3 men charged with federal hate crimes in killing of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

I'm not trying to adjudicate whether or not those who shot him were justified. It looks like that is going to play out in a court of law.
I am however trying to understand why the headlines all say he was jogging like it is a proven fact.
I suspect this is to paint the picture that he was just an ordinary guy who was totally minding his own business, innocent of any transgression and all that kind of thing.
Why would the media purposefully portray him like that? Why wouldn't they say "claimed to be jogging" or "allegedly jogging"
Did the media want you to feel a certain way about Ahmaud Arbery?

Because he was jogging. Idiot. We know that right-wing scumbags try to portray every black person who is injured or killed as somehow a criminal who had it coming. This tactic is getting really old.
But you don't know that he was jogging. You are just saying that he was. How can you know that he was jogging? That's what I'm asking.

Idiot. It's on video. You are still trying to do the monkey shit. Does it make you happy? What is the basis for your assertion that he perhaps was not jogging? BTW: what were the McMichaels doing? Why were they parked in the middle of the street? Why was this other guy trailing Arbery and filming him? It seems that there was a conspiracy between the McMichaels and the guy doing the filming

What video are you talking about? I saw video that shows Arbery walk up to the house. I saw another video of him walking around in the house. I saw video of Arbery running from the house when confronted by a neighbor. And finally I saw Arbery running down the street towards the truck after already being confronted by the rednecks who shot him. I have seen no video of him jogging. If you have, please post it up.

You guys can split hairs all you want and deflect all you want, but so far, there is nothing that corroborates the idea the statement that he was out for a jog that day. Like I said, if there was, it would be widely known by now.

When are all these BLM shitheads that participated in six months of rioting, looting, murdering and intimidating White people going to be charged with hate crimes?

Blacks are very rarely charged with hate crimes though they committ more of thrm aka in a disproportionate manner.

I'm not trying to adjudicate whether or not those who shot him were justified. It looks like that is going to play out in a court of law.
I am however trying to understand why the headlines all say he was jogging like it is a proven fact.
I suspect this is to paint the picture that he was just an ordinary guy who was totally minding his own business, innocent of any transgression and all that kind of thing.
Why would the media purposefully portray him like that? Why wouldn't they say "claimed to be jogging" or "allegedly jogging"

Because he was jogging. Idiot. We know that right-wing scumbags try to portray every black person who is injured or killed as somehow a criminal who had it coming. This tactic is getting really old.
But you don't know that he was jogging. You are just saying that he was. How can you know that he was jogging? That's what I'm asking.

Idiot. It's on video. You are still trying to do the monkey shit. Does it make you happy? What is the basis for your assertion that he perhaps was not jogging? BTW: what were the McMichaels doing? Why were they parked in the middle of the street? Why was this other guy trailing Arbery and filming him? It seems that there was a conspiracy between the McMichaels and the guy doing the filming

What video are you talking about? I saw video that shows Arbery walk up to the house. I saw another video of him walking around in the house. I saw video of Arbery running from the house when confronted by a neighbor. And finally I saw Arbery running down the street towards the truck after already being confronted by the rednecks who shot him. I have seen no video of him jogging. If you have, please post it up.

You guys can split hairs all you want and deflect all you want, but so far, there is nothing that corroborates the idea the statement that he was out for a jog that day. Like I said, if there was, it would be widely known by now.

Yeah. Like you never saw the video taken by the guy in the pick-up who was following him. I'm not buying your KKK narrative.

Well, again that is irrelevant though purportedly he was known to go out jogging a lot....and there is report he used jogging as a pretect to case the area for burglary opportunities......all of which are irrelevant.

This a very simple case of assault and self defense....too many try to complicate because they see an opportunity to promote black victimhood based not on fact but on media spin.

The killers may well walk.

By the law of self defense they should....defending your life with lethal force is lawful.

No the law of self defense doesn’t say that. Idiot.

Would you quote the Georgia law on self defense?

Here it is...https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/16-3-212010 Georgia Code :: TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES :: CHAPTER 3 - DEFENSES TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS :: ARTICLE 2 - JUSTIFICATION AND EXCUSE :: § 16-3-21 - Use of force in defense of self or others; evidence of belief that force was necessary in murder or manslaughter prosecution

I don't believe he was "jogging." I believe he was trespassing, and fled.

Of course you do. He was black.
Nobody else does except blacks and gullible guilt ridden whites

Well under Georgia Law he wasn’t trespassing. And under Georgia Law the McMichaels were committing felonies even trying to catch him.

At no time did they try to arrest or even detain him.....the most they did before he attacked them was to try and question him....you are a liar.

Whether or not Ahmaud was tresspassing is irrelevant.....you simply are coinfused or you are lying or some combination thereof with little understanding of the law.

They didn't try to detain him? So you believe that Arbery felt completely free to walk away from them, do you?

Dont forget the attempted assault too that got him killed by the son.

Yeah, um, I'm also not buying that it's "attempted assault" when he was unarmed and the other men had guns and were illegally detaining him on a street. Not saying I'm not open to more evidence, but so far I haven't heard any that doesn't make me see that as "self-defense".
They werent detaining him for no reason. Also, when you are facing a potential criminal and you are holding a gun, if he charges at you and attacks you, its a pretty fucking good sign that he is not just some friendly "jogger". People have a right to defend themselves against violent attackers.

They never detained him or attempted to detain him.

That doesn't even jibe with the statement initially provided by McMichael Sr.

Yeah. Like you never saw the video taken by the guy in the pick-up who was following him. I'm not buying your KKK narrative.

Irrelevant.

Well under Georgia Law he wasn’t trespassing. And under Georgia Law the McMichaels were committing felonies even trying to catch him.

At no time did they try to arrest or even detain him.....the most they did before he attacked them was to try and question him....you are a liar.

Whether or not Ahmaud was tresspassing is irrelevant.....you simply are coinfused or you are lying or some combination thereof with little understanding of the law.

They didn't try to detain him? So you believe that Arbery felt completely free to walk away from them, do you?

He jogged away from them....he never stopped jogging until he attacked the white guy with a shotgun.

Of course you don't believe he was jogging. You saw his skin color.
He wasn't jogging, dumbass.

Why in the hell would he be jogging?
Seriously? Why would anyone be jogging? For exercise. I realize that is a foreign word to you, Chubby.
^
Obvious projection.

So now we know, bodecea is a fatass.

The reason he was not jogging is because jogging is horrible for your body. And of course his football coach would have taught him that.

Sprinting is very good exercise but jogging is very bad for you.

You're a dumbass, fatass.
So better I do wind sprints than jog

Yeah, um, I'm also not buying that it's "attempted assault" when he was unarmed and the other men had guns and were illegally detaining him on a street. Not saying I'm not open to more evidence, but so far I haven't heard any that doesn't make me see that as "self-defense".
They werent detaining him for no reason. Also, when you are facing a potential criminal and you are holding a gun, if he charges at you and attacks you, its a pretty fucking good sign that he is not just some friendly "jogger". People have a right to defend themselves against violent attackers.

Okay, give me a good and legal reason for non-police civilians to detain anyone on the street with guns. Give me sufficient and legal reasons they were justified as treating him as a "potential criminal". Tell me what legal grounds they had for doing what they did that made his behavior "assault" and not self-defense. I can assure you that if a group of men with guns detained ME on the street, and I thought hitting one of them and taking his gun would allow me to escape, I'd do exactly that, and I would think you would, as well. And that doesn't automatically make either of us a criminal. People DO have a right to defend themselves against violent attackers . . . so tell me how that's not what Arberry was doing.
If my facts are correct, they thought he was a burglar. You can make citizen arrests.

I know that if someone was yelling at you to stop, you would. If they were wearing masks and yelling "get on your knees motherfucker", it might be a different story, but in this case he evaded them, they told him to stop, he keeps going, they tell him to stop, he keeps going and after quite some time of not shooting him, they cut him off. He had no reason to believe they were truly dangerous at that point. These clearly werent highway robbers. In fact, he was so certain that the guy wasnt going to shoot him that he veered from his path and assaulted a man with a shotgun.

If MY facts are correct, they thought he was a burglar, but didn't have any actual evidence beyond their personal suspicions.

I know that if someone was yelling at me to stop, I'd pause long enough to determine if they had a right to yell at me to stop. If not, I'd continue on my fucking way, and you're damned right I'd evade them if I could. I'm still waiting for you to tell me how that would make me a criminal who deserved to be shot, or how it would make THEM "acting in self-defense" for shooting me.

What do you mean, "he had no reason to believe they were truly dangerous"? They were total strangers holding guns and detaining him with no actual authority to do so. Would YOU feel safe and in no danger in his place? "These clearly weren't highway robbers"? Clear in what way? And don't even start on that "They were THIS PARTICULAR THREAT, therefore they weren't any threat at all" crap. I don't buy that sort of cherrypicked debate parameter from anyone.

"In fact, he was so certain the guy wasn't going to shoot him that he veered from his path". Yeah, or maybe he wasn't certain at all that they weren't going to shoot him, and THAT'S why he thought he needed to disarm one of them.

They never detained him or attempted to detain him.

That doesn't even jibe with the statement initially provided by McMichael Sr.

It does not matter what the McMihcals may or may not have said....what matters is what the McMichals and the suspect actually did.

Again.....watch the video....posted more than once....what one sees is ahmaud jogging towards the truck running around the right side of the truck and then veering left to attacks the Macmichael son with the shotgun....no attempt was made to detain or arrest him.

Ahmaud assaulting the white guy is the essence of the case......all the other crap was he trespassing, was he jogging, was he running away etc. is irrelevant.

This is a case of self defense....the black guy attacks the white guy and gets killed....simple as that but because of racial propaganda many try to complicate it.

This IS a case of self-defense. The white guy detains the black guy with a gun, and the black guy tries to defend himself. Simple as that, unless you're the sort of person who thinks "white guy" and "black guy" have significance in themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, at the point where you start a confrontation with someone holding a gun in your hand, self-defense on your part goes right out the window.

Okay, give me a good and legal reason for non-police civilians to detain anyone on the street with guns. Give me sufficient and legal reasons they were justified as treating him as a "potential criminal". Tell me what legal grounds they had for doing what they did that made his behavior "assault" and not self-defense. I can assure you that if a group of men with guns detained ME on the street, and I thought hitting one of them and taking his gun would allow me to escape, I'd do exactly that, and I would think you would, as well. And that doesn't automatically make either of us a criminal. People DO have a right to defend themselves against violent attackers . . . so tell me how that's not what Arberry was doing.
If my facts are correct, they thought he was a burglar. You can make citizen arrests.

I know that if someone was yelling at you to stop, you would. If they were wearing masks and yelling "get on your knees motherfucker", it might be a different story, but in this case he evaded them, they told him to stop, he keeps going, they tell him to stop, he keeps going and after quite some time of not shooting him, they cut him off. He had no reason to believe they were truly dangerous at that point. These clearly werent highway robbers. In fact, he was so certain that the guy wasnt going to shoot him that he veered from his path and assaulted a man with a shotgun.

If MY facts are correct, they thought he was a burglar, but didn't have any actual evidence beyond their personal suspicions.

I know that if someone was yelling at me to stop, I'd pause long enough to determine if they had a right to yell at me to stop. If not, I'd continue on my fucking way, and you're damned right I'd evade them if I could. I'm still waiting for you to tell me how that would make me a criminal who deserved to be shot, or how it would make THEM "acting in self-defense" for shooting me.

What do you mean, "he had no reason to believe they were truly dangerous"? They were total strangers holding guns and detaining him with no actual authority to do so. Would YOU feel safe and in no danger in his place? "These clearly weren't highway robbers"? Clear in what way? And don't even start on that "They were THIS PARTICULAR THREAT, therefore they weren't any threat at all" crap. I don't buy that sort of cherrypicked debate parameter from anyone.

"In fact, he was so certain the guy wasn't going to shoot him that he veered from his path". Yeah, or maybe he wasn't certain at all that they weren't going to shoot him, and THAT'S why he thought he needed to disarm one of them.

You are very coinfused and are making statements that are not accurate to say the least.

First of all McMichales sr. after recieving a call about a burglary recognized Ahmaud as he was jogging or running by his house....that is what motivated him to begin the chase.

Ahmaud had a criminal history that the elder Macmichals was aware of.

Ahmaud had freedom of movement at all times....at no time did anyone attempt to detain, arrest or handcuff him....stick to the facts of the case after you learn them.

By the law of self defense they should....defending your life with lethal force is lawful.

Here it is...https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/16-3-212010 Georgia Code :: TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES :: CHAPTER 3 - DEFENSES TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS :: ARTICLE 2 - JUSTIFICATION AND EXCUSE :: § 16-3-21 - Use of force in defense of self or others; evidence of belief that force was necessary in murder or manslaughter prosecution

And you can’t claim self defense when committing a felony. Otherwise every armed robber would claim self defense when they shoot the clerk.

Pretty sure it doesn't include shooting an unarmed man who attacks you AFTER you hold a gun on him and try to illegally detain him. But if you'd like to cite that section for us, we'd love to hear it.

He jogged away from them....he never stopped jogging until he attacked the white guy with a shotgun.

Yeah, and?

He wasn't "out for a jog" in that video.

Forum List

Back