5-year-old shoots, kills self while dad in shower

I don't know a whole lot about guns----but it seems to me that guns should be made with SAFETY locks that a child cannot over come

The problem is that such locks prevent the owner from quickly using it in the time of need. In the Gun vs. Child debate, I'll take the Gun every time.

Like I posted earlier, all of the gun locks I have are in a drawer in my workshop.
My firearms I keep in various safes, most of them biometric for easy access.

There seem to be some nutbags who are disgusted with Guno. That's is understandable. He's displaying very poor character in this thread as he has in others like this.

Yes...Guno is a despicable liberal when it comes to using tragedy to make a political point. What you do not see is scores of other liberals "thanking" "agreeing" or "winning" this OP.

Please take note of that fact.
In my eyes it's not because he's a liberal that makes him a disgusting piece of shit.

There seem to be some nutbags who are disgusted with Guno. That's is understandable. He's displaying very poor character in this thread as he has in others like this.

Yes...Guno is a despicable liberal when it comes to using tragedy to make a political point. What you do not see is scores of other liberals "thanking" "agreeing" or "winning" this OP.

In my eyes it's not because he's a liberal that makes him a disgusting piece of shit.

I don't spend much time thinking about the guy.

I don't spend much time thinking about the guy.
Neither do I, I just happen to see his posts and occasionally respond appropriately. :dunno:

The southern gun culture strikes again, the NRA cheers!

5-year-old shoots, kills self while dad in shower - CNN Video

First of all, unless you can show a serious difference in this sort of accidental deaths in the south, your claims about the "southern gun culture" is bullshit.

And "the NRA cheers"??? Really? I think you are cheering. But the NRA is all about gun safety.

If a loaded gun was left where a toddler can get it, the gun owner is an idiot and should be prosecuted. It really is that simple.

Keeping a gun away from children is not difficult.

I don't know a whole lot about guns----but it seems to me that guns should be made with SAFETY locks that a child cannot over come

The problem is that such locks prevent the owner from quickly using it in the time of need. In the Gun vs. Child debate, I'll take the Gun every time.

Awkward trigger locks are not the only method of keeping a gun safe. A lock box that opens almost instantly is not very expensive. If you have children, you lock up your guns. To do otherwise is negligent and ignorant.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

He usually gets tons of likes for these sorts of posts. Let Asclepias and DAWS come to the thread and they'll give Guno an award.

They are a couple of jackasses and trolls.

Irresponsible gun owner
Interesting. Responsible people can act irresponsibly from time to time, it's being human but in this case it appears to also give you "political ammo" to use........ Thought you were smarter than that. :dunno:

Yes, they CAN act irresponsibly from time to time. And they should be willing to face legal actions for the times they do. Especially when they "occasional irresponsibility" can be deadly.

Don't drink and drive. Good rule. If you from time to time get behind the wheel drunk, you should be arrested.

Some people are irresponsible. If that child fell out of a window??? If he drank bleach??? Children die in accidents every single day and most of the time it has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment right.

Exactly!! If a child falls out of a window, drinks bleach ect, we blame the parents. But somehow, if it involves a gun we blame the NRA and all gun owners. It is pure nonsense.

Irresponsible gun owner
Interesting. Responsible people can act irresponsibly from time to time, it's being human but in this case it appears to also give you "political ammo" to use........ Thought you were smarter than that. :dunno:

Yes, they CAN act irresponsibly from time to time. And they should be willing to face legal actions for the times they do. Especially when they "occasional irresponsibility" can be deadly.

Don't drink and drive. Good rule. If you from time to time get behind the wheel drunk, you should be arrested.
There are consequences, for every action there is a reaction. Personally though I think the fact he knows it was his screw up that cost his son his life would probably be punishment enough. I've never had children but I could imagine, I'd most likely want to crawl in a corner and die.

Irresponsible gun owner

There are consequences, for every action there is a reaction. Personally though I think the fact he knows it was his screw up that cost his son his life would probably be punishment enough. I've never had children but I could imagine, I'd most likely want to crawl in a corner and die.

I'm sure there is absolutely nothing anyone could do to him that would make him feel or hurt any worse than he already does.

Some people are irresponsible. If that child fell out of a window??? If he drank bleach??? Children die in accidents every single day and most of the time it has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment right.

Exactly!! If a child falls out of a window, drinks bleach ect, we blame the parents. But somehow, if it involves a gun we blame the NRA and all gun owners. It is pure nonsense.
Politics as usual. That's why I don't buy into the bull shit rhetoric, from any side.

Wow that's a leap. Kid gets hold of a gun and shoots herself and it's all because of "Southern Gun Culture"? How about irresponsible gun owner. I have three guns and a one year old in my house. I love my guns but I keep them in a locked gun safe,clips out of the gun,in a locked closet. The NRA recommends and sells such devices to secure your firearms so how is it their fault if someone didn't use one?

Irresponsible gun owner

On one hand I agree with you. But if the parent had killed the child, we would want him prosecuted. If he left his toddler in a hot car and the child died, we would want him prosecuted. This man's negligence (of VERY common sense gun rules) cost a 5 year child their life. I understand your sympathy, but being very, very sorry is not a legal defense.

Wow that's a leap. Kid gets hold of a gun and shoots herself and it's all because of "Southern Gun Culture"? How about irresponsible gun owner. I have three guns and a one year old in my house. I love my guns but I keep them in a locked gun safe,clips out of the gun,in a locked closet. The NRA recommends and sells such devices to secure your firearms so how is it their fault if someone didn't use one?

It is the NRA's fault because anti-gun people WANT it to be. Rational? No. True? Absolutely.

It is the NRA's fault because anti-gun people WANT it to be. Rational? No. True? Absolutely.
I don't know why I'm surprised. The anti-gun lobby blames guns for every incident as if the gun sprouted legs and a mind and began shooting people on it's own.

Like I posted earlier, all of the gun locks I have are in a drawer in my workshop. My firearms I keep in various safes, most of them biometric for easy access.

I have ever one safe, for the firearms not currently in use. The others are preposition ed, loaded, along with other types of weapons throughout my property.

Like I posted earlier, all of the gun locks I have are in a drawer in my workshop. My firearms I keep in various safes, most of them biometric for easy access.

I have ever one safe, for the firearms not currently in use. The others are preposition ed, loaded, along with other types of weapons throughout my property.

Your "property"? You said you live in a condo. I kinda doubt you hide them outside of your own condo.

A firearm is not a toy. If you had a child (I shudder at the thought), I would hope you would keep the guns locked away from the child. A biometric pistol safe is not slowing you down enough to matter.

Workshop rifles
winchester-bandit-9-gun-safe-3.jpg

Workshop hand guns
th

Bedroom closet

th

Irresponsible gun owner
That's not some acting irresponsibly, it's someone who's actions resulted in the most catastrophic consequence imaginable. People need to take their guns seriously.

Forum List

Back