5-year-old shoots, kills self while dad in shower

Irresponsible gun owner
Interesting. Responsible people can act irresponsibly from time to time, it's being human but in this case it appears to also give you "political ammo" to use........ Thought you were smarter than that. :dunno:

Yes, they CAN act irresponsibly from time to time. And they should be willing to face legal actions for the times they do. Especially when they "occasional irresponsibility" can be deadly.

Don't drink and drive. Good rule. If you from time to time get behind the wheel drunk, you should be arrested.
There are consequences, for every action there is a reaction. Personally though I think the fact he knows it was his screw up that cost his son his life would probably be punishment enough. I've never had children but I could imagine, I'd most likely want to crawl in a corner and die.

On one hand I agree with you. But if the parent had killed the child, we would want him prosecuted. If he left his toddler in a hot car and the child died, we would want him prosecuted. This man's negligence (of VERY common sense gun rules) cost a 5 year child their life. I understand your sympathy, but being very, very sorry is not a legal defense.
I already said there are consequences and he will have to face them, I was just commenting on what he (might) be going through. As for the some of your examples those could be deliberate, not accidental and yes the perpetrator must be given a fair trial, not excusing negligence.

Irresponsible gun owner
Interesting. Responsible people can act irresponsibly from time to time, it's being human but in this case it appears to also give you "political ammo" to use........ Thought you were smarter than that. :dunno:
That's not some acting irresponsibly, it's someone who's actions resulted in the most catastrophic consequence imaginable. People need to take their guns seriously.
since when does irresponsible not equate to irresponsible? That makes no sense. :dunno:

Irresponsible gun owner
That's not some acting irresponsibly, it's someone who's actions resulted in the most catastrophic consequence imaginable. People need to take their guns seriously.
since when does irresponsible not equate to irresponsible? That makes no sense. :dunno:
I'm sure the idiot father who's son is now dead from his massively irresponsible failure, will be comforted to hear that he's a responsible gun owner

Irresponsible gun owner

Yes, they CAN act irresponsibly from time to time. And they should be willing to face legal actions for the times they do. Especially when they "occasional irresponsibility" can be deadly.

Don't drink and drive. Good rule. If you from time to time get behind the wheel drunk, you should be arrested.
:clap:

Irresponsible gun owner
I'm sure the idiot father who's son is now dead from his massively irresponsible failure, will be comforted to hear that he's a responsible gun owner

He said he was IRRESPONSIBLE.

Irresponsible gun owner
Deliberately misinterpreting what I posted or just can't see past your anger? Well, I can't stop you from allowing emotion to override rationality, happens to all of us from time to time.

Irresponsible gun owner

He said this was a "responsible" gun owner who shouldn't be accused of being an "irresponsible" gun owner just because of one catastrophically irresponsible action.

He said this was a "responsible" gun owner who shouldn't be accused of being an "irresponsible" gun owner just because of one catastrophically irresponsible action.
No I said "responsible people sometimes act irresponsibly", I was not giving the father a pass.

Yes, as a matter of fact, he should be called irresponsible. He had 3 children in the house and left a .45 out on a table. That is what is known as acting irresponsibly.

Yes, as a matter of fact, he should be called irresponsible. He had 3 children in the house and left a .45 out on a table. That is what is known as acting irresponsibly.
You can add STUPID to that.

That's correct, in that moment he acted irresponsibly. The issue I'm addressing are the hacks who use situations like this to score political points for "their side".

That's correct, in that moment he acted irresponsibly. The issue I'm addressing are the hacks who use situations like this to score political points for "their side".

Well, those people are idiots.

But this man is irresponsible. Period. If he stored his guns properly every other time, his actions on this day still make him irresponsible, due to the results.

And, in all likelihood, he will no longer be able to own a firearm.

Well, those people are idiots.

But this man is irresponsible. Period. If he stored his guns properly every other time, his actions on this day still make him irresponsible, due to the results.

And, in all likelihood, he will no longer be able to own a firearm.
Quite possibly.
As for his irresponsible action here I agree, as for condemning people who make mistakes for the rest of their lives, even ones as heinous as this before knowing what the situation was is and always has been (in my estimation) a knee jerk reaction by society bent on their self righteous sense of justice.
The father needs to answer for his irresponsibility and face a jury of his peers, most likely his life is over, his marriage is over and he will be permanently branded. Yes he brought it on himself but that doesn't make it any less (potentially) sad considering the number of lives ruined but as I said, there are always consequences.

The southern gun culture strikes again, the NRA cheers!

5-year-old shoots, kills self while dad in shower - CNN Video

No...only gun grabbers cheer the death of kids with guns...that is why they fight gun safety lessons in public schools....dead children do not help our fight for self defense....dead children are critical to your anti gun propaganda...which is why you celebrate them so much.......
Progressives use dead kids to advance their political agenda of "control" under the fallacy of so called gun control...

And some perspective.........

The posts found here display all too clearly the extremity of the firearm ownership problem. Because a few go so deeply into their paranoia and hysteria to have a gun ready everywhere at every moment, others will want everyone to be controlled all the time. By not imposing reason upon themselves, those obsessive about their guns are going to bring increasing limitation upon the reasonable.

Yeah.....here is some truth, reality and the real perspective on kids and guns...vs. ....using the emotional impact of a dead child to push taking 357,000,000 million guns away from people....

Broker Version 9.4

Accidental death by cause for 2014.....ages <1-14. ( 320 million guns in private hands in 2013) (74.2 million children 2010 census)

Children and the way they die in accidents.....

Accidental gun deaths...48 ( 2013...69) ( 2012...58) ( 2011...74)
Accidental drowning...647
Accidental car deaths...1,083
Accidental falls...53
----------------

Compared to accidental gun deaths in 2013...

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....in a country with 74.2 million children in 2010...
Broker Version 9.4

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-9 years old: 15

10-15 years old: 24

Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

Accidental gun death:

<1.... 0

1-4.... 22

5-9.... 14

10-14.... 12

total: 48
--------
Accidental Drowning:

<1.... 29

1-4.... 388

5-9.... 125

10-14.... 105