3 of the 72 Dolphins refusing White House invite

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
The White House Invite is 40 years after the fact. For political reasons, at least 3 members of the team are refusing the invite.
Bob Kuechenberg: “I want to be careful, because mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don’t say anything. I don’t have anything good to say about someone.”
Hall of Fame center Jim Langer: “We’ve got some real moral compass issues in Washington, I don’t want to be in a room with those people and pretend I’m having a good time. I can’t do that. If that (angers) people, so be it.”
Manny Fernandez:“I’ll just say my views are diametrically opposed to the President’s, Enough said. Let’s leave it at that. I hope everyone enjoys the trip who goes.”

More Power to them for standing up for their beliefs.

Hyde: A shame some '72 Dolphins refusing White House invite - Sun Sentinel

The White House Invite is 40 years after the fact. For political reasons, at least 3 members of the team are refusing the invite.
Bob Kuechenberg: “I want to be careful, because mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don’t say anything. I don’t have anything good to say about someone.”
Hall of Fame center Jim Langer: “We’ve got some real moral compass issues in Washington, I don’t want to be in a room with those people and pretend I’m having a good time. I can’t do that. If that (angers) people, so be it.”
Manny Fernandez:“I’ll just say my views are diametrically opposed to the President’s, Enough said. Let’s leave it at that. I hope everyone enjoys the trip who goes.”

:clap2:

Manny Fernandez? Aint he a wetback?

What brave individuals! You know the IRS and the NSA stasi will be on their asses.

The world is falling apart. America's foreign policy is in a shambles and the justice dept. is mired in scandal. Tell me again why the White House needs to host members of a football team at taxpayer expense when little kiddies can't visit the W.H. on a tour because of budget constraints?

Is there any record of Barry ever playing ball other than with Reggie Love and a pack of SS agents who let him score? He bowled a 37....a 37! He's a homo, he rides a girl's bike and is terrified of Vladamir Putin who is maybe 5' 7". The only reason he has sports teams in is to please swing-voters in their states....athletes frighten Barry...and no, golf isn't a sport. :eusa_eh:

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

I am proud of them for being true to themselves. I wouldn't go either, as I am not impressed with celebrities with nothing in their resume's other than being good at pretending to be serious....

Good for them!

I fully support their right to free speech.

And the consumers right to boycott their games.

Ain't it a great country!

:clap:

The world is falling apart. America's foreign policy is in a shambles and the justice dept. is mired in scandal.

Credit Obama in one way: He currently accurately represents the view of a majority of the American people in that they don't want to think much about the Middle East, either. :eusa_boohoo:

If they want to pass up an opportunity for relevance it is fine with me

I am proud of them for being true to themselves. I wouldn't go either, as I am not impressed with celebrities with nothing in their resume's other than being good at pretending to be serious....

If they gave out gift bags like those at the Oscars I would go. The WH must be spectacular. I am true to myself...I like free stuff...after all I have paid enough for it to begin with...

2012-Oscar-gift-bag-FINAL.gif

Forum List

Back