🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

33 Elk found dead in Sun Valley, Idaho

They were pretty noise when I farmed that far north. I was only an hour from Sun Valley

:dunno: I don't know where that is.
You've never heard of Sun Valley, Idaho????? It's where all the rich hollywood types have expensive homes.
Half of Hollywood has homes in Sun Valley.
Bruce Willis has several businesses in Ketchum. Blaine County is the only Democrat county in Idaho.

Sun Valley would be like Aspen, Park City

I've never been to Idaho, so that would mean nothing to me. :D I live on the east coast and have lived here my whole life.
All these liberal actors have homes in SV so when the SHTF they'll have somewhere to go.
My son installed a direct TV system for richard dreyfuse. Said his son was a flaming gay.

Gay people don't bother me. Why should anyone care?
Idaho is the most conservative state in the nation.

You've never heard of Sun Valley, Idaho????? It's where all the rich hollywood types have expensive homes.
Bruce Willis has several businesses in Ketchum. Blaine County is the only Democrat county in Idaho.

I've never been to Idaho, so that would mean nothing to me. :D I live on the east coast and have lived here my whole life.
All these liberal actors have homes in SV so when the SHTF they'll have somewhere to go.
My son installed a direct TV system for richard dreyfuse. Said his son was a flaming gay.

Gay people don't bother me. Why should anyone care?
Idaho is the most conservative state in the nation.

So?

CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!
wenn2670528.jpg

At a feeding station. Made it easy pickings for a resident mountain lion. Being a feeding station sometimes the Elk step on other elk disabling them.

33 elk died at winter feeding site
Thirty-three elk died at an Idaho Department of Fish and Game feeding station in Warm Springs Canyon west of Ketchum this winter—11 killed by mountain lions and 22, mostly calves, that were trampled by other elk or starved after they were unable to get to the feed

Hatch said this winter’s 18 percent mortality rate may be higher than some other winters due to the hefty snowpack, but it’s not too unusual.

The deaths at the feeding site were in addition to at least 20 elk that died this winter when hay bales stacked at farms collapsed on them, and at least 20 more died from eating toxic yew plants in and near Hailey. The Blaine County commissioners passed an ordinance in February prohibiting the exotic plants in the county.

Interesting article- what do you do when humans build up covering the Elk's normal winter grazing areas?

Doesnt' sound like the deaths threaten the Elk population there- and certainly helped the mountain lion and scavenger populations.

We don't have antelope here. Antelope are small, aren't they? It was probably eaten up by coyotes.

They were pretty noise when I farmed that far north. I was only an hour from Sun Valley

\ for richard dreyfuse. Said his son was a flaming gay.

Glad to know your son is as concerned about important issues as you are.

Forum List

Back