4th Grade Science Test

I saw it.
And I did an image search. It's all over the place.
Still doesn't make it legit.
Hell, Rtard still thinks the picture of Bush holding an upside down children's book is real.

I think Creation AND Evolution should have equal time
Really? :lol:

Should leaches and antibiotics get equal use, too?

You have a right to your opinion and that's all it is, Synth.
Majority of opinions on this don't follow yours.

No. Evolution is not an opinion. And....the majority most certainly accepts that humans evolved and were not created. Please..........try harder.

No. Evolution is not an opinion. And....the majority most certainly accepts that humans evolved and were not created. Please..........try harder.

Just a question...if we are evolving, how? We've got pictures dating back to the middle ages and statues that date back before Christ. How have we evolved in the past 2,000 or so years?

Just a question...if we are evolving, how? We've got pictures dating back to the middle ages and statues that date back before Christ. How have we evolved in the past 2,000 or so years?

In ways that aren't noticeable on such a short time scale. Evolution can take millions of years. It's more noticeable in shorter lived organisms, e.g. bacteria developing resistance to antibiotics.

In ways that aren't noticeable on such a short time scale. Evolution can take millions of years. It's more noticeable in shorter lived organisms, e.g. bacteria developing resistance to antibiotics.

So, you're saying that we are millions of years old?

Before I answer that, I will ask you if you are joking.

I'm not really joking. Just pointing out that in spite of people's beliefs, evolution is still a "theory".

Not saying it shouldn't be taught in science class, it definitely should be taught, but as the theory it is and why we have that theory, not as fact. Dinosaurs are a fact, evolution isn't, yet.

So, you're saying that we are millions of years old?

No, it took millions of years to get where we are today, billions actually, if you figure all life came from a primordial single-celled organism. You're focusing on the wrong part of my post. The important part was the fact that the time periods you mentioned are much to short for evolution to have proceeded enough for us to notice.

I'm not really joking. Just pointing out that in spite of people's beliefs, evolution is still a "theory".

Not saying it shouldn't be taught in science class, it definitely should be taught, but as the theory it is and why we have that theory, not as fact. Dinosaurs are a fact, evolution isn't, yet.

Scientifically there isn't much of a difference between theory and fact. One must present a lot of proof to debunk a theory. Until that's accomplished a theory is for all intents and purposes, fact. That's because theory doesn't mean 'guess', it means the best explanation based on lots and lots of evidence.

Scientifically there isn't much of a difference between theory and fact. One must present a lot of proof to debunk a theory. Until that's accomplished a theory is for all intents and purposes, fact. That's because theory doesn't mean 'guess', it means the best explanation based on lots and lots of evidence.

I won't argue that, and I definitely think all the evidence should be presented. I just don't think that evolution is fact yet.

Then....you cannot be taken seriously. As much as I would like to. I appreciate you...and your contribution. But this is a deal breaker for me. Evolution is not up for debate.

When you figure out the missing link from ape to homo sapien get back to me.
Something happened along the way and the scientists and you can't explain what. :eusa_whistle:

Yup, going from 1 cell to everything making a critical thinking organism left up to time and evolving is just like putting all the parts of a car in a cement truck and keep spinning it until the car is put together...not much of a difference, but the human is much more complicated than a car.

Yup, going from 1 cell to everything making a critical thinking organism left up to time and evolving is just like putting all the parts of a car in a cement truck and keep spinning it until the car is put together...not much of a difference, but the human is much more complicated than a car.

People still think this is a valid objection to the theory of evolution?

No more requirements of supporting links?
If you google 4th grade science test South Carolina, you will find many links however, they are all forums and blogs that contain the same kind of stuff that's in this thread.

If you look at some of the creationist science text books which are available on the web, one can easy in vision a test such as this being given. I posted a few pages from one of the texts earlier in this thread.
I saw it.
And I did an image search. It's all over the place.
Still doesn't make it legit.
Hell, Rtard still thinks the picture of Bush holding an upside down children's book is real.

I think Creation AND Evolution should have equal time
If Creationism is to be taught, it should be taught as a part of religious education and it should not be supported with taxpayer dollars. No way should it be taught in a science classroom. Creationism teaches the wrong approach to science because it begins not with a question but with a conclusion. In Creationism, the hypotheses is the conclusion, because it is the word of God. Regardless of the evidence the hypothesis cannot be rejected because it's the word of God.

In real science:

We begin with a question.
We do background research.
We construct a hypothesis.
We test the hypotheses by experimentation and the gathering of evidence.
If the experimentation and evidence supports the hypotheses, we draw a conclusion.
If it doesn't we abandon the hypotheses and do more research and formulate another hypotheses.

It's obviously not from a public school. It's from a private, "faith-based" school or charter school, using taxpayer money to promote this crap and warp our childrens' minds.

Prove that taxpayer money is being used by the school that supposedly administered this quiz.

This is way beyond taxpayer money. This bs is just blatantly wrong. Hopefully the kids taking this quiz will look back on it later in life and laugh their asses off at the idiots who were pushing this crap as fact.

I'm sure the kids will figure it out for themselves if they have more than third grade math, that is.

Prove that taxpayer money is being used by the school that supposedly administered this quiz.

This is way beyond taxpayer money. This bs is just blatantly wrong. Hopefully the kids taking this quiz will look back on it later in life and laugh their asses off at the idiots who were pushing this crap as fact.

I'm sure the kids will figure it out for themselves if they have more than third grade math, that is.

I don't know. I know quite a few adults who believe the world is 6000 years old and dinosaurs and humans coexisted.

I don't know. I know quite a few adults who believe the world is 6000 years old and dinosaurs and humans coexisted.
An AP poll in 2006 relieved 80% of the people believe in angles.

Forum List

Back