37% Can't Name a First Ammendment Right

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Or as the leftist school system says - success at last!

At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, I remember when they used to teach “civics” in elementary and high schools, and today — if at all — they are taught “feelgood” material out of social engineering textbooks. I know several teachers and they all have the same teaching instructions handed to them - this grade gets taught this period of history, that section of civics. Next grade another period, another section.

They know darn well people only learn from repetition. They are intentionally keeping kids from learning.

Nearly half of those surveyed (48 percent) say that freedom of speech is a right guaranteed by the First Amendment. But, unprompted, 37 percent could not name any First Amendment rights. And far fewer people could name the other First Amendment rights: 15 percent of respondents say freedom of religion; 14 percent say freedom of the press; 10 percent say the right of assembly; and only 3 percent say the right to petition the government.

Poll: Nearly 4 In 10 Americans Can't Name Any First Amendment Rights

At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, I remember when they used to teach “civics” in elementary and high schools, and today — if at all — they are taught “feelgood” material out of social engineering textbooks. I know several teachers and they all have the same teaching instructions handed to them - this grade gets taught this period of history, that section of civics. Next grade another period, another section.

They know darn well people only learn from repetition. They are intentionally keeping kids from learning.

Nearly half of those surveyed (48 percent) say that freedom of speech is a right guaranteed by the First Amendment. But, unprompted, 37 percent could not name any First Amendment rights. And far fewer people could name the other First Amendment rights: 15 percent of respondents say freedom of religion; 14 percent say freedom of the press; 10 percent say the right of assembly; and only 3 percent say the right to petition the government.

Part of my son's 5th grade homeschool civics lessons was to memorize the first ten amendments, and recite any of them on cue.

The disturbing part is that they didn't have the sense to consult the information device they held in their hands and be able to answer the question on the spot.

Part of my son's 5th grade homeschool civics lessons was to memorize the first ten amendments, and recite any of them on cue.
Tell me, how many things do you remember from 5th grade? Yeah. Without going thru them year after year your son will forget all about them by 7th grade when he is told the worlds biggest threat is climate change and people who don't like men in girls bathrooms.

.... But look on the bright side, people. The same 37 percent can name all sixty genders.

Tell me, how many things do you remember from 5th grade? Yeah.

Myself? Quite a bit, actually.

He was also taught what they meant.

My son is now 28. He can still bark them out when asked.

Please note "homeschool". He was removed from the public system at age nine.

Make him bark?

Make him bark?

He was taught not to mewl.

Forum List

Back