5 Years of Obama

I remember some time in the 80's when the Dow was around 1200 I think, then it dropped two or three hundred and it was called a crash. Still and all, what does the Dow really mean to the average person? It's higher than ever but I remember the jobless rate much lower and the Dow was around a thousand and jobs were easier to get. Many jobs in industry with lots of overtime too.

Thanks, Mr. President!

9cGBRAr.jpg

and thats all WITH a rw obstructing congresss ;)

Thank you for the weakest economic recovery ever and the highest poverty rate this country has ever had.

Highest poverty rate ever?

Did you forget the Great Republican depression of 1929?

Why do you think the Great Republican Recession of 2008 would be any better?

FDR Was President and took a sharp recession and turned it into an economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years

Thank you for the weakest economic recovery ever and the highest poverty rate this country has ever had.

FDR Was President and took a sharp recession and turned it into an economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years

And if it wasn't for WWII there would have been no recovery.

What would you expect after the largest economic free-fall in history. (Bush/Republicans/wall street)

I would expect a robust recovery.

Then you're a fool. Didn't economists in 2009 say it would take 8-10 years?

President Barack Obama said in February 2009 that his presidency would be "one-term proposition" if the economy did not recover in three years, giving him less than six months from today.

[ame=http://youtu.be/CCN5-ovvFL0]FLASHBACK: Obama: My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition' If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years - YouTube[/ame]

Have the the Millions who lost their Homes got them back?
Have the Millions who lost their Life saving got it back?
Have we reduced Food Stamp usage back to 2008 levels?
Has the average Household Salary gone back up to 2008 levels?

I could go on and on.... NO, the economy has not recovered, it has improved, but my puppy dog in the WH would have gotten the same results over the last 5.5 years :D

Just because the Dow is up pretty much means the Rich are getting Richer

76% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck

76% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck - Jun. 24, 2013

76% is the highest in 40 years..... Yup Obama is doing a Great Job :eusa_whistle:

I remember some time in the 80's when the Dow was around 1200 I think, then it dropped two or three hundred and it was called a crash. Still and all, what does the Dow really mean to the average person? It's higher than ever but I remember the jobless rate much lower and the Dow was around a thousand and jobs were easier to get. Many jobs in industry with lots of overtime too.

If you're referring to Black Monday, it was a 23% drop.

The jobless rate was lower because corporate America was receiving their subsidies. Lack of subsides is why the jobless rate is high today.

Hey guys, cool it on the off topic flaming. Politics is Zone 2 - that means posts need to have content relevant to the topic.

Genitalia is not relevant to the topic.

Are you UNWELL? American history isn't your strong suit.

I would expect a robust recovery.

President Barack Obama said in February 2009 that his presidency would be "one-term proposition" if the economy did not recover in three years, giving him less than six months from today.

[ame=http://youtu.be/CCN5-ovvFL0]FLASHBACK: Obama: My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition' If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years - YouTube[/ame]

I could go on and on.... NO, the economy has not recovered, it has improved, but my puppy dog in the WH would have gotten the same results over the last 5.5 years :D

76% is the highest in 40 years..... Yup Obama is doing a Great Job :eusa_whistle:

Evidently, he did turn the economy around

He was elected by a wide margin

Do you really think it was because of what he did to our economy, or was it because of Romney? Be real here....

I do wish someone could launch a broad, definitive, current study on the psychology of political partisanship.

The way they construct their alternative universe is just fascinating -- evidently only seeing one side of the story, completely blind to the other side. Is it really blindness caused by adherence to their ideology, some kind of intellectual blind spot, or willful blindness? Man oh man, that would be just one of many questions I'd like to see them address.

Read Jonathan Haidt's book, "The Righteous Mind."

I do wish someone could launch a broad, definitive, current study on the psychology of political partisanship.

The way they construct their alternative universe is just fascinating -- evidently only seeing one side of the story, completely blind to the other side. Is it really blindness caused by adherence to their ideology, some kind of intellectual blind spot, or willful blindness? Man oh man, that would be just one of many questions I'd like to see them address.

Read Jonathan Haidt's book, "The Righteous Mind."

Read Orwell's book "1984" :eusa_whistle:

FLASHBACK: Obama: My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition' If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years - YouTube

Do you really think it was because of what he did to our economy, or was it because of Romney? Be real here....

President Obamas point was that if the American people were not satisfied with his handling of the economy, he would be a one term president

Evidently, they were satisfied

Forum List

Back