🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

33 Elk found dead in Sun Valley, Idaho

Better than starving to death probably. I don't mind hunting, but I hate it when hunter's "lure" the prey with food. That just doesn't seem much like "hunting" and seems more like cheating IMO.

At a feeding station. Made it easy pickings for a resident mountain lion. Being a feeding station sometimes the Elk step on other elk disabling them.

33 elk died at winter feeding site

Your link is almost totally redacted (grayed out for some reason). But the LOCALS in the comment section seem to be REALLY REALLY at the Fish/Game people. Claim that they stopped feeding too early and most died from starvation..

This is BS F&G and hunters should be outraged !!! Thst is not true !! Yes Cougars were at site but they didn't kill 42 not 33 elk !!!!! You stopped feeding March 1st !!!! These animals clearly died mostly from starvation !!! The vet did a necropsy and ruled starvation !!
You have done a crappy job of managing these animals and if you owned a business of managing animals you would be out of business !!!! You can't BS the public by stating that in 30 years of a feeding station thst that many animals die every year .. March 1st is recommended when your agency says quit feeding BUT, that it may be extended if needed and clearly needed !!!!!!!!
If you got off your lazy butts and had gone up there and checked once a week you would have known !!! These animals died over a period of time and you did nothing and this was a above average winter for such young animals that had all their elders killed off in a over hunt of 700 cows in just that area !!! For you to say that's normal is BS!!! I hope everyone goes to the site and looks !!!

There's more to this story. And I betcha it's good material !!!!!

I've seen deer that starved to death on top of hay bales put out from them in heavy Michigan winters....too weak to eat. Wasn't there a mass elk killing by a pack of wolves up there a week or so back?.....But wait, wolves don't thrill-kill....DOH! not often but they do.

At a feeding station. Made it easy pickings for a resident mountain lion. Being a feeding station sometimes the Elk step on other elk disabling them.

Your link is almost totally redacted (grayed out for some reason). But the LOCALS in the comment section seem to be REALLY REALLY at the Fish/Game people. Claim that they stopped feeding too early and most died from starvation..

This is BS F&G and hunters should be outraged !!! Thst is not true !! Yes Cougars were at site but they didn't kill 42 not 33 elk !!!!! You stopped feeding March 1st !!!! These animals clearly died mostly from starvation !!! The vet did a necropsy and ruled starvation !!
You have done a crappy job of managing these animals and if you owned a business of managing animals you would be out of business !!!! You can't BS the public by stating that in 30 years of a feeding station thst that many animals die every year .. March 1st is recommended when your agency says quit feeding BUT, that it may be extended if needed and clearly needed !!!!!!!!
If you got off your lazy butts and had gone up there and checked once a week you would have known !!! These animals died over a period of time and you did nothing and this was a above average winter for such young animals that had all their elders killed off in a over hunt of 700 cows in just that area !!! For you to say that's normal is BS!!! I hope everyone goes to the site and looks !!!

yes, and the TV video showed the carcasses. Most were nothing but bone. Which seemed rather strange since that would have to take place over a long period of time.

Bullwhacker elk feeding station littered with dead elk

yes, and the TV video showed the carcasses. Most were nothing but bone. Which seemed rather strange since that would have to take place over a long period of time.

Not if they were eaten!

We have coyotes around here, and my cousin is a hunter. He shot a deer with his bow and couldn't find it. He found it about a week later, and it was almost completely consumed.

We have coyotes around here, and my cousin is a hunter. He shot a deer with his bow and couldn't find it. He found it about a week later, and it was almost completely consumed.
I had an antelope get in my Sugarbeet field one time and shot him and the next day he was completely gone.

I had an antelope get in my Sugarbeet field one time and shot him and the next day he was completely gone.

We don't have antelope here. Antelope are small, aren't they? It was probably eaten up by coyotes.

We don't have antelope here. Antelope are small, aren't they? It was probably eaten up by coyotes.

They were pretty noise when I farmed that far north. I was only an hour from Sun Valley

They were pretty noise when I farmed that far north. I was only an hour from Sun Valley

:dunno: I don't know where that is.

You've never heard of Sun Valley, Idaho????? It's where all the rich hollywood types have expensive homes.
Half of Hollywood has homes in Sun Valley.
Bruce Willis has several businesses in Ketchum. Blaine County is the only Democrat county in Idaho.

Sun Valley would be like Aspen, Park City

You've never heard of Sun Valley, Idaho????? It's where all the rich hollywood types have expensive homes.
Bruce Willis has several businesses in Ketchum. Blaine County is the only Democrat county in Idaho.

Well, other than the thread title, I've never heard of it. Never been there.

I've never been to Idaho, so that would mean nothing to me. :D I live on the east coast and have lived here my whole life.

I've never been to Idaho, so that would mean nothing to me. :D I live on the east coast and have lived here my whole life.
All these liberal actors have homes in SV so when the SHTF they'll have somewhere to go.
My son installed a direct TV system for richard dreyfuse. Said his son was a flaming gay.

All these liberal actors have homes in SV so when the SHTF they'll have somewhere to go.
My son installed a direct TV system for richard dreyfuse. Said his son was a flaming gay.

Gay people don't bother me. Why should anyone care?

Forum List

Back