5 children dead in bus crash, driver charged

This is a terrible situation and it's occurring over and over again. I'm not sure what the answer is - it seems that most of these drivers are provided by outside entities as opposed to being on the public school payroll. Perhaps it's time to crack down on those hiring agencies if they're not looking closely at who they're hiring. Then again, even if they do make really good hiring decisions, there are still drivers who are going to do stupid, stupid things.

It's not always the drivers fault. In 7th grade my bus hit a speeding car as it topped a hill. The other car was a high schooler racing a friend. His car went under our business & he was killed.
We all bounced around like ping pong balls. Maybe seat belts are needed?

He was a nappy headed punk kid that was speeding. Whoever hired him to drive children around needs to be horsewhipped.

There's been a lot of talk about seat belts, too. And you are right ... it's not always the bus driver's fault. Just a few weeks ago I was coming to a stop in the left hand turn lane and slammed my brakes as some dimwit tore the intersection making a left hand as a school bus was making a right turn - the bus had the right of way at that light and the driver of the car never even looked - his eyes were tunnel visioned. The ass would have hit that bus had the bus driver not been alert.

I live in TN and we had a horrific school but crash last year that killed several children and an adult bus monitor - and that was caused by another school bus driver. That's why I responded as I did in my first post. I don't trust anybody anymore and that's the truth - I'm to a point where I think every city, county and state trooper in the state should have a trunk load of driver's manuals and hand one out with every ticket they write.

He was a nappy headed punk kid that was speeding. Whoever hired him to drive children around needs to be horsewhipped.
At the end of the day, whoever hired him can only be blamed so much when no one can know what another person is actually capable of doing. I remember reading a few years ago about a school bus driver who was fired for leaving a child around eight years of age at a gas station. The child was their last one to take home and because of an emergency phone call that they got, they dropped the kid off at what I guess was the nearest gas station to where ever they were. People are unpredictable.

God bless you and the child always!!!

Holly

At the end of the day, whoever hired him can only be blamed so much when no one can know what another person is actually capable of doing. I remember reading a few years ago about a school bus driver who was fired for leaving a child around eight years of age at a gas station. The child was their last one to take home and because of an emergency phone call that they got, they dropped the kid off at what I guess was the nearest gas station to where ever they were. People are unpredictable.

Holly
The problem is that it was a 23 or 24 year old. There were no more seasoned men or women that could have done the job?

What a heartbreaking incident. I can't imagine the level of grief the family and the children on the bus must feel. :(

5 innocent children had to be killed horribly for no other reason but ratings. they died so that some chauvinistic reporters could flaunt their ability to tug the bleeding heart strings, and their cult following could then show off how much they pretend to care, and then insult anyone who doesn't conform to the FAKE NEWS.

5 innocent children had to be killed horribly for no other reason but ratings. they died so that some chauvinistic reporters could flaunt their ability to tug the bleeding heart strings, and their cult following could then show off how much they pretend to care, and then insult anyone who doesn't conform to the FAKE NEWS.
:cuckoo:

How do you know this is a fake news? :eusa_think:

Holly
The problem is that it was a 23 or 24 year old. There were no more seasoned men or women that could have done the job?
Sadly it is possible that the guy could have been it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Don't let him speak for everyone else in his age bracket though. They can do that themselves.

Forum List

Back