$ 4.09 for reg. unleaded.

I have 40 posts per page ... so page one.

There have been prominent voices in America calling for us to get off oil for like 40 years now.......and those voices have been shouted down and mocked all along........those doing the shouting and mocking having the nerve to complain about gas prices today are ultra pathetic.

thats right and that car battery? do you think Art that the research started yesterday? no, it was started decades ago.

And, there was no reason to 'get off oil', I am all for ancillary cost efficient methods substituting for oil or coal, wind/solar ( and IF they ever become mechanically possible to replace oil completely hey I am pretty much but no totally on board) . However, I am not into social arguments ala oil is evil, environmental alarmist dogma.

I think the no reason to "get off" oil was a very short sighted attitude to take and I think there has been a lot of money and influence thrown around the last 40 years to help ensure that oil remains king. Had we as a nation taken a different path decades ago we might not be in this mess now or at the very least on the way to getting out of it and not lost in the woods.

yes well, though I agree, unfortunately the battle was lost back in the early 1900's when Rockefeller used his vast influence to beat back Ford with his vision for ala hemp or ethanol. It is what it is.

We are Arrakis. The spice is there, its just a matter of getting it. The spice must flow. ;)

you mean page 3? anyway, that was just another mish mash of the same old same old, aside from the usual pejoratives etc. for the 11th time, there is no car battery even in prototype that creates any cost efficient benefit that would mainstream the use of such even at 3.50 or $4 a gallon.

the FACT is fossil furl is the energy for the next 25 years, refusal to acknowledge that strikes me as petro- luddism.

I have 40 posts per page ... so page one.

There have been prominent voices in America calling for us to get off oil for like 40 years now.......and those voices have been shouted down and mocked all along........those doing the shouting and mocking having the nerve to complain about gas prices today are ultra pathetic.

thats right and that car battery? do you think Art that the research started yesterday? no, it was started decades ago.

And, there was no reason to 'get off oil', I am all for ancillary cost efficient methods substituting for oil or coal, wind/solar ( and IF they ever become mechanically possible to replace oil completely hey I am pretty much but no totally on board) . However, I am not into social arguments ala oil is evil, environmental alarmist dogma.
There is only one way off oil. Return to a wood and whale oil fired, animal powered lifestyle of the 1800's. No oil. No plastic. Very little electricity. Few medicines. Less production. Less food. More disease. Shorter lifespans.

What the fuck are you idiots thinking? And no, you don't get solar power, iPods, iPads, cellphones and transistors without plastic you retards. You're preaching the return to the despised Industrial era with all it's pollution and environmental destruction because technology will not be allowed to produce a better world.

Better living through chemistry and technology.

Learn it.
Live it.
Love it.

So who's making all the money off a gallon of gas?

The Taxman gets about $.50 a gallon.

The gas station owner claims he gets about $.10 a gallon.

Transportation and refining take about another $.50 a gallon.

So who gets the lion's share of that $4.00 a gallon gas?

not the oil co's. their profit margin is at a high point, 10%. The rest is operating costs- exploratory, drilling, refining and delivery.

RDD_1210 said:
Typical response from you.

No one who drives a car getting 8mpg EVER has a right to complain about gas prices, Obamas statement was spot on.

That's would be like lighting your money on fire and then bitching that you're broke. GTFO.

Hey schmuck.

When you sending me YOUR excess income? I figure anything over 30k belongs to me now. You are such the philanthropist, after all and looooooove helping the poor with your own damn money.

Gimme you elitist prick.

Last edited:

not the oil co's. their profit margin is at a high point, 10%. The rest is operating costs- exploratory, drilling, refining and delivery.

Or so they tell us.

And when gubmint tax makes up about 30% of the cost of fuel while the oil companies have a profit margin of less than 10%... see some small disparity there? I sure do.

Except that's what Obamas quote was in reference too. Looks like Oddball decided to leave that part out of his post. Shocking.

Obama made up this "8 MPG" meme to trivialize the legitimate complaint of citizens regarding gasoline prices. Gas prices have doubled since he took office. That increase disproportionately hurts poor and middle class people who are struggling to get by.
Hey schmuck.

When you sending me YOUR excess income? I figure anything over 30k belongs to me now. You are such the philanthropist, after all and looooooove helping the poor with your own damn money.

Gimme you elitist prick.

Shouldn't you be out working trying to figure out how you can get some health insurance and not wasting time on the internet with the grown ups?

China is leading they way. They have the largest wind farms in the world, they have the largest solar fields in the world, and the larget hydroelectric dams in the world. I wonder why? Our stead fast dependancy on oil is not a good thing.

Or so they tell us.

Exxon's profit margin is about 8%.

XOM Income Statement | Exxon Mobil Corporation Common Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Even if you exclude the income tax expense, which is not representative of cash taxes paid, XOM's profit margin is 14%. For comparison, right now, the average profit margin of large publicly-traded American companies is about 9%.

China is leading they way. They have the largest wind farms in the world, they have the largest solar fields in the world, and the larget hydroelectric dams in the world. I wonder why? Our stead fast dependancy on oil is not a good thing.

Why? Because the government does whatever the hell they want to do in China. They do not have politicans and activists telling them not to build a wind farm because it's ugly, a dam because it will hurt the environment or a solar field because it'll upset a couple of rattle snakes.

Obama made up this "8 MPG" meme to trivialize the legitimate complaint of citizens regarding gasoline prices. Gas prices have doubled since he took office. That increase disproportionately hurts poor and middle class people who are struggling to get by.
Hey schmuck.

Gimme you elitist prick.

Shouldn't you be out working trying to figure out how you can get some health insurance and not wasting time on the internet with the grown ups?
Why? Pay for mine. You've got more money than me and the compassion. Pony up.

When was the last hydroelectric dam built in the US? Pre-econazi control I suspect. You know how much of a fit those morons would have nowadays if you dammed up a river for evil electricity?

A Prius? No, but there are plenty of vehicle alternatives to the gas guzzlers we drive around. In my commute to work I pass gas guzzling SUV after gas guzzling SUV with only ONE driver in it. We aren't talking about the working vehicle for the construction crews for goodness sake, but the regular vehicle an individual drives to work every day.

It won't be much longer until this is available to the construction minded individual that needs a larger vehicle:

Transit-Connect-Electric_002.png

There are alternatives and looking to them saves us much more than doing something really stupid...like drilling for more of the finite fuel source, oil.
Electric cars still require conventional fuels, to run the power plant, to charge up the car.

Of course, if your budget is already strained from the shit economy, the suggestion that you trade in your current ride for a new (probably higher) payment for an Obammymobile is plain old absurd....Just another piece of evidence of how completely cloistered in his little ivory tower that the Boiking is.

True story.

What would happen to the electrical grid if we immediately stopped using oil and switched to EVs?

In CA, transmission lines are ancient, and have needed to be increased and upgraded for years. And good luck building a new power plant with all of the EPA restrictions abused by the environazis.

yup, right here in san jose, back 1999 rolling brown outs and all, the city said no to a Calpine power plant 5 miles from me in an area along side highway 101 that is barren, hidden by hills and useless.
The fight started in 1999 and finally was after umpteen battles started in 03 completed in 2005, Metcalf had to get refinancing twice and this all added to the cost at the end of the day, a cost that I pick up every month.

And when gubmint tax makes up about 30% of the cost of fuel while the oil companies have a profit margin of less than 10%... see some small disparity there? I sure do.

yes, the permitting to lease for exploration, to permitting for drilling,the drilling, royalties, the pipelining , refining, delivery from ground to pump to car delivery is costly.

Last edited:
Hey schmuck.

Gimme you elitist prick.

I already do pay for yours. Have been for years.

No... as it is so often put... that's the Gubmint's money, not yours.

And besides, you have too much anyway.

Gimme. You owe me.

Gimme. You owe me.

My insurance rates are higher because of you showing up without coverage. So thanks for that.

"Why don't you work harder and stop mooching off of me? Why are you so lazy?"

In my small town in California, regular unleaded is up to $ 4.39 a gallon.

Damn.. those Democrats have screwed us..

I guess we could all move to Brazil.

Obama says, ‘Drill, baby, drill … in Brazil | prices, obama, says - The Star Online : The Newspaper of Cleveland County

I really wish many of you whiners would. However, your crakcpot comic relief showing how little any of you know about the factors that drive pump prices up and down is at least entertaining.

Gimme. You owe me.

My insurance rates are higher because of you showing up without coverage. So thanks for that.

Sucks to be you. Maybe you should reduce to a cheaper plan. Why should I work when you're doing better than me. Gimme. That would be fair.

Gimme. You owe me.

Sucks to be you. Maybe you should reduce to a cheaper plan. Why should I work when you're doing better than me. Gimme. That would be fair.

Actually it doesn't suck to be me. I'm doing well and have no real complaints. "It's not my fault you are lazy and don't want to work hard". It's a good thing I support my tax dollars going to support "free loaders" such as yourself.

Forum List

Back