4 Guns Bills Fail in Senate; Democrats Trying to Blame Republicans

I shoot muzzle loader, 22, crossbow, shotgun, Ruger 450 bushmaster, 410 and a 45. I own 6 guns none of them are WMD's.
Are any of those semi-auto?

and, are you demonstrating your virtue for all to see?
The 45 I can just pull pull pull pull the trigger until it's empty. That's the closest thing I have to a semi auto. The rest are hunting guns. Oh and the 22 is a deringer revolver.
Thanks for the confession that you've never even seen a gun before.

Why do you say that? I just listed the 6 guns I own.

And I've been to a shooting range and got to shoot all kinds of WMD's.
You're a lying pos.

I shoot muzzle loader, 22, crossbow, shotgun, Ruger 450 bushmaster, 410 and a 45. I own 6 guns none of them are WMD's.

The 45 I can just pull pull pull pull the trigger until it's empty. That's the closest thing I have to a semi auto. The rest are hunting guns. Oh and the 22 is a deringer revolver.

I don't give a shit what guns you own just like you shouldn't give a shit what guns I own

First, it was "assault weapon"
The term of choice then changed to "semi-auto assault rifle"
After that, the term of choice became "weapon of war"
NOW its "WMD"

Just another example of the dishonest preying on the ignorant.

You asked me if any of them were semi automatics.

Sorry but 90% of Americans agree with me. I'm just hoping this drives them to the polls so we can take our country back.

NOW its "WMD"
No. I didn't.
I commented on your dishonest, ignorant and rather comical use of "WMD" to describe the AR15 and firearms like it.
You, and anti-gun loons like you, are desperate to sway the opinion of the ignorant to your side with dishonest appeals to emotion, because you know you cannot sway them with reason.

I don't give a shit what guns you own just like you shouldn't give a shit what guns I own

I said I want you to be able to keep your guns. Just don't make those kinds of guns moving forward. We as a society get to decide what guns are legal and which should not be legal.

Machine guns and fifty caliber rifles are highly destructive weapons appropriate only for military use. Machine guns have been comprehensively regulated at the federal level since the 1930s, and the manufacture or importation of new machine guns for sale to civilians has been banned since 1986. On the other hand, federal law treats fifty caliber rifles no differently from other long guns, as do all but three states and the District of Columbia.

To circumvent the significant restrictions on machine guns, the gun industry has marketed devices that can be attached to semi-automatic firearms and accelerate the weapon’s rate of fire to rates approaching automatic machine gun fire. These devices, including bump-fire (or bump stock) and trigger crank devices, were designed to skirt the limits of federal lawbecause historically they were not considered machine guns under federal law.

Bump-fire devices replace a semi-automatic rifle’s standard shoulder stock and allow the weapon to smoothly slide (or “bump”) back and forth very rapidly between the shooter’s shoulder and trigger finger. By harnessing the weapon’s recoil or kickback, the bump stock causes the trigger to be engaged many times faster than a human could otherwise fire. In October 2017, a gunman in Las Vegas used multiple bump fire devices to convert semi-automatic rifles into weapons that fired nine shots per second. He used those weapons to carry out the deadliest mass shooting attack in modern American history. In response to this shooting, effective March 26, 2019, the ATF amended its regulations and now classifies bump stocks as machine guns, effectively banning them.

Class III NFA Weapons / Title 2 firearms are not as commonly known nor as straight forward as the Title 1 firearms. All class III / title 2 weapons fall into 1 of 6 different categories.

1) Machineguns,

2) Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs),

3) Short Barreled Shotguns (SBSs),

4) Suppressors,

5) Any Other Weapon (AOWs) and

6) Destructive Devices.

Do you have a problem with this? I see you guys didn't revolt or start a civil war when these weapons were essentially banned. Or we stopped making them.

We just need to go a little further. There are some guns out there that shouldn't be sold to the masses. Too many crazies out there. Not worth it for the small chance one day our government is going to become so corrupt we need to take up arms against them. And if that happens, some rabble rouser who owns a gun company will just start mass producing them for the militia.

I said I want you to be able to keep your guns. Just don't make those kinds of guns moving forward. We as a society get to decide what guns are legal and which should not be legal.
So long as you do not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms, sure.
Please demonstrate how the AR15 - a firearm commonly used for the traditionally legal purposes of a firearm - does not fall into the "bearable arms" protected by the 2nd.

you-beat-him-whats-the-matter-you-strangled-him-whats-30391369.png

Your cartoon misses the point you stupid fucker The caption should read, "you shot 26 children. We have got to do something about semi auto guns and magazines that carry more than 10 rounds.

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting Adam Lanza shot and killed 26 people, including 20 children between six and seven years old, and six adult staff members.

The incident remains the deadliest mass shooting at either a high school or grade school in U.S. history and the fourth-deadliest mass shooting by a single person in U.S. history. The shooting prompted renewed debate about gun control in the United States, including proposals to make the background-check system universal, and for new federal and state gun legislation banning the sale and manufacture of certain types of semi-automatic firearms and magazines with more than ten rounds of ammunition.

The gun didn't shoot anyone all by itself did it?

Sometimes they do. I just took hunter safety and shit like that does happen.

Really?

A gun that no one touched just went off all by itself?

FYI a delayed fire was still caused by a person pulling the trigger

Well a person had to load the gun so I guess an empty gun can't kill anyone. But in hunter safety they showed how a person could not put the firing pin on the safety position for a revolver and if it's touching the bullet and someone drops the gun the hammer could cause the bullet to shoot. So no finger on the trigger necessary. True story.

NOW its "WMD"
No. I didn't.
I commented on your dishonest, ignorant and rather comical use of "WMD" to describe the AR15 and firearms like it.
You, and anti-gun loons like you, are desperate to sway the opinion of the ignorant to your side with dishonest appeals to emotion, because you know you cannot sway them with reason.
We're coming for your guns. All of them.

Please demonstrate how the AR15 - a firearm commonly used for the traditionally legal purposes of a firearm - does not fall into the "bearable arms" protected by the 2nd.

The AR15 should be legal but it holds 30 rounds. Make it 10 and you can keep making them. Semi auto. No bump stocks.

NOW its "WMD"
No. I didn't.
Does it ever bother you that the only way you can achieve your (absolutely inane) agenda goals it to lie to the ignorant?

Machine guns and fifty caliber rifles are highly destructive weapons appropriate only for military use. Machine guns have been comprehensively regulated at the federal level since the 1930s, and the manufacture or importation of new machine guns for sale to civilians has been banned since 1986. On the other hand, federal law treats fifty caliber rifles no differently from other long guns, as do all but three states and the District of Columbia.

To circumvent the significant restrictions on machine guns, the gun industry has marketed devices that can be attached to semi-automatic firearms and accelerate the weapon’s rate of fire to rates approaching automatic machine gun fire. These devices, including bump-fire (or bump stock) and trigger crank devices, were designed to skirt the limits of federal lawbecause historically they were not considered machine guns under federal law.

Bump-fire devices replace a semi-automatic rifle’s standard shoulder stock and allow the weapon to smoothly slide (or “bump”) back and forth very rapidly between the shooter’s shoulder and trigger finger. By harnessing the weapon’s recoil or kickback, the bump stock causes the trigger to be engaged many times faster than a human could otherwise fire. In October 2017, a gunman in Las Vegas used multiple bump fire devices to convert semi-automatic rifles into weapons that fired nine shots per second. He used those weapons to carry out the deadliest mass shooting attack in modern American history. In response to this shooting, effective March 26, 2019, the ATF amended its regulations and now classifies bump stocks as machine guns, effectively banning them.

Class III NFA Weapons / Title 2 firearms are not as commonly known nor as straight forward as the Title 1 firearms. All class III / title 2 weapons fall into 1 of 6 different categories.

1) Machineguns,

2) Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs),

3) Short Barreled Shotguns (SBSs),

4) Suppressors,

5) Any Other Weapon (AOWs) and

6) Destructive Devices.

Do you have a problem with this? I see you guys didn't revolt or start a civil war when these weapons were essentially banned. Or we stopped making them.

We just need to go a little further. There are some guns out there that shouldn't be sold to the masses. Too many crazies out there. Not worth it for the small chance one day our government is going to become so corrupt we need to take up arms against them. And if that happens, some rabble rouser who owns a gun company will just start mass producing them for the militia.

Shotguns with a less than 18 and Rifles with a barrel of less than 16 are already highly regulated and must be registered with the ATF. Your average law abiding gun owner doesn't own these and criminals will just saw off a barrel.

Machine guns manufactured post 1986 are illegal for any civilian to own and the ones that are available are so expensive the average Joe can't afford them

The AR15 should be legal but it holds 30 rounds. Make it 10 and you can keep making them. Semi auto. No bump stocks.
I don't see your demonstration of how the AR15 - a firearm commonly used for the traditionally legal purposes of a firearm - does not fall into the "bearable arms" protected by the 2nd.
Well?

Your cartoon misses the point you stupid fucker The caption should read, "you shot 26 children. We have got to do something about semi auto guns and magazines that carry more than 10 rounds.

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting Adam Lanza shot and killed 26 people, including 20 children between six and seven years old, and six adult staff members.

The incident remains the deadliest mass shooting at either a high school or grade school in U.S. history and the fourth-deadliest mass shooting by a single person in U.S. history. The shooting prompted renewed debate about gun control in the United States, including proposals to make the background-check system universal, and for new federal and state gun legislation banning the sale and manufacture of certain types of semi-automatic firearms and magazines with more than ten rounds of ammunition.

The gun didn't shoot anyone all by itself did it?

Sometimes they do. I just took hunter safety and shit like that does happen.

Really?

A gun that no one touched just went off all by itself?

FYI a delayed fire was still caused by a person pulling the trigger

Well a person had to load the gun so I guess an empty gun can't kill anyone. But in hunter safety they showed how a person could not put the firing pin on the safety position for a revolver and if it's touching the bullet and someone drops the gun the hammer could cause the bullet to shoot. So no finger on the trigger necessary. True story.

All accidental discharges are caused by people not the guns

You're worried about your own government. I know.
Doesn't mean I want you to own a RPG or WMD.

RPG or WMD??? Who mentioned those other than you?

You've been caught again in a boldface lie .
See, originally we were talking about what you call 'assault" weapons and high capacity magazines.

The truth behind the lie you just told is that you don't want Americans owning any "weapons" that could give it any kind of "capable" resistance.

Besides, who the fuck are YOU to decide what I own? I have no criminal record, no intent to harm anyone and I secure any "tools" I have that could potentially get into the wrong hands.

Yet out of the other side of your reptilian mouth you and your ilk advocate for outright lawlessness and leniency for violent criminals?

You must be insane.

Well we know the Trump supporters are going to show up and we know us liberals are going to show up.

It's up to the people who usually don't show up. Women, Gays, Mexicans, Muslims and Blacks who are offended by Trump.

If blacks showed up for Hillary the way they did for Obama, Trump wouldn't be president right now.

Don't forget we aren't going to run a bad candidate like we did last time. Our next candidate will campaign in PA, WI and MI.

And if Trump causes a recession? You're done.

Trump claims the US economy is 'incredible' and far from recession — but 4 of his favorite indicators paint a different picture | Markets Insider

Several of the economic indicators the Trump administration showed off in a briefing have since fallen.

Investment in non-residential equipment, small business optimism, and purchasing manager sentiment have all seen a downtrend

That hasn't stopped the White House from continuing to praise the economy. Trump lauded it as "incredible" on Tuesday before revealing his administration was considering "various tax reductions" to stimulate consumer spending. The president stressed that any tax cut wouldn't represent an effort to invigorate a slowing economy.

"I've been thinking about payroll taxes for a long time," Trump said. "Whether or not we do it now, it's not being done because of recession."

Here are four indicators that might suggest otherwise, and what their downward trend means for the US economy:

Private non-residential fixed investment

ISM Purchasing Managers' Index

Small Business Optimism Index

Goods-producing employment

Remember Republicans said it was them who warned us about the recession that happened in 2008? Bullshit. I remember all they said the entire Bush presidency was that the economy was great. So now, here we are again, and I will not forget that Republicans denied this recession is coming. And why? Because it's Trump who is causing it to happen with his trade war with China, that he's losing.

Ah yes, the Small Business Optimism Index, you mention. Here's what it says >>

Small Business optimism jumped to a record high under President Trump, according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
  • The NFIB’s Small Business Optimism Index broke a 35-year record in August :biggrin:
Also,
  • The National Association of Manufacturers’ Outlook Index had the highest annual average in its history over the past year.
  • Manufacturing added 284,000 jobs in 2018, the most added in a year since 1997
And you're not going to run a bad candidate again ? HA HA. Name one good one in this bunch blithering buffoons. Biden ? Falling fast. Bernie ? (too crazy & extreme). Kamala ? (even the black won't vote for her) ? Pochahontas ? (give us a break!)

NOW its "WMD"
No. I didn't.
Does it ever bother you that the only way you can achieve your (absolutely inane) agenda goals it to lie to the ignorant?
But how did we get some guns classified as Class III NFA Weapons / Title 2 firearms? Was doing this inane? Did we have to lie? Then how come the GOP didn't overturn this when they had full control of the government?

Trump and the GOP got everything they wanted passed in 2009. Why didn't they undo this?

And there may be a gun in the future that has not yet been made. It may be ok for the military to use it in combat but not you having it on the streets.

P.S. The government doesn't even care what the law is. If it did how could it arrest this guy for legally open carrying?

Man arrested at Walmart with firearm, about100 rounds of ammunition "lucky he's alive still"

"His intent was not to cause peace or comfort," Lieutenant Mike Lucas told KYTV. "He's lucky he's alive still, to be honest."

In Missouri, there isn't a statute that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm and certain permit holders are explicitly allowed to open carry, according to the Giffords Law Center. People with a valid concealed carry permit, who are lawfully carrying a firearm may briefly openly display the firearm.

However, they may not do so in an angry or threatening manner that wasn't necessary for self-defense.

In Missouri, according to the National Rifle Association (NRA), anyone who is over the age of 19 and legally permitted to own a firearm can carry a rifle or handgun without a permit

Trump won Missouri. It's a red state. Why did they arrest the young man?

NOW its "WMD"

Sorry but 90% of Americans agree with me. I'm just hoping this drives them to the polls so we can take our country back.

Yes..... you need uninformed people you can stampede..... but remember, when the government begins filling mass graves, the first wave of left wingers go in the ground after the innocent men, women and children, you eat your own........

NOW its "WMD"
No. I didn't.
But how did we get some guns classified as Class III NFA Weapons / Title 2 firearms? Was doing this inane? Did we have to lie? Then how come the GOP didn't overturn this when they had full control of the government?

Trump and the GOP got everything they wanted passed in 2009. Why didn't they undo this?

And there may be a gun in the future that has not yet been made. It may be ok for the military to use it in combat but not you having it on the streets.

P.S. The government doesn't even care what the law is. If it did how could it arrest this guy for legally open carrying?

Man arrested at Walmart with firearm, about100 rounds of ammunition "lucky he's alive still"

"His intent was not to cause peace or comfort," Lieutenant Mike Lucas told KYTV. "He's lucky he's alive still, to be honest."

In Missouri, there isn't a statute that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm and certain permit holders are explicitly allowed to open carry, according to the Giffords Law Center. People with a valid concealed carry permit, who are lawfully carrying a firearm may briefly openly display the firearm.

However, they may not do so in an angry or threatening manner that wasn't necessary for self-defense.

In Missouri, according to the National Rifle Association (NRA), anyone who is over the age of 19 and legally permitted to own a firearm can carry a rifle or handgun without a permit

Why did they arrest the young man?

Disturbing the peace, and he will likely walk on that charge since they have open carry in that state......

No. I didn't.

Why did they arrest the young man?

Disturbing the peace, and he will likely walk on that charge since they have open carry in that state......

I will be keeping a close eye on that case. Every gun nut should too.

Forum List

Back