48% of Americans say Trump indictment is politically motivated... Marco Rubio comments

NO, they don't.
PRA is a law.
NARA governs them but when a subpoena is issued, the DOJ takes over, to return them to the rightful owner.
Seeing how the orange retard didn't comply with NARA, the DOJ filed charges.
Agreed.
Trump fucked-up. However, he still has quite a good hand to play.
I hope the stupid fuck gets burned, but it will be an interesting court fight.

Agreed.
Trump fucked-up. However, he still has quite a good hand to play.
I hope the stupid fuck gets burned, but it will be an interesting court fight.
FOS opinion.
The NARA decides which "documents" the president gets to keep.

Specifically, the PRA:

• Establishes public ownership of all Presidential records and defines the term Presidential records.
  • Requires that Vice-Presidential records be treated in the same way as Presidential records.
  • Places the responsibility for the custody and management of incumbent Presidential records with the President.
  • Requires that the President and his staff take all practical steps to file personal records separately from Presidential records.
  • Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal have been obtained in writing.

FOS opinion. The NARA decides which "documents" the president gets to keep.
Specifically, the PRA:
  • Establishes public ownership of all Presidential records and defines the term Presidential records.
  • Requires that Vice-Presidential records be treated in the same way as Presidential records.
  • Places the responsibility for the custody and management of incumbent Presidential records with the President.
  • Requires that the President and his staff take all practical steps to file personal records separately from Presidential records.
  • Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal have been obtained in writing.
OK, I agree with that.
So why didn't NARA do its job?
See thread "This tells you everything you need to know about the "classified document hoax"

ITpARfm_d.webp

Got a cite for the “Sock Drawer” suit?
But in a 2012 opinion, the trial judge overseeing Judicial Watch’s lawsuit ruled that even if the tapes should have been designated to be presidential records, she could not order the National Archives to recategorize them.
“The [Presidential Records Act] does not confer any mandatory or even discretional authority on the archivist,” wrote U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in that 2012 ruling. “Under the statute, this responsibility is left solely to the president.”
That language, as I’ll explain, has emboldened Trump supporters who contend that under Jackson's analysis, the Justice Department had no authority to seize documents from Mar-a-Lago.

But in a 2012 opinion, the trial judge overseeing Judicial Watch’s lawsuit ruled that even if the tapes should have been designated to be presidential records, she could not order the National Archives to recategorize them.
“The [Presidential Records Act] does not confer any mandatory or even discretional authority on the archivist,” wrote U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in that 2012 ruling. “Under the statute, this responsibility is left solely to the president.”
That language, as I’ll explain, has emboldened Trump supporters who contend that under Jackson's analysis, the Justice Department had no authority to seize documents from Mar-a-Lago.
I highly recommend you actually read the case they’re referring to because this political hack of a lawyer is leaving a lot of details out and lying about other details.

Judicial Watch lost the case because the court couldn’t force the archivist to do what they wanted.

The case notes that there is an enforcement mechanism in the law, and that mechanism is solely at the discretion of the archivist.

From the decision:
1686749480784.png

That only applies to documents he generated, not those generated by others and classified.

They did.
Sure ............WHERE did the captions come from?
Inserted by who?
A RWNJ teabagger?
Same picture, no captions.
FAIL.
If Trump dies in prison its his own damn fault.
I'm focusing more on the Biden crimes now than Trump's.

I highly recommend you actually read the case they’re referring to because this political hack of a lawyer is leaving a lot of details out and lying about other details.
Judicial Watch lost the case because the court couldn’t force the archivist to do what they wanted.
The case notes that there is an enforcement mechanism in the law, and that mechanism is solely at the discretion of the archivist.
From the decision:
View attachment 795055
Good research. This will be an interesting legal case to follow. I'm betting that it will be delayed and delayed and delayed until after the 2024 election.

Good research. This will be an interesting legal case to follow. I'm betting that it will be delayed and delayed and delayed until after the 2024 election.
Yes, delaying the trial is a sign of weakness. As are the lies about case law coming from Trump supporters. As is the ridiculous assertions that defy logic and common sense regarding the idea that military documents are in fact “personal”.

Trump has a serious uphill battle and his best hope is to delay and prey for a pardon or electoral victory. He doesn’t have the law on his side. He has to go around the law.

Yes, delaying the trial is a sign of weakness. As are the lies about case law coming from Trump supporters. As is the ridiculous assertions that defy logic and common sense regarding the idea that military documents are in fact “personal”. Trump has a serious uphill battle and his best hope is to delay and prey for a pardon or electoral victory. He doesn’t have the law on his side. He has to go around the law.
If Trump dies in prison its his own damn fault. That said, the "law" isn't always cut-and-dried. Look at Hillary as an example. Look at her lack of "intent", etc.

Only 48%? I'd guess the media sources are holding down the numbers for political purposes. How could you not see that the indictment is politically motivated? I bet the percentage is at least as large as the negatives on Biden which is around 60%

NO, they don't.
PRA is a law.
NARA governs them but when a subpoena is issued, the DOJ takes over, to return them to the rightful owner.
Seeing how the orange retard didn't comply with NARA, the DOJ filed charges.
They made up Russian collusion to take Trump out, you think they won't fabricate some else to take him out? You loons are full of hate.

Forum List

Back