🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

40 Brave Soldiers for Christ

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2oMlaIDos]40 Brave Soldiers for Christ - YouTube[/ame]

I found more information on the web for this video:

Forty Martyrs of Sebaste - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Forty Martyrs of Sebaste or the Holy Forty (Ancient/Katharevousa Greek Ἃγιοι Τεσσεράκοντα, Demotic Άγιοι Σαράντα) were a group of Roman soldiers in the Legio XII Fulminata (Armed with Lightning) whose martyrdom in 320 for the Christian faith is recounted in traditional martyrologies.

They were killed near the city of Sebaste (present-day Sivas in Turkey), in Lesser Armenia, victims of the persecutions of Licinius, who after 316, persecuted the Christians of the East. The earliest account of their existence and martyrdom is given by Bishop Basil of Caesarea (370–379) in a homily delivered on the feast of the Forty Martyrs.[1] The feast is consequently more ancient than the episcopate of Basil, whose eulogy on them was pronounced only fifty or sixty years after martyrdom.

And of course, this story is all baloney.

Licinius was emperor of Rome from 308 to 324 and a contemporary opponent of Constantine who eventually defeated, imprisoned him then had him hanged.

Constantine made every effort to blacken the reputation of his imperial colleague. To this end, stories began circulating about Licinius’s cruelty. It was said that he had put to death Severianus, the son of the emperor Severus, as well as Candidianus, the son of Galerius.[7] To this was added the execution of the wife and daughter of the Emperor Diocletian, who had fled from the court of Licinius before being discovered at Thessalonica.[7] Much of this can be considered imperial propaganda on the part of Constantine.

In addition, as part of Constantine’s attempts to decrease Licinius’s popularity, he actively portrayed his brother-in-law as a pagan supporter. This was not the case; contemporary evidence tends to suggest that he was at least a committed supporter of Christians.[4] He co-authored the Edict of Milan which ended the Great Persecution, and re-affirmed the rights of Christians in his half of the empire. He also added the Christian symbol to his armies, and attempted to regulate the affairs of the Church hierarchy just as Constantine and his successors were to do. His wife was a devout Christian.[12] It is even a possibility that he converted.[4] However, Eusebius of Caesarea, writing under the rule of Constantine, charges him with expelling Christians from the Palace and ordering military sacrifice, as well as interfering with the Church's internal procedures and organization.[13] According to Eusebius, this turned what appeared to be a committed Christian into a man who feigned sympathy for the sect but who eventually exposed his true bloodthirsty pagan nature, only to be stopped by the virtuous Constantine.[4]

Finally, on Licinius’s death, his memory was branded with infamy; his statues were thrown down; and by edict, all his laws and judicial proceedings during his reign were abolished.[7]

The Edict of Milan

The document known as the Edict of Milan (Edictum Mediolanense) is found in Lactantius' De Mortibus Persecutorum and Eusebius of Caesarea's History of the Church with marked divergences between the two.[1] In February 313, Emperor Constantine I, who controlled the western part of the Roman Empire, and Licinius, who controlled the Balkans, met in Milan and, among other things, agreed to treat the Christians benevolently.

Who knows why these soldiers were put to death, if in fact they were. It may have been just one more lie by Constantine to tear down the legacy of Licinius.

But the catholic church, under the direction of Constantine, wasn't about to let a good massacre, or story of one, go to waste.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licinius

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edict_of_Milan

Last edited:
Who knows why these soldiers were put to death, if in fact they were. It may have been just one more lie by Constantine to tear down the legacy of Licinius.

But the catholic church, under the direction of Constantine, wasn't about to let a good massacre, or story of one, go to waste.

Correlation doesn't prove causation and in your own words "who knows why" so you can't change the story if you don't know.
Wanting to change history without a reason is an agenda if you don't have a valid cause except "you don't like the story" so you will change it.

Last edited:

Correlation doesn't prove causation and in your own words "who knows why" so you can't change the story if you don't know.
Wanting to change history without a reason is an agenda if you don't have a valid cause except "you don't like the story" so you will change it.

I've provided facts, you've provided a sermon.

No lie is too great or too horrible as long as it's done in the service of our lord and savior jebus christ.

No lie is too great or too horrible as long as it's done in the service of our lord and savior jebus christ.

There can also be two sides of every story.

40 Brave Soldiers for Christ - YouTube

I found more information on the web for this video:

Forty Martyrs of Sebaste - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Forty Martyrs of Sebaste or the Holy Forty (Ancient/Katharevousa Greek Ἃγιοι Τεσσεράκοντα, Demotic Άγιοι Σαράντα) were a group of Roman soldiers in the Legio XII Fulminata (Armed with Lightning) whose martyrdom in 320 for the Christian faith is recounted in traditional martyrologies.

They were killed near the city of Sebaste (present-day Sivas in Turkey), in Lesser Armenia, victims of the persecutions of Licinius, who after 316, persecuted the Christians of the East. The earliest account of their existence and martyrdom is given by Bishop Basil of Caesarea (370–379) in a homily delivered on the feast of the Forty Martyrs.[1] The feast is consequently more ancient than the episcopate of Basil, whose eulogy on them was pronounced only fifty or sixty years after martyrdom.

These Roman soldiers were possessed with thoughts from the "beast", not Christ. Anyone who kills comes from God's delusions called Lucifer and the beast. These people are sinners who can't obey the commandments of God.

Bishops, Cardinals, Popes, Priests, Pastors, Nuns, etc. are all people who think with thoughts from the "beast" that keeps them deceived from Christ, where the thoughts of Truth are stored as wavelengths of energy. Lucifer and the beast are God's planned deceptions to keep his created men from knowing who they are and teach them how to build things. These sinners had no idea who our Creator was but they sure knew how to build false gods ( cathedrals, church buildings, schools, governments and it's buildings, etc. ).

Sure, but which side has facts and which side has sermons and warnings about a fiery hell where demons eat your face?

Sure, but which side has facts and which side has sermons and warnings about a fiery hell where demons eat your face?

It is not unusual for people to be martyred or persecuted for their faith and more people have been martyred in the 20th century and maybe more in the 21st century than all history combined.

It is not unusual for people to be martyred or persecuted for their faith and more people have been martyred in the 20th century and maybe more in the 21st century than all history combined.

Possibly, but the "40 martyrs" mentioned in this post are certainly suspect, if they ever existed, based on the facts and evidence I've provided.

Sounds like this martyrous event was fabricated by Constantine and mushroomed into a historical meme that the catholic church lept on for propaganda purposes, and it's brain dead adherents sucked up to like pit bulls with a steak.

No lie is too big when it advances the cause of the church...which may be different then the cause of jebus.

The Lord reminded me today that God didn't remove the Pharisees and the Saducees who opposed Jesus but he did blind the one who opposed Paul - Bar Jesus - because Paul spoke forth the word when the Spirit of God said, Do it now... Do you remember the story, Chuck? Bar Jesus was a Jew but not a real Jew but one who was a sorcerer and of the synagogue of Satan and he tried to keep one whom Paul ministered to from coming to Jesus.

He ended up blind and someone led him out by the hand - when the Holy Spirit comes fully in - this shall happen again.. I discern by the Spirit and He even shows me these who do use two or more screen names in order to bring confusion and disorder but truly it is the same person as the Spirit of God tells me and you cannot fool the Holy Ghost! Ha! Ha! Bar Jesus is still Bar Jesus under any other name and woe to that man who heeds not the warning.....

Getting to the story you post here ....... I believe many will be martyred for Christ. I believe the martyrs crown is to be highly coveted because there is no greater love than for man to lay his life down for his brother.. even for Christ! Yes... oh I love what the Holy Spirit led me to learn one day about the Blood of Jesus and the power of the Blood of Jesus....... and even about my salvation, Chuck!

When I think about my walk in regards to past 24 yrs minus the ones in which I ran for a short time from the Lord - I noticed one thing about the world.. they are full of fear....they fear being killed, they fear having an operation because they might not wake up, they fear so many things, they fear not having enough food, not knowing the future, not knowing period!.... Chuck. Whereas I prefer the Lord tell me when he is just about ready to do it! That way I'm fresh and ready! ha! ha!

I began to wonder why am I not in fear? I never feel fear like other folks I've met who didn't know the Lord and I wondered is there something wrong with me that I don't feel that fear? I fear the Lord, I fear for the souls of the lost which drives me to pray for them but I don't have any fear of a man - ( who is man that I should fear him? ha! like the grass they burn up! ) like people get in a bad situation! Not when I am abiding in Christ. I cannot even MAKE MYSELF feel it. Now listen to this.. this is what the Lord showed me through another believer!

I never saw this before!!

And in nothing terrified by your adversaries, which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

What does this mean? It is about martyrdom and any other life threatening situation - even the invasion of a nation that would have mass slaughter in the streets...... what is it to the one who abides under the shadow of the Almighty? ( Psalm 91 ) No fear... you see for the christian there is no fear in death... there is no fear in telling a sorcerer or a terrorist or a communist soldier in china - you need Jesus Christ! You are going to hell, friend!

Yes, it is easy to tell them when the Spirit leads you..... You have very little time to turn around before you will find yourself cast down into hell headlong for all eternity - wake up and repent, you sorcerer! Satan has no intention of sharing his kingdom with you later on!

Now a good person who is not saved will not have that death defying boldness a christian will... for instance ... I have a dear friend who said he wouldn't write anymore and was told by someone high up it was time to stop writing on the internet that they are going to get our names! ha! ha! They had better have my name already! Because even Hell has my name and God delights to know I made the enemy list down there! ha! ha! We are supposed to be known by hell and its soldiers...of course.. but we have full authority over it all and can take dominion over anything by the name of Jesus... still.........

. I felt so deeply sorry for the precious little lamb - my friend - but I'm fearless and I'm going to be preaching this gospel until I am ready to lay my life down for it. No man is taking it from me, I will lay it down when the Holy Ghost says this is your time and it will not be one second sooner........ my fear is that the souls I pray for will say no to Jesus and lose heaven and then say, she didn't try hard enough! She wasn't urgent enough! But Chuck! When I am too urgent I fear driving them away and so I ask God please help me find balance here...... give me a greater measure of the Holy Ghost! Without him, we can do nothing!

Winning a hardened sinner is like trying to take a splinter out of your childs foot... you speak tenderly, you try to reassure them of Gods love but the moment they feel the sharpness of the word of God cutting into that flesh of theirs they either scream or pull their foot back and say lets wait awhile! That is what it reminds me of - it is far better when you pray them in... much easier too.. it is like putting a piece of salt pork on that splinter and leaving it there until the salt draws it out naturally and before you know it - it just falls away... I pray the Lord sends more laborers into his field for the harvest is already white.....it's time.

You are a sinner who preaches a false gospel like all the other Christians have since Rome started the official false religion of Christianity. Once Rome killed all the true saints, they set up the governing religious body called the Vatican to make new laws for their Christians to obey. These false laws kept Christians from knowing the Truth and obeying the commandments of our Creator.

Every single Christian has disobeyed the commandments of God and are not true saints with the invisible knowledge of God to testify from in writing and speaking.

You are a false prophet and an antichrist by using words that you're not authorized by God to use. You use them for your own selfish purpose.

God uses us saints to read the prophecies so He can interpret them. Then He has us write the stories in our own language as He provides us the words in our mind ( mind of God ) according to His will ( plan ). This is how He interprets these prophecies through us saints.

Christians use their own selfish flesh to interpret the prophecies and every single time they've been wrong.

Possibly, but the "40 martyrs" mentioned in this post are certainly suspect, if they ever existed, based on the facts and evidence I've provided.

Sounds like this martyrous event was fabricated by Constantine and mushroomed into a historical meme that the catholic church lept on for propaganda purposes, and it's brain dead adherents sucked up to like pit bulls with a steak.

No lie is too big when it advances the cause of the church...which may be different then the cause of jebus.

So the reason is religious prejudice to change history? No Christians existed or were ever picked on because they were better than everyone else? Just wipe them out of history? Just ignore the fact that they ever existed?

The Lord reminded me today that God didn't remove the Pharisees and the Saducees who opposed Jesus but he did blind the one who opposed Paul - Bar Jesus - because Paul spoke forth the word when the Spirit of God said, Do it now... Do you remember the story, Chuck? Bar Jesus was a Jew but not a real Jew but one who was a sorcerer and of the synagogue of Satan and he tried to keep one whom Paul ministered to from coming to Jesus.

I think the problem here is criticism and the two reasons are to confuse and to divert attention away from the criticizers or the truth.

I think that enduring abuse is wrong and as a pastor said, we would have to have ice in our veins not to have pain for criticism.

..........and Alfalfa wonders why he is reaping bullies? Maybe he should stop bullying the believers and things would go better for him. Try sowing words of life, Alf. Let's see what that produces!

- Jeri

Forum List

Back