack prosecutors say was planned for the day after the November election.

The arrests were the culmination of an eight-month FBI investigation that took agents "deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence," Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said. A complaint unsealed Friday charges Curtis Wayne Allen, 49; Patrick Eugene Stein, 47; and Gavin Wayne Wright, 49, with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. Their first court appearance is Monday.

Prosecutors said the men don't yet have attorneys. Publicly listed phone numbers for the men couldn't immediately be found. The men are members of a small militia group that calls itself "the Crusaders," and whose members espouse sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs, according to the complaint.

Mac....I know that you think I oppose your views for the sake if opposing them....but please answer this question.

What makes you think that the "real question" that you stated above is unanswered?

Right wing militia groups have already done something....many things, in fact. "This stuff" is already happening.

The blame for the actions of right wing militia groups lies squarely upon the participating right wing militia groups. The idiots on the internet who applaud them aren't culpable for their actions....they are just stupid. Neither are the clueless fools who haven't taken them seriously....they are just clueless.

CuzTPFVXEAAsP8y.jpg

The real question about all the right wing militia groups has always been whether they would ever actually DO something, or just train a bunch and spend the evening drinking Hamm's™ and swapping goofy conspiracy theories.

What are you talking about? There have been domestic radicals that have actually succeeded in terrorist attacks.

There is a common trend in all of them. The radicals know they are not large or armed enough to make any real military impact, so they blow up or occupy some shit and tell Americans to wake up and fight. Unfortunately for them, Americans are complacent as fuck, and the media buries these kinds of stories.

Have we decided yet if they are:

White which would mean they are merely disturbed?
Here illegally which would mean we need to deport 12 million people?
Here legally but Muslim which means they are terrorists?

What are you talking about? There have been domestic radicals that have actually succeeded in terrorist attacks.

There is a common trend in all of them. The radicals know they are not large or armed enough to make any real military impact, so they blow up or occupy some shit and tell Americans to wake up and fight. Unfortunately for them, Americans are complacent as fuck, and the media buries these kinds of stories.
Of course a few have done this, but I'm talking about more organized, widespread activity.

Have we decided yet if they are:

White which would mean they are merely disturbed?
Here illegally which would mean we need to deport 12 million people?
Here legally but Muslim which means they are terrorists?

:confused-84:

Or you could try reading the article for a change.

Of course a few have done this, but I'm talking about more organized, widespread activity.

These groups are not capable or intelligent enough to organize any real resistance.

Their leaders are dumbasses, their arsenals consist of AR-15 and shotguns, and they suck at propagating and recruiting. I mean, these groups do not exactly consist of educated revolutionary youth.

A real force to be reckoned with would function more like the cartels and less like trailer park gangs. That means black market contacts, uniformed officers, regional arsenals, a communications and recruitment network, and most importantly a source of income.

If this stuff actually starts happening, the blame with be squarely with right wing radio and internet, and the crazies who take that stuff so damn seriously.

Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment complex that's home to Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City, a thwarted attack prosecutors say was planned for the day after the November election.

The arrests were the culmination of an eight-month FBI investigation that took agents "deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence," Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said. A complaint unsealed Friday charges Curtis Wayne Allen, 49; Patrick Eugene Stein, 47; and Gavin Wayne Wright, 49, with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. Their first court appearance is Monday.

Prosecutors said the men don't yet have attorneys. Publicly listed phone numbers for the men couldn't immediately be found. The men are members of a small militia group that calls itself "the Crusaders," and whose members espouse sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs, according to the complaint.

hey, mac... the rightwingnut militia groups have always been nothing but domestic terrorists. they don't like being called that but it's all they are. what else would you call people who think it is ok to raise arms against federal officers?

These groups are not capable or intelligent enough to organize any real resistance.

Their leaders are dumbasses, their arsenals consist of AR-15 and shotguns, and they suck at propagating and recruiting. I mean, these groups do not exactly consist of educated revolutionary youth.
Hard to say. But there are people out there who have clearly bought everything the echo chamber has sold them and are very, very scared and very, very angry. Plus the internet provides the means and anonymity required for organization.

Who knows. So far, they're apparently distracted by some kind of shiny object.

What else would you call people who think it is ok to raise arms against federal officers?

Insurrectionists, public agitators, rebels, freedom fighters, guerillas, dissenters, and revolutionaries.

hey, mac... the rightwingnut militia groups have always been nothing but domestic terrorists. they don't like being called that but it's all they are. what else would you call people who think it is ok to raise arms against federal officers?
Well, if and when they actually do something I'd call 'em domestic terrorists.

I think their term for themselves would be "patriots" or something like that.

For the time being, I'd think "echo chamber paranoids" might work.

Hard to say. But there are people out there who have clearly bought everything the echo chamber has sold them and are very, very scared and very, very angry. Plus the internet provides the means and anonymity required for organization.

Obviously many are disenfranchised. What surprises me is that the number of angry middle age suburban white guys seems like it would imply much greater activity among far-right militias.

This seems to speak to history though. It was always the left wing and reactionaries that would actually get shit done, probably because it is hard to get populations hyped up about status quo conservative politics.

Fuck you, you smearing piece of Nazi shit. You love to abuse people you don't agree with and pretend you've taken the high road. People that do what you do are exactly following Goebbels practice of labeling and association.

I've listened to conservative radio for 25 years and haven't murdered anyone yet, not have I EVER heard anyone say anything remotely encouraging to do so. People like you are the real danger to America, you try to use propaganda to shut up disenting voices.

So go full crybaby on me like you always do after I fling your shit right back in your face.

if a group of muslims were pointing their shot guns at federal officers you'd acknowledge they wee already a terrorist group.

if a muslim shot up a planned parenthood, you'd call them a terrorist

if a group of american muslims were online talking about overthrowing the american government like some of the more wacked out people on this board do, you'd call them domestic terrorists BEFORE they pulled the trigger or set off a bomb.

are they paranoid? yes. but that doesn't make them not terrorists. or would you not call the trash in montana terrorists?

Obviously many are disenfranchised. What surprises me is that the number of angry middle age suburban white guys seems like it would imply much greater activity among far-right militias.

This seems to speak to history though. It was always the left wing and reactionaries that would actually get shit done, probably because it is hard to get populations hyped up about status quo conservative politics.
Yeah.

The difference in this case is the speed and breadth of communication afforded by the internet. Talk radio created enough of an echo chamber, but internet sites have just supercharged the whole process.

Regarding the angry middle aged suburban guys, all it takes is one click on one story on an otherwise innocuous website, and off you go. That's a power we've never seen.

if a group of muslims were pointing their shot guns at federal officers you'd acknowledge they wee already a terrorist group.

if a group of american muslims were online talking about overthrowing the american government like some of the more wacked out people on this board do, you'd call them domestic terrorists BEFORE they pulled the trigger or set off a bomb.

are they paranoid? yes. but that doesn't make them not terrorists. or would you not call the trash in montana terrorists?

One terrorist group continues to go unacknowledged

bombing_0.jpg

Fuck you, you smearing piece of Nazi shit. You love to abuse people you don't agree with and pretend you've taken the high road. People that do what you do are exactly following Goebbels practice of labeling and association.

I've listened to conservative radio for 25 years and haven't murdered anyone yet, not have I EVER heard anyone say anything remotely encouraging to do so. People like you are the real danger to America, you try to use propaganda to shut up disenting voices.

So go full crybaby on me like you always do after I fling your shit right back in your face.
Yikes!

Love it.

What are you talking about?

Do you have me confused with someone else again?

Forum List

Back