🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

can you currently prove jesus existed without faith? can you prove god exists without faith? can you prove creationism exists without faith? can you prove anything in the bible without faith?

Why most scientists support the theory of evolution

by the same token.....can you prove Jesus did not exist?.....can you prove Creationism is NOT how it was done?.....and there are many things in the Bible that actually happened and many of the Characters did live at one time....

by the same argument, can you prove that jesus existed or creationism is true without a leap of faith? science does not require a leap of faith, it requires reasoning an ability to prove a theory, through a series of tests. (hence the scientific process)

people keep saying that many things in the bible actually happened. where is the proof that these so called things actually happened other than the bible? where is the proof that jesus walked on water? where is the proof that he was resurrected? where is the proof that moses parted the red sea? where is the proof that jesus actually existed? can any of this be proven without a leap of faith?

think about if what was going on in the bible was happening today. a guy named jesus was walking around telling everyone that he communicated with god and that he spoke the word of god. How reputable would he be in this society? would he be this savior, or would he be declared to have a mental illness?

by the same token.....can you prove Jesus did not exist?.....can you prove Creationism is NOT how it was done?.....and there are many things in the Bible that actually happened and many of the Characters did live at one time....

You are correct as to religous beliefs. NO ONE can prove that my religous beliefs are false. NO ONE can prove that my religous beliefs are true. Same with your religous beliefs and all religous beliefs.
NOT the same with science. Science is not beliefs. Religion is and always has been.
No one's religous beliefs are any better than anyone elses. That is the problem with religion. Most everyone religous believes theirs is THE ONLY WAY.
Such an insult to our brothers and sisters worldwide.

Just a question, why would you have a religion if you didn't think yours was the only religion, or the right religion? I don't believe that all non-Christians are going to hell but at the same time, I'm certain that Christianity is THE religion, the best religion, the only true religion.

You hit it right on the nail. That is why religion is so fucked up.
Faith is a different matter.

You are correct as to religous beliefs. NO ONE can prove that my religous beliefs are false. NO ONE can prove that my religous beliefs are true. Same with your religous beliefs and all religous beliefs.
NOT the same with science. Science is not beliefs. Religion is and always has been.
No one's religous beliefs are any better than anyone elses. That is the problem with religion. Most everyone religous believes theirs is THE ONLY WAY.
Such an insult to our brothers and sisters worldwide.

BUT.....if "GOD",does truly exist......only ONE of those Religions have got it right......the others have all deviated off the path....

Plenty of religions believe in a single God.
I used to worship cheerleaders with blonde hair and 36Ds.
Note the (s).

Note facts make them run away

science and religion are two peas in a pod. Both rely on theories.

No, not even close.
Religion is based on beliefs.
I believe in God. Now prove me wrong. No one can prove me wrong.
My neighbor, the most Christlike person I know, is an atheist.
No one can prove him wrong.
Theories are tested and can be proven wrong.
Ever heard of the scientific method?
How does that work?

It is strange that as a blue collar liberal, I find myself with more in common with the old line conservatives than with the far left, and certainly more than with the far right.

can you currently prove jesus existed without faith? can you prove god exists without faith? can you prove creationism exists without faith? can you prove anything in the bible without faith?

Why most scientists support the theory of evolution

by the same token.....can you prove Jesus did not exist?..

No, nor am I interested in doing so. I would be much more impressed with Christians if they were more interested in what Christ taught, and less interested in demonstrating their superiority over their neighbors.

...can you prove Creationism is NOT how it was done?..

Oh my, yes, and easily done. From genetics to geology.

...and there are many things in the Bible that actually happened and many of the Characters did live at one time....

There are many novels of which the same can be said.

think about if what was going on in the bible was happening today. a guy named jesus was walking around telling everyone that he communicated with god and that he spoke the word of god. How reputable would he be in this society? would he be this savior, or would he be declared to have a mental illness?

ok....so what if that same guy walked on water,and did the other things he supposedly had done, in front of hundreds....then what would you say?.....

science and religion are two peas in a pod. Both rely on theories.

No, not even close.
Religion is based on beliefs.
I believe in God. Now prove me wrong. No one can prove me wrong.
My neighbor, the most Christlike person I know, is an atheist.
No one can prove him wrong.
Theories are tested and can be proven wrong.
Ever heard of the scientific method?
How does that work?

It is strange that as a blue collar liberal, I find myself with more in common with the old line conservatives than with the far left, and certainly more than with the far right.

Far left drive me insane and far right make me furious as they should know better.

New Gallup poll.
Americans sure are dubasses, ignorant and robots.

With a user name attributed to the Georgia Bulldogs you're undoubtedly an expert on stupidity. In an ironic twist, you couldn't even spell dumb asses correctly. Good show.

Hey, you are right Einstein. I forgot to put a m in dumbasses and am an uneducated idiot and am stupid as you claim for not doing so.
Thanks for that brilliant and scholarly observation.
Us hicks down this a way needs to know more grammah so help me out:
If I leave the m out, does that mean you are not a dumbass?

You don't know that. That may have been special dirt.

BTW God has no limits. Unlike you and I, He isn't bound by the laws that we are bound to. God is omnipotent. Shall I define "omnipotent for you?

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Job 42:2
I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

Jeremiah 32:17,27
Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Luke 1:37
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Revelation 19:6
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

The "Lord" was the "Maker" and "Enforcer" of the physical laws that man uses to convince himself he is smart thru "science".
Prove it!

What other being was born of a virgin? What other being divided food and it multiplied? What other being walked on the water and then called another person to walk on water (that did)? What other being brought people back from the dead (after a day)? What other being rose from the dead? What other being appeared to many after their death? All of these had witnesses, that wrote down the events. They were not the work of a "scientist" using circumstancial evidence and making up a story to go with it. Because you choose to believe the storytellers over the witnesses is your choice.

Again you confirm your complete ignorance of science. Nowhere does evolution say apes turned into humans!!! It says apes and humans have a common ancestor!!!
You are completely brainwashed!

Then why is there no evidence of that ancestor? There is only "scientific guesses".

Scientific guesses vs supersticious guesses?

Today "scientific guesses" are supersticious: evidence: global warming, evolution.
There was a new find. Scientists now say they have discovered a "modern man", 400,000 years old. First thing the other scientists said: we think that was probably a neanderthal (even though there is no complete adult skeleton of a neanderthal). By the time the "scientists" are done, it will be the common ancestor of ..... (what ever you need to believe).

ok....so what if that same guy walked on water,and did the other things he supposedly had done, in front of hundreds....then what would you say?.....

one scientist outweighs hundreds, or even thousands of witnesses, because they can make it "sound" logical.

The "Lord" was the "Maker" and "Enforcer" of the physical laws that man uses to convince himself he is smart thru "science".
Prove it!

What other being was born of a virgin? What other being divided food and it multiplied? What other being walked on the water and then called another person to walk on water (that did)? What other being brought people back from the dead (after a day)? What other being rose from the dead? What other being appeared to many after their death? All of these had witnesses, that wrote down the events. They were not the work of a "scientist" using circumstancial evidence and making up a story to go with it. Because you choose to believe the storytellers over the witnesses is your choice.
That's not true, of course. There was no witness to Mary being impregnated by an spirit. Most everything in the new testament was written well after the life span of any possible witness. All the writers were "believers" and any third party writings have been shown to be forgeries.

Furthermore there are telltale signs that the "miracles" were not so miraculous. For example, turning water into wine. There are a great number of wine tastes from sweet to dry and very few people agree on which wine tastes best. But everyone said the water/wine Jesus made was the best they ever tasted, clearly mass hypnosis.

Jesus also said that by faith believers could do everything he did and more, yet no believer can raise the dead or even stand on water which is a lot easier than walking on water.

since you can not prove that jesus even actually existed, or that he walked on water the argument is pointless.

Also, we see magicians do amazing things, all of which in the end can be explained through science, not an act of god. do you really thing a magician can fly? or teleport? or levitate object? or is it just slight of hand and smoke and mirrors?

it has also been proven today, that eye witnesses get it wrong. look at may of the court cases where eye witness testimony is proven to be false. sometime the mind believes what the mind wants to believe. (hence optical illusions). when its really hot outside, if you look off into the distance you see water. now this water doesnt actually exist, but our mind thinks it does.

Last edited:
Prove it!

That's not true, of course. There was no witness to Mary being impregnated by an spirit. Most everything in the new testament was written well after the life span of any possible witness. All the writers were "believers" and any third party writings have been shown to be forgeries.

Furthermore there are telltale signs that the "miracles" were not so miraculous. For example, turning water into wine. There are a great number of wine tastes from sweet to dry and very few people agree on which wine tastes best. But everyone said the water/wine Jesus made was the best they ever tasted, clearly mass hypnosis.

Jesus also said that by faith believers could do everything he did and more, yet no believer can raise the dead or even stand on water which is a lot easier than walking on water.

Check the saints, you will find some did, exactly, what you are saying they didn't.

I haven't bothered to follow all 20+ pages of this thread thus far.

Is there anybody making the argument that the earth is actually 10,000 years old?

I have asked for someone to define a year, so far, no takers.

You havent given enough context for someone to reply correctly. A calendar year? Seasonal year? Fiscal year? Academic year? Julian year? Sidereal, tropical, and anomalistic years?

Are you looking for the amount of time it takes the earth to revolve around the sun 1 time completely...or the ancient historical term of reverence not marking actual solar years?

Forum List

Back